• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Predictable understable driver?

fusan

Par Member
My longest driver atm is a soft, grippy P-PD that I can throw 370-380 FT on a good rip. I love PD's and got that P-PD to beat in to complement my S-PD for the understable role.
I have thrown this P-PD for a little over a year now and it just isnt much for beating in. If I throw it with a little hyzer, it'll flip up a little, ride and fade out.
Today I tried to throw it anhyzer over a tree and expected it to hold the line but it fought out the anny every time and landed straight instead of to the right.

I have tried some understable drivers but found them all to be quiet touchy and noseangle sensitive. So the question is there a predictable, reliable non-nose-sensitive understable driver that can compliment my S-PD?

could also just try a slower disc. Anything slower than a PD (longer mids especially) will be much more forgiving on this line. US max D drivers are touchy by design really.

I use a seasoned leopard for this shot. I have heard that a River, Sidewinder, Roadrunner, and Fury are all good options also.

could also just try a slower disc. Anything slower than a PD (longer mids especially) will be much more forgiving on this line. US max D drivers are touchy by design really.

^^ Uhh thats really the statement I feared.

If I can get away with it I use my most understable Truth for these line. It hold its anhyzer line all the way to the ground. Problem is that I can reach the pin with it. I need something longer that this Truth.

I recommend a Roadrunner for this spot. I'm sure there are a lot of other drivers that fit the bill, I just haven't thrown them.

I use either a beat TL or a Wildcat, depending on the height of the throw. To me the Wildcat is amazing. It will flip over and glide to the right (rhbh) even when thrown high on a hyzer. You should give that one a try, it's a very underrated disc.

A champ sidewinder will fade out as well. Too os.

Use a roadrunner if you want it to hold the turn. The higher speed you go the more touchy it will be. No reason to use a speed 12 or 13 really. You can get near max d with a roadrunner.

I have kept a Dynamic Discs Thief (the new Trilogy Challenge driver) in my bag for this slot. It's just about the right armspeed to match with a PD. Thrown flat it will have a big turn and then tiny fade. Tiny amount of anhyzer and it will just hold that turn. I've been hyzerfliping it to hold dead straight and then start to turn later.

+1 for the roadrunner, as its a bit more predictable than other understable fairway drivers ive tried so far

My vote is staying with Discmania and using an S-TD or C-TD.
I'm loving those to compliment my C-PD

The C-TD will flip to flat from a slight/normal hyzer release and fade a tiny bit at the end.
Flat release w a slight touch of OAT and it will ride a long beautiful anny.

My S-TD is beat and it is a great US disc. I can still get it to fly a laser line w enough hyzer release and can easily control the amount of turn w the release angle. By far the most consistent US disc I've used.

The rim is also not too wide for the speed the TD has. Its a very similar disc to an older PFN sidewinder, but a bit more consistent.

For FWs I still love the Leopard and Eagle-L

I just purchased a lat 64 Vision to hopefully fill this roll, so I'll let you know

The roadrunner is a good option. I don't have that much distance in my drives, but I get enough snap that I use an Escape for a 300' negative bend the whole way. I like it because it usually fights out of the turn right at the end so it never turns into a roll for me.

Latest posts