• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Photos of Your Disc Golf Bag

And if that something was to break then the scepter would would be useless. Whereas if you're applying pressure (little pressure) like it is now then at least it eliminates that possibility :D It works great and is very handy considering I practice a lot.

Then make it strong, it doesn't take much to not cheap out on a product. I was thinking more specifically for when you have a floater you don't want to sink it just to get it back and possibly lose it. I had a friend who threw a z stalker into a pond which surprisingly floated. They went and got some fishing rods, but right when they just about had it, it tipped too much and sunk.

Then make it strong, it doesn't take much to not cheap out on a product. I was thinking more specifically for when you have a floater you don't want to sink it just to get it back and possibly lose it. I had a friend who threw a z stalker into a pond which surprisingly floated. They went and got some fishing rods, but right when they just about had it, it tipped too much and sunk.

It's not about making it stronger, it's about eliminating and minimizing any potential problems. So in your case, they would make another part to add to the scepter; well, if that part was to break or malfunction then what? Blame the company for a cheap product or a proclaim that it doesn't work.

For a floating disc, all you have to do is move the suction cup so that it is perpendicular to the rod, squeeze the bulb located at the end of the rod, then place the suction cup on the disc and release the bulb and it will latch on the disc. You have now rescued your disc...I've done it.

It's not about making it stronger, it's about eliminating and minimizing any potential problems. So in your case, they would make another part to add to the scepter; well, if that part was to break or malfunction then what? Blame the company for a cheap product or a proclaim that it doesn't work.

For a floating disc, all you have to do is move the suction cup so that it is perpendicular to the rod, squeeze the bulb located at the end of the rod, then place the suction cup on the disc and release the bulb and it will latch on the disc. You have now rescued your disc...I've done it.

Well you see, that's pretty much what I was asking for. They just never pointed out the use of that for it in the video. Also there are many ways you could engineer such a thing I spoke of without a likely hood of it breaking easily, some syringe like plunger idea could easily work to create suction(wouldn't have to be a long one either).

Last edited:
That's a really really nice setup jaymbee

Thinking about Sharpie'ing my GB logo just because that yellow is so hideous

Hey thanks man! It's really my second love. My wife has the same bag in gray I outta post for a comparison.

I'm with ya though on that damn logo. The gorilla dude is fairly ridiculous, but that's why I got all these patches to put on there. :thmbup:

That's a really really nice setup jaymbee

Thinking about Sharpie'ing my GB logo just because that yellow is so hideous

Dont be hating on yellow.

IMG_20101225_084438.jpg

Could be improved if it had something that forced the suction cup to suck without applying pressure. Was just thinking sort of like how my GPS doc thing works.
MooTaters,

Hi, my name is Jeff and I am with Whirld Sports, the maker of the Scepter. I manage our website and noticed traffic coming to the site from here and saw your post. Just wanted to let you know that the Scepter already does have a way to grab your discs without applying pressure. The Scepter has a bellows system which allows you to simply squeeze the bulb, set the cup on your disc, release the bulb, and presto...disc suction engaged and your disc is grabbed. This feature is great for retrievals under cars or fences where the Scepter can only be placed horizontal to the ground and applying downward pressure is not feasible. This feature is also quite handy when a disc is up in a tree, lying at an odd angle. Can't tell you how many times I've used the bellows system to make retrievals from trees. So, in short, the improvement you suggested is already built in!

Thanks

I wonder if he'll give us a discount coupon for so much traffic. I know I would totally bite if that was the case. I think they're awesome, I wish I would of talked to them at the Memorial.

MooTaters,

Hi, my name is Jeff and I am with Whirld Sports, the maker of the Scepter. I manage our website and noticed traffic coming to the site from here and saw your post. Just wanted to let you know that the Scepter already does have a way to grab your discs without applying pressure. The Scepter has a bellows system which allows you to simply squeeze the bulb, set the cup on your disc, release the bulb, and presto...disc suction engaged and your disc is grabbed. This feature is great for retrievals under cars or fences where the Scepter can only be placed horizontal to the ground and applying downward pressure is not feasible. This feature is also quite handy when a disc is up in a tree, lying at an odd angle. Can't tell you how many times I've used the bellows system to make retrievals from trees. So, in short, the improvement you suggested is already built in!

