• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pre-order your personalized DGCR Bag Tag V!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timg,

Are you planning to release Travel Tag 2010 before January 1st?

Because I'm still hoping to swap 2009 Tag some more...

It will be confusing if I ended up swapping my 2009 tag for 2010 tag in the year 2009. :confused:

Timg,

Are you planning to release Travel Tag 2010 before January 1st?

Because I'm still hoping to swap 2009 Tag some more...

It will be confusing if I ended up swapping my 2009 tag for 2010 tag in the year 2009. :confused:
Well you would only swap the 2010s with other 2010s otherwise the numbers would get confusing. I'm not sure when they're going out. I was planning on releasing them in October.. kind of how new cars come out a few months early.

I've already ordered my personalized tag.:D
Hey Timg, any update on how close we are to having enough orders to place an order?
Thanks.

Well you would only swap the 2010s with other 2010s otherwise the numbers would get confusing. I'm not sure when they're going out. I was planning on releasing them in October.. kind of how new cars come out a few months early.
Why couldn't you swap a 2009 tag for a 2010 tag? As for the numbers you just need to preface them with the year in whatever tracking mechanism you're using, e.g. I swap my "2009.06" tag for your "2010.41" tag. If you changed up the design or at least the colors every year I think that'd be kinda cool to be swapping tags from previous years.

But if this is a revenue thing for DGCR then it kinda makes sense to get everyone to buy new tags every year. It'll turn into everyone buying two Travel tags, one to keep for their wall/collection and one to actually swap. I can already envision the listing on ebay a couple years from now for a "Mint condition, uncirculated, 2010 DGCR Travel Tag #12". ;)

Why couldn't you swap a 2009 tag for a 2010 tag? As for the numbers you just need to preface them with the year in whatever tracking mechanism you're using, e.g. I swap my "2009.06" tag for your "2010.41" tag. If you changed up the design or at least the colors every year I think that'd be kinda cool to be swapping tags from previous years.

But if this is a revenue thing for DGCR then it kinda makes sense to get everyone to buy new tags every year. It'll turn into everyone buying two Travel tags, one to keep for their wall/collection and one to actually swap. I can already envision the listing on ebay a couple years from now for a "Mint condition, uncirculated, 2010 DGCR Travel Tag #12". ;)
Haha.. I'm sure that tag would sell well on ebay. It's actually from a logistics standpoint as far as trades go. I am planning on formalizing the whole thing with some built-in site features and it would be a lot easier for me (and you guys) to just deal with the tag numbers and not worry about the year. I haven't given enough thought to the logic behind doing it yet but I think keeping the trades confined to the same year of tag will make tag tracking features much smoother and easier to follow.

Seems kinda silly to me that if you happen across another DGCR member in your travels and you have a 2010 tag, but they have a 2009 tag you can't swap... besides I'm sure you'll just include a pulldown menu with the tag year selection in whatever interface you implement. :)

There would be a year pull-down. Tracking swaps the current way via the forum thread would be kind of a pain with multi-year tags. I'll have to make a poll later to see what people think. The 2010 tags will look the same as the 2009 except for the year. I like the idea of changing up the colors though. I'll have to do that for next year. Too late for the 2010s since I already placed the order.

Tim, please give a couple days warning before you place the order for the personalized tags.

I want one but don't want to place the order just yet.

I am off to order the travel tag now. It would be excellent if you sent them out a little early. I am leaving on a road trip on December 30 and would love to have the tag for the trip.

Ack!!! Me wants mucho!!

Unfortunately, having 2 big 4WD vehicles needing new transmissions means money is TIGHT right now. Boo! :mad:

BLEEP BLEEPING BEEPITY Paypal!!!!
They won't accept my credit cards, because of my business account with them is froze. Reason is I run a Non-profit, that under current fedral tax laws, does not require me to file for tax exempt status, cause it's a church, and automaticly exempt. But that's not good enough for them, so they won't release my account.
No wonder other churches I know of quit using them and went to Google.

Any other way I can pay for one Tim?

Status
Not open for further replies.