• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

discspeed

* Ace Member *
It seems that the limits of DGCR's search function make it impossible to search for PD threads, so I'm officially starting a searchable thread to start an accumulation of knowledge of the wonderful disc known as the PD or Freak.

If you are really interested and have some free time, study this https://www.dgcoursereview.com/dgr/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12278.

Here's a quick rundown in bullet form:
-Made by Innova for Discmania
-Dismania "anhyzer top" combined with Firebird bottom wing
-Available in P(pro), S(star), and C(champion) line plastics
-P is neutral/slightly understable, S has slight high speed turn and strong fade, C is most overstable, though these are generalizations with exceptions
-Speed and range put it in between fairway and distance drivers
-Can fly great distance lines for power throwers, yet powers down (especially when seasoned) incredibly well

Others will add anything I didn't cover, but that's a good start.

Most of the first production stamped CPDs we accidentally run with the PLUS core and have more slanted rims. The latest run CPDs have this corrected and have standard cores.

We finally got some new run non-plus CPDs in at CDGS. We didn't get many in our order, but a few finally trickled in. The plastic feels like a hybrid between the plastic of the CFR CPDs and the CPD+ in both grip and stiffness. The domes are modest, but definitely much more present than on the CFRs.

I grabbed an orange 174 to test out. It was very impressive, pretty much exactly what I was hoping it would be. It was pretty much a hybrid of the CFR and PLUS runs in flight as well. The HSS was damn near zero, only showing a slightly delayed fade into a strong headwind. The glide was less than the PLUS and more than the CFRs, with the fade being more forward like the PLUS. It doesn't go quite as far as an average SPD, but it flew more rock solid in the wind. It is very much like a slightly faster, slightly stronger fading 11x Champ TB...A significant addition to the PD arsenal. It's already in the bag in place of my beat CFR.

Hey discspeed, are there any distinguishing factors with this current run of C-Lines? Are they patent tooled? They sound right up my alley, but the mold hasn't caught on very much around here. I found a CFR (and a stack of 1st runs) leftover on the shelf.

Last edited:
My ppds fly very seasoned eagle like with alot of turn right outta the box. If I put them on a good hyzer they will flip up, lock on a line and go. My spd flies like a seasoned dx teebird. My stock stamp cpd has minimal turn...like maybe 5 feet thrown flat. My dgr stamped cpd has no turn and flies like a champ teebird with a bit more fade just like discspeed said. One thing to note. The "turn" on these things is very angular like. Not smooth like a tl or Leo.

I posted on dgr. Is there a way you could grab a non + for me? What weights did you get in?

i'm still adjusting to my S-PD, but my P-PD is effortless distance. You can hyzerflip the crap out of it, throw long annys, or just do little one step tosses that go 350'. fun disc to throw.

I was going to get a pd but after getting a DX teebird and being unsatisfied i am doing tons of research. i get a TL plus out like 300 and I can flip a ESP Stalker flat. What plastic choice/run is the best?

Love this thread

I am super interested in PDs and was literally just thinking two days ago that I wished there was a more comprehensive thread on DGCR for them....Discspeed, you might consider throwing up some videos of the different plastics being thrown for comparison. The stuff on youtube for this disc is so-so, it'd be great to see the same person throwing all three so the release is consistent. ...just an idea for this thread!

I am super interested in PDs and was literally just thinking two days ago that I wished there was a more comprehensive thread on DGCR for them....Discspeed, you might consider throwing up some videos of the different plastics being thrown for comparison. The stuff on youtube for this disc is so-so, it'd be great to see the same person throwing all three so the release is consistent. ...just an idea for this thread!

In this video of Nikko Locastro's he throws a brand new S-PD. He says in the video that he is going to release it flat. The video shows what I consider typical S-PD flight characteristics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXwEdnh7EBw

From what I heard when the PD first came out was that it was Valkyrie/Firebird mix. I got my friend one of the C-PD from Disc Golf Values for Christmas with the dragons stamp about two years ago or so. He throws almost all forehand and it flies well for him. I am contemplating in getting a used S-PD in the used bin at the local Play It Again.

From what I heard when the PD first came out was that it was Valkyrie/Firebird mix. I got my friend one of the C-PD from Disc Golf Values for Christmas with the dragons stamp about two years ago or so. He throws almost all forehand and it flies well for him. I am contemplating in getting a used S-PD in the used bin at the local Play It Again.

DO IT!

Latest posts