• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prettiest Course

Another course that is really pretty is Fountain Hills Park in Arizona. The giant fountain, while man-made, is still pretty cool, and a unique feature among DG courses as far as I know. It's so scenic, you have to dodge picnickers and sunbathers on several holes.

Nockamixon near Allentown, PA. Simply breathtaking, and one of the most challenging courses you will ever see.

I'd have to agree with this, based on the courses Ive played. This is such a picturesque course, very pretty in all seasons

I've only played local courses so far, but Joseph Davis Park is my pick for the area. Although it's a fairly easy course, there are 27 holes in a ball-golf-like setting, and it's usually so quiet and deserted that it almost seems surreal; the course photos don't really capture the tranquility.

Factor in the park's fishing dock on the lower Niagara river, and it's an excellent place to spend a lazy summer day.

Last edited:
Having played most of the courses in BC, that's Canada people, Pender Island is super sweet. Although with the right people at the right time of day Jericho Hill in Vancouver BC. is fantastic.

Oh yeah...Whistler's Bend....Looking forward to playing there in early April while my wife and I are in Roseburg for our anniversary.

i think having whistlers is pretty sweet to have as a home course. :D i guess my buds and i are pretty spoiled. im just a country boy so the raw beauty of oregon is pretty sweet.

# 1---Mackensie State Park in Pahoa, Hawaii is by far the prettiest. As I sat under the palms of hole # 5 recently waiting patiently for my turn to tee off, I looked all around me and saw nothing but sheer beauty. The Pacific Ocean to your east and Palms all surrounding you and your teeing up a gentle rolling hill hill of lava rock. The whole park reeks of eligance and beauty and the Hawaiian Disc Golfers are very nice and helpfull to have your stay on their island to be a memorable one.

# 2---- Humboldt State University. This course is nestled in a REDWOOD Forrest. You even have the opportunity to throw a drive off a old redwood tree stump. It doesn't get much better than this folks. Throwing a disc through REDWOOD trees and other ferns and climbing the hills with each shot is onew of the best feelings your ever going to witness. GOd sure is GREAT and I see why they (the local DG scene) wants to keep this place a secret as you know some DG is going to come here and get stupid. PleaSE PDGA, try to keep this course at all costs. The way it is or better yet. Purchase baskets for the remaing holes that have the poles on em.

# 3--- Whitcombe Farm in Beamister, England. The Green Family has extended their all organic farm in Western England where the hills are so steep that cows have a hard time grazing on the land to allow the DG world an opportunity to graze this fantastic property to both walk and play. and to top all that, The Green family even built a house to house DGer's when they stay on the farm for a small fee compared to anything remotely close to the farm.

#4--- Stafford Lake County Park in Navato, California. People you have to go here and play a round. You'll feel so blessed. If LA or SF was a few feet closer this land would be dotted with million dollar homes, but it's just far enough out of reach of these cities to give you a taste of of what the kind of land you would tend to be walking on had there been a city in these hills. Throwing from the top of the hill downwards on hole # 6 is spectacular and is a really good feeling.

# 5---- Centennial Park in (Etobicoke) Toronto, Canada. This well groomed park was like playing when I played it in the the early 90's like playing in a garden. The Canadian parks seem to be very clean unlike the American parks. you'll find no trash at Centennial only flower beds and winding creek meandering through the park and a few hills, even one used as a former ski hill.

What's the prettiest course you have ever played?
I've heard beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I'm an unabashed fan of woods courses.
So, after playing 33 courses (all east of the MS), 3 NC woods courses are at the top of the heap beauty-wise;
Richmond Hill
Buckhorn
Sugaree
With that being said, the pics of Whistlers Bend are on a whole different level.
It looks like Nirvana.

But I also have a special affection for rolling grass and tall trees, so Blue Ribbon Pines (Minn.), Borderland State Park (Mass.), and Ewing Park (Iowa) come to mind. I just love a well-groomed, classy course with a healthy dose of trees.
Ewing in the fall is the first one I thought of. Going from playing under the canopy of colors to the more open back 9 with the nice views from the tops of the hills is really beautiful.

I will agree that it's going to be hard to match the views you get from those mountain courses, though.

i've only played around 20 courses, and so far, idlewild is the most visually appealing course that i have played. freeman lake and kerieakes are nice also.

yea of the courses I've played, Kerieakes, Lovers Lane, and Lake Lowndes State Park would have to be the most visually appealing, but doubtful if they would compare to some of the amazing courses I've seen in pictures

Latest posts