• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post your most recent plastic purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost my Vector yesterday, so I picked up a replacement and more today.

FLX ESP Drone (9.5/10) for $9
DX Glo Valkyrie (7/10) for $4

Just bought 6 new disc's:
Two new Innova Pro TL's (Innova's Pro Shop)
Elite-Z Avenger-SS
Elite-Z Avenger
Elite-Z Buzzz
Elite-Z Buzzz-SS

Got a brand new ESP Banger GT from my tourney payout this weekend...and some other great discs, but that's the one I'm most excited about. If you've got any in the 170's, I'll take 'em!

119604_g.jpg

Picked up a nice Destroyer at Mt. Airy yesterday. Happy birthday to me :)

not much other then my usual suspects this week...

5 x San Marino 12x KC Pro Aviars :thmbup: ... starting to think im getting a lil carried away but...nah

A green clear plastic Discraft-Nuke, weight170-172, stability 1.6. I was kind of hoping someone could tell me about what I got here, I think its a great disc but I am not sure where it stands compared to others as I am fairly new.

A green clear plastic Discraft-Nuke, weight170-172, stability 1.6. I was kind of hoping someone could tell me about what I got here, I think its a great disc but I am not sure where it stands compared to others as I am fairly new.

Welcome to DGCR! Unless you've got superman's arm or are a Disc Golf prodigy, the nuke is way too much disc for a new player. I typically don't throw much discraft but the Nuke is one of their fastest drivers. If you've gotten a chance to throw it, you'll probably have noticed that it spikes off to the side soon after you throw? That means you aren't throwing it with enough arm speed to get it to it's potential. Start off with slower discs. There are numerous threads available for details on what discs you would be best off with, no matter what brand you prefer. Have fun!

Welcome to DGCR! Unless you've got superman's arm or are a Disc Golf prodigy, the nuke is way too much disc for a new player. I typically don't throw much discraft but the Nuke is one of their fastest drivers. If you've gotten a chance to throw it, you'll probably have noticed that it spikes off to the side soon after you throw? That means you aren't throwing it with enough arm speed to get it to it's potential. Start off with slower discs. There are numerous threads available for details on what discs you would be best off with, no matter what brand you prefer. Have fun!

Thanks for the response man, I started playing about a month ago with a set of 3 innovas, leopard, shark, and putter. Played 4 rounds and did ok, then decided to invest in a better driver. I got the Nuke, played with it in the yard first 3 throws took off to the right and weren't very far. But the next 2 throws I let go and man did it fly. Decided to go to the local course and used the Nuke. I let it go and it go man does it fly, had my best rounds yet at -4 and -3 on a 10 hole course.

I see what u mean when u said u gotta be strong, cuz I usually don't throw it as hard as I can but u almost have to with the Nuke for it to do well. I don't think I will ever use my leopard again.

Traded some plastic at league tonight.

First Run Champ Boss
119750_g.jpg

08 Worlds Super Roc
119749_g.jpg

aaaaand I got myself a late birthday gift :D
119751_g.jpg

119752_g.jpg

I see what u mean when u said u gotta be strong, cuz I usually don't throw it as hard as I can but u almost have to with the Nuke for it to do well. I don't think I will ever use my leopard again.

First of all, welcome to the addiction! :p

This isn't the ideal place for this discussion, but I just wanted to chime in real quick and say that your last sentence will likely end up being false if you continue to play for any length of time. I said the same thing when I first started and now I throw my Leopard (or River) a majority of the time.

It's possible throwing the Nuke at this stage may teach you bad technique. Maybe not. Each person is different, but there are definitely tried and true methods to establishing good form with consistent results. The people here are extraordinarily helpful and have made significant improvements to my game. Stick around, and read, read, read. :thmbup:

6102341406_793bac6a42_z.jpg

Took these out for a limited test and a few holes. Gotta say I love the Sword and the Bolt big time. River is a keeper, but need more practice with it and I'm still on the fence with the Fuse and Diamond.

I just bought a Discatcher Sport in perfect shape with added row of chains, a gateway bag (modified with PVC frame, 2 Rubber Putters, and 5 Darts all for $100.

SCORE!

I just payed for a first run rampage and also purchased a tourney stamped GL River( it's red color shift "Lava") its a beauty! Best looking disc I have seen by far!

I just payed for a first run rampage and also purchased a tourney stamped GL River( it's red color shift "Lava") its a beauty! Best looking disc I have seen by far!
177g GL River Red Color Shift!

I love it! I am tempted to wipe the stamp and do a tiny dye job so I can see more of the beautiful colors!
IMG_2310.jpg

Flashed to see the color shift:
IMG_2309.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts