• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Private Course Sanctioned League Question

FTFY.

It ain't about liking or not liking. You can hate their guts and hope they burn in Hell, but as TD, you're still required to act professionally toward them.

Or not TD any more events in the future which, sadly, is sometimes the option chosen.

I've done well to stay out of this conversation for a week but as I was mowing the several acres of fairways and fields today for the sole purpose of making it nicer for the disc golfers who will play here this evening, the whole event just got the best of me. I would like to lend some context and clarity to the private course question. I am the rotten SOB who built the course with my own money and my own sweat on my own property before I had ever played a round of disc golf. I am also the rotten SOB that invited Koolaide (when we were total strangers to each other) to play at my homestead. I also, at the time unknowingly, am the rotten SOB who committed all of those heinous crimes cited by Koolaide. As for the dog, he lives here, sometimes has friends over. He has rights here, disc players are here by favor. I would not intentionally do anything to jeopardize the integrity of the game or competitors. I thought I was being courteous when I picked up Koolaide's disc from under the basket and I was unaware of my foot fault infraction. I don't presume to know or dictate rules of the game when played on my property or anywhere else. I do make the rules on my property as they relate to conduct. Koolaide could easily have pointed out my mistakes and improved my play for the good of the game. Instead he chose to anonymously and in my view cowardly announce to the public what he perceived to be some kind of scandal involving sanctioning. He couldn't have been further from the truth and that is why I chose to withdraw his welcome at my property. I am an old fart. Probably forty years older than Koolaide. Here are a few things I've noticed.......it probably didn't sit well with Koolaide that I bested him by one stroke that evening. Although Koolaide had plenty of time to chastise me, my grand dog, my family and my friends, he has yet to start a blog about my generosity, hard work, financial outlay and welcoming attitude toward the disc golf community. I withdrew my welcome to Koolaide because he lacks character, judgement and courage. My guess is a good measure of maturity would improve his other short comings.

I apologize and withdraw my comment about reporting this dude.

He seems like a righteous person.

Although Koolaide had plenty of time to chastise me, my grand dog, my family and my friends, he has yet to start a blog about my generosity, hard work, financial outlay and welcoming attitude toward the disc golf community. I withdrew my welcome to Koolaide because he lacks character, judgement and courage. My guess is a good measure of maturity would improve his other short comings.

I never once chastised you, your dog, your family, or your friends. I simply asked a question about following PDGA rules. How you've managed to believe I've made some sort of slight to you and your family is beyond me.

I am both impressed and appreciative of your dedication to the sport and all the work it took for you to build a course on your property. If that fact wasn't evident in my demeanor in the past, I apologize.

Koolaide could easily have pointed out my mistakes and improved my play for the good of the game.

Please step into my shoes and then decide how "easily" I could have pointed out your mistakes. It's not that easy to tell the property owner they're committing rules infractions, for fear of causing a scene and/or getting kicked off the property on the spot.

Maybe you're right, and I'm just a coward for not saying something in the moment.

The home field advantage is pretty tough to beat, in a competition like this.

So, what did we learn today kids?

2abd89affafb5ed2d9d91a3f94820038.jpg

Sounds like an apology was made and a couple of beers and throwing a round together would get them back on square one. What say C2urio? Seems like everybody understands the situation now?

I would love to play this course sometime. Heard some good things about it. Im pretty sure I played with the owner one day at Moraine

Latest posts