• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

Visited the Gateway factory store today... I was like a kid in the candy store.

Soft Wizard x5
RFF Wizard x3
Chief
Warrior
Scout

The RFF Wizard folds like a taco. I have never thrown the Chief, Warrior, or Scout, but I was needing some mid-ranges/driving putters to practice with, and they feel amazing in the hand.

I will definitely be going back. Ended up paying a little over $6 per disc, and a few of those are for friends anyways.

Newest plastic that I currently have is a Star Destroyer 170g in white. I bought it so I could try my hand at disc dyeing. Not a fancy design but the color pops.

I just ordered a Lat64 Trident and XXX, both in Gold Line. Wanted to see how I like them for headwind throws and sidearms, might end up getting one in Opto, not sure yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20141220_081107.jpg
    IMG_20141220_081107.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 74
Outlaw, Bandit, Teebird, Crave, Alias, Theory. The next three were given to me by AFTC. Volt, Inertia, Tensor. Envy is new to the bag. I was chosen to receive a proto fossil Scale. Won a taffy plastic 4x JK pro Valkyrie for $12. Gonna try a champion archon. My buddy was cleaning out a garage and found two unmarked champion destroyers. They are now mine. An Icon mini. Yeah, spring needs to get here. By then, I hope to have an Atom, Wrath, Insanity, Virus, Clash, and Inspire. Probably a Mongoose, Patriot, and Ghost. Looking at tryin an all Axiom/MVP/Legacy/maybe a couple innova bag. Loving legacy and gyro right now.

Waiting under the tree are:
- Champ thunderbird
- Blizz champ pigs
- brinster teebird. Bonus on this one...I ordered pink and it is almost ice clear with a VERY slight pink tint - now to decide what to dye on it.

Soft neutron envy
Gold line halo
Q quasar
Esp nuke
Esp surge
Buzzz os
Stole wife's blizz teedevil gave her new star valk which she loves
And I'm not sure if there is more plastic I'm forgetting about...

I went a little nuts. Sold off my old backups to try out some new stuff. Picked up these in the last few days, most are still on the way:

Proto Fossil Scale
Medium VP
C-Line PD
S-Line PD
Biofuzion Trespass
Fusion Trespass
Moonshine Enforcer
GStar Krait
another Star Destroyer, trying a little lighter weight (169)

So far I've only tried out the Biofuzion trespass. It's okay, a little too squirrely for me. It's hard to tell whether it's going to hold or turn over. I'm thinking if I beat it up a little, it will be a nice turnover disc. Hopefully the regular Fuzion version is a little more stable. Otherwise I'll probably stick with Destroyers in the max distance slot.

Just picked up my first Avery star destroyer. 167 grams of light blue swirly goodness headed my way. I just can't pass up light blue transitional star plastic.

Just picked up a gstar destroyer last week. Been looking for something more stable than a wraith but not quite as stable as the star destroyers but still has tons of glide for max d flex shots into a headwind. It is perfect! Over the next few months will see how well it holds up. Next I plan on trying out an outlaw. I've heard good things.

Snagged another 175g jl gazelle, it is lime green with two old school silver DX eagle stamps that form an X via the wings of the eagles, this is my new night disc most likely. Also acquired a 175g champion teerex, marked "tr" meaning it is not an x-mold, blaze orange with silver stamp, this thing is going to go toe-to-toe with my beloved z force for the coveted overstable driver slot.

Not my purchases, but... Christmas 2014!

Got more gift cards than discs this year... so I'll probably be buying more. But here's what I got from Santa this morning (wife and daughter actually).

picture.php

175g Champ Sidewinder is a backup. And it's actually BRIGHT PINK. I love the color!

180g Star Stingray is a backup. Virtually no flashing, super smooth, feels great in the hand! :thmbup:

180g Star Aero. I'm looking for a long lasting, super straight, approach and drive disc. Hoping that this fills the slot.

I got the two discs in white as I'm ready to try my hand at some simple dyeing and wanted to start with a "blank slate."

Bought these for myself from DD on black friday. I was looking for light ones and no where had anything lighter than 167-9. These are both stamped 169 and are very tacky. I am stoked to throw them.
My wife intercepted the package and made me wait for christmas.

20141225_145321_zps066ec9b1.jpg

I have also picked up a handful of new giants, worlds and PDs lately.

At the local Play It Again Sports, I picked up a nicely used red-orange Elite Z XL, a barely used grey custom-dyed Warship, and a silver Judge that looks from an ugly stains like it spent some time half-buried in a bog. One of my Xmas gifts was a pretty little champion Leopard. I hope tomorrow is nice enough for some field-work.

I just traded for yet another Valkyrie. This one is a 4x JK Pro. Its a thrower for sure. Will go nicely with my other two. That makes three jk pro, three jk champ, a pfn sandstrom star, and a pfn champ. I have everything from Viking stable to roadrunner under stable covered with my valks. Hell, I even have a pfn dx I can throw in as a pure roller. Lol.

Got an olive Nutsac and a cool peach colored big z buzzz for Xmas. Would have never thought to order such a color so I'm happy it was picked for me.

Got more gift cards than discs this year... so I'll probably be buying more. But here's what I got from Santa this morning (wife and daughter actually).

picture.php

175g Champ Sidewinder is a backup. And it's actually BRIGHT PINK. I love the color!

180g Star Stingray is a backup. Virtually no flashing, super smooth, feels great in the hand! :thmbup:

180g Star Aero. I'm looking for a long lasting, super straight, approach and drive disc. Hoping that this fills the slot.

I got the two discs in white as I'm ready to try my hand at some simple dyeing and wanted to start with a "blank slate."

You will love the aero. It fits your description perfectly and I'll add that it will fly like that at virtually any power lever. It's the disc that's been in my bag the longest.

gold line XXX, Trident, and GStar Archon

Attachments

• Lat64 XXX.jpg
    Lat64 XXX.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Lat64 Trident.jpg
    Lat64 Trident.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 23
  • archon.jpg
    archon.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts