• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Found Plastic!

This morning found a green 166g FLX Surge ESP with a custom Miami Dolphins logo dye job on it. No name or number. Threw it around today and looks like i'll be keeping it in my bag.

At Tocobaga found a DX Valkyrie, Star Teebird and Champ Destroyer, all no ink. I gave the Valk to a guy in the parking lot who gave me 2 beers. He'd just lost an identical Valk on #16. We walked over to 16, and he described the flight path it took. I walked into the woods, and walked out with the disc in 20 seconds. Fastest find-to-return known to man.

Found a champ cro with the dx stamp (inked in rim), a champ roadrunner and a dx valk yesterday. Called on the cro and should have it back to him this weekend.

I found a millenium prototype tachyon LS 2.1 this about two weeks ago. Really old disc. The thing was so flimsy I could roll it up and put it in my back pocket.

At what point do you feel you have tried enough to get the disc back to the owner.

So far I'm on 2 calls and 1 text...

At what point do you feel you have tried enough to get the disc back to the owner.

One phone call, one voicemail. That's it. If they don't call back within a week or two, I assume they don't want it back.

if i call more then 3 times and nothing, im sorry, but im keeping it if i dont hear from you. same goes for if i get called. even if i talk to you, say 'okay great thanks' and forget to call you back or whatever, i assume that disc is yours now.

Monday morning I was playing at a local course (Silver Lake Excalibur) ~ no one on the course but me ~ I throw a champion coyote on hole #5 and not 10 feet from where my throw landed is another champion Coyote and it has my name and phone number on it ~ I had lost that disc more than a year ago ~ Welcome home old friend.

Blue Star Leopard 7/10 (ink crossed out very well)

Found @ Kenwood in Lakeville, MN on one of the inside holes. My disc landed next to the chains and this one was peaking out next to mine just barely from under some leaves and other debris.

Agreed. Found a dx roc with no name this morning at truckee river. I just left it on top of the next basket I came to.

Threw my beloved beat in ESP Comet into a pond last weekend. Went fishing for it and found old circle stamped Stingray, circle stamp Cobra, a bar stamp Eagle, another tourney-stamped DX Eagle from the same era, a nicely seasoned big bird Roc, a black 12x KC Pro Roc, champ Viking, beat in 11x Firebird, pro Valkyrie, glow Buzzz, glow Demon, old Illusion, an elite X X2, and a pair of Sabres. Lots of old plastic that has been sinking in the muck over the years. People don't really go in there much.

No Comet though :(

I lost my discraft crush in some leaves last october. I put a Homer Simpson on all my discs with a caption reading "Dont Steal Me Bro". After playing with some new guys, one of them noticed my disc had a homer simpson on it, he mentioned he had found a disc with a Homer on it

Turns out the original founder sharpie'd my name and number off and lost the disc and this dude found it on another course.

Disc. Returned.

I found myself a mini at the local 9-holer. No name/number. Someone probably marked their lie and then forgot it.

Posted up on another local form hoping it gets back to the owner.

Monday morning I was playing at a local course (Silver Lake Excalibur) ~ no one on the course but me ~ I throw a champion coyote on hole #5 and not 10 feet from where my throw landed is another champion Coyote and it has my name and phone number on it ~ I had lost that disc more than a year ago ~ Welcome home old friend.

This is crazy. So awesome.

Yesterday the following were found in water (none have names or numbers) :

1. Innova Champion Firebird 10/10
2. Innova Champion Groove 8/10
3. Innova Champion Eagle custom dye longhorn with rose 7/10
4. Discraft Challenger 10/10

I used to call a few times and hold for a month or two. I have since relaxed that. Now I generally send one text/call, unless it is a special disc (CE, first run, OOP, etc...) then I will give more effort. I don't even call for beat up DX "water" discs.

I retrieve a lot of discs from the lakes at our course. It takes a lot of my time to retrieve the discs, clean them up, and make all of the calls/texts. Generally many of the people I call or text don't respond. Several just say keep it, some try to meet up to get it but end up as no shows, and no more than a third actually come to get it. In short, I spend a lot of time in this process, and if the owner doesn't take the effort to return my call/text and meet me at the agreed upon time to pick it up, then that is on them, not me. I have done my part.

Yesterday the following were found in water (none have names or numbers) :
1. Innova Champion Firebird 10/10
2. Innova Champion Groove 8/10
3. Innova Champion Eagle custom dye longhorn with rose 7/10
4. Discraft Challenger 10/10

We used to throw the Grooves back, but we found that it angered the water spirits too much. :p :D