• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pred Vs. Firebird

Spinach D said:
I carry 1 champ FB and 2 dx FB. I use beat FBs instead of TBs for straight and fade shots. I do carry one very beat TB for turnovers.

When I have gone to preds I tend to misplay the wind compared FBs.

So the Predator was less stable with more glide??

Many of the dx FBs I favor are less stable than a Pred. The problem I've encountered is the Pred being more sensitive to nose angle mistakes.

Also, if you get the fight plate exposed to a head wind with a side compoment it will go way further off course than a FB.

I went to my local shop and sifted through a dozen or so firebirds looking for an old flat one with a 12x stamp. Alas, all were domey as hell :(

TheTyrant said:
I went to my local shop and sifted through a dozen or so firebirds looking for an old flat one with a 12x stamp. Alas, all were domey as hell :(

And now I lost my only 11x at Brandywine :( Being 200 miles away I don't anticipate on getting this back. Congrats Predator. You're off the bench and in the game.

Dynamic Discs has tons of flat Firebirds. Contact Jeremy using Dynamicdiscs.com or his ebay store.

Most of the Glow CFR's are as flat as pancakes.

Tell him Smitty sent you and get a free sticker.

I have a few of the champ glows firebirds and they are as flat as pancakes like you say. These are very predictable and bomb for tommies/thumbers. I would recommend these to anyone. They are just like my 11x but a little grippier.

I threw predators for years, but I switched to firebirds last year. In my experience they are both similar in high speeds stabiliy and the biggest difference between them is later in flight. Predators are gliding faders while firebirds hyzer without much glide. I think this make firebirds more predictable wind discs, but predators are more useful for shots requiring hyzer fade. With a firebird you will need a slightly overstable disc that glides to compliment it like a teebird/eagle-x for hyzers, but I always needed a utility disc with predators for overhands and flick rollers. I love throwing teebirds so the firebird just worked out a little better.

I have not yet thrown any predators..but I must say a beaten dx Firebird is the shizit....The firebird hardly ever left my bag until multiple people on here started to sing it's praises...Now it gets a fair bit of use. I almost feel like it's cheating. No matter how hard I shank it I still know that it's going to come back. That and I finally leaned how to throw it so I actually get some distance out of it (ie..whaling the shit out of it)All that being said I'll look for a used Pred tomorrow.

Latest posts