• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Predictable understable driver?

Have you ever tried a TD? My s-line compliments my PPD well.

^^ Uhh thats really the statement I feared.

If I can get away with it I use my most understable Truth for these line. It hold its anhyzer line all the way to the ground. Problem is that I can reach the pin with it. I need something longer that this Truth.

beat up stable discs are best then. really beat and fugly but fly great'

Teebird like molds with no more stamp and lots of dings. In your case a uber beat S line PD or something?

My vote is staying with Discmania and using an S-TD or C-TD.
I'm loving those to compliment my C-PD

The C-TD will flip to flat from a slight/normal hyzer release and fade a tiny bit at the end.
Flat release w a slight touch of OAT and it will ride a long beautiful anny.

My S-TD is beat and it is a great US disc. I can still get it to fly a laser line w enough hyzer release and can easily control the amount of turn w the release angle. By far the most consistent US disc I've used.

The rim is also not too wide for the speed the TD has. Its a very similar disc to an older PFN sidewinder, but a bit more consistent.

For FWs I still love the Leopard and Eagle-L

Have you ever tried a TD? My s-line compliments my PPD well.

I agree! Love the S-TD! Its the most versital US disc I have, it can cover a ton of shots

Instead of trying to find or to beat up a disc perfectly.......just get a Roadrunner....I have a beat Starfire that holds a great anny then fades slightly....I agree, really beat semi stable discs fly awesome....but it's hard to find that money spot with a disc....when you can buy a new RR......I also like the Beast....and a beat up one is awesome.

Are the current production Roadrunners more stable than the PFN/Patent # ones?

I've only tried the older ones, and they were really only useful as rollers to me. I literally couldnt keep it in the air, it would just turn and burn.

I throw 175g Glow Champ and 175g Star....both NOT turn n burns....I mostly release them with a hyzer flip power shot.....I get an amazing flight out of them.....probably my most thrown Fairway-Distance Driver.

I actually have a S-FD somewere in the closet. Ill pull it out and test it!
Many has suggested the Roadrunner. I dont have that one but I know a lot that use this disc so Ill have to try that one out as well.

In the speed 9 category it's tough to beat a Hatchet. This is the most easy to control understable disc I've thrown.

A speed 10 Beast is pretty predictable as well.

It sounds like you're looking for an S-line TD, but I don't have personal experience with them.

Legacy Bandits are money for that line. It's definitely my go to understable driver.

I started throwing a 163 star Mamba when they first came out in star plastic and it's my go to driver for what you describe. Very predictable imo.

If 163 is too light I have seen younger, stronger throwers use the heavier star with the same results.

I would definitely recommend a Prodigy D5 or a Legacy Cannon (not as understable but very reliable). Both have proven very predictable for me. Innova Star Tern might also be a good disc for a very understable driver/roller.

You may have to experiment with more than one disc of the same mold as I've found that, unless they are from the same run, they can have subtle enough differences as to fill or not fill that exact spot when new. You either get lucky or end up with something more stable then beat it to that point.

The only exception I've found is vintage DX (04-05 and back). In that case, the Archangel has been filling that spot for me nicely. I'm on my second new one after 6 months with the first.

I ve had success with the Roadrunner, Vision, pro Katana, and pro wraith in the under stable slot. My roadrunner is definitely the pmost flippy but is also my personal favorite.

Legacy Mongoose is very under stable out of the box. Probably won't stay there long. Their new Icon seems soft.

Latest posts