Thanks

I wonder if he'll give us a discount coupon for so much traffic. I know I would totally bite if that was the case. I think they're awesome, I wish I would of talked to them at the Memorial.

I've had the scepter for two weeks now and got the chance to use it to retrieve a players disc that fell victim to the lake in a tournament this past weekend. Tonight in my leagues, the scepter was called upon 8 times to retrieve discs that were blown and thrown into the creek/ravine (30-40mph wind). Normally it takes a good while and a lot of mud on ya to retrieve your disc, but not tonight, all thanks to the scepter.

My new bag, Lat 64, with Titleist Quad shocks. New bag to me this winter and have not used it much. Hard to play disc in winter in the Tahoe area. Have some patches to put on it still.

Discs
FR esp Nuke
Z Nuke SS
ESP Pred
X Avenger
Elite Pro XL
Z Avenger SS
Z stalker
Z Hornet
FLX Drone
FLX Buzzz
Z Buzzz SS
ESP Hornet
ESP Banger
Soft Banger

Not pictured is my Z XL roller disc which is in the dye process right now.
imgp2114v.jpg

imgp2115j.jpg

imgp2117z.jpg

I just use an Innova Standrad bag, nothing special for when I normally play. But if I'm travelling and have to pack in a suitcase, I use this "map case" bage I found at an Army surplus store. It's made by a company called Rothco and it's pretty heavy duty canvas, has a mini pocket and one divider built into the main compartment. Holds about 10 discs. Looks cool too - more like an army satchel and less like a soft cooler lunchbox. Only cost me $12 with free shipping...

http://www.amazon.com/5796-OLIVE-DRAB-CANVAS-SHOULDER/dp/B001KQJ3LU

can u post the back of ur bag with the quads setup?

I have it hooked to the loops. I am about to get two big key rings so that I can attach the beaners to them. W/O taking a pic I hope that is what you are after.

here is mine and my girlfriend's bags

picture.php

hers is a fade crunch with purple quadshocks, mine is a gb silverback with gray quadshocks. both have rubberized bottoms and mine has a camelback water thing

How did you get a camelbak to go with your bag? I have had thoughts of attaching a camelbak to my innoa standard or if not a a bigger bag in the future. What size is the bladder?

I've had the scepter for two weeks now and got the chance to use it to retrieve a players disc that fell victim to the lake in a tournament this past weekend. Tonight in my leagues, the scepter was called upon 8 times to retrieve discs that were blown and thrown into the creek/ravine (30-40mph wind). Normally it takes a good while and a lot of mud on ya to retrieve your disc, but not tonight, all thanks to the scepter.

I have a golden retriever, but it's tedious to take out and unwind. I think that I will be giving them a call when I get paid this Friday. It's just to cool of a tool not to have.

My new bag, Lat 64, with Titleist Quad shocks. New bag to me this winter and have not used it much. Hard to play disc in winter in the Tahoe area. Have some patches to put on it still.

Discs
FR esp Nuke
Z Nuke SS
ESP Pred
X Avenger
Elite Pro XL
Z Avenger SS
Z stalker
Z Hornet
FLX Drone
FLX Buzzz
Z Buzzz SS
ESP Hornet
ESP Banger
Soft Banger

Not pictured is my Z XL roller disc which is in the dye process right now.
imgp2114v.jpg

imgp2115j.jpg

imgp2117z.jpg

Let me know how you like it. I'm upgrading from my Fade Crunch Box and right now the Lat. 64 pro bag is at the top of my list.

^so far I love it. We'll see how it holds up. I just up-graded from a fade tourney. Loved the fade, but just wanted more space for non disc stuff.

How did you get a camelbak to go with your bag? I have had thoughts of attaching a camelbak to my innoa standard or if not a a bigger bag in the future. What size is the bladder?

Looks to me like he simply has a camelbak type hose hooked up to a water bottle. I know Camelbak makes a hose you can attach to their "better bottles". ( http://www.rei.com/product/763661 ) I use one when I go on day hikes and I love it.

Anyway, here's a pic of my bag. Fade Tourney Fly or Die with Phenix Quad Shox. I love the all black, but hate the fly or die graphics on the side pockets (not a skull guy). Looking for some good patches to put on the bag to cover them up. Other than that, couldn't be happier with the bag, especially considering the price.

Attachments

• P1040680.jpg
    P1040680.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 69