• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] pro beast anyone?

gianetics

Birdie Member
i searched and couldnt find a thread about the pro beast. i rarely get to play anymore i get a round in every week to two weeks. my fh was pretty strong and accurate but now im plagued with weight shift and nose up issues. my bh is much more accurate but not as far. im throwing a pro wraith for distance but its a little too much disc for my bh 350 max with an average of about 330 (real measured distance not dgcr distance). would a pro beast be a better choice? i cant throw a valk to save my life for some reason. i used to throw a champ beast as my main bh disc but its been awhile. any pro beast throwers out there?

I really like a beat champ beast. With that being said, I throw backhand around the same distance as you throw and can throw a teebird almost as far. Have you ever tried a Teebird plus? People on here hate them, but they are some of the most stable to over stable teebirds made. They are really nice to throw when you are rusty. A pro beast seems like it would become really flippy quick. Just my .02

I tried a pro Beast, and the plastic seemed... not as good as pro Wraith/Destroyers. Very grippy, I couldn't get a good release with it.

I would think a Star Beast (domey not flat) would be a lot less stable vs. your Wraith, and durable to boot.

Pro Beast can be a different animal than the others, because it was still produced with the X wing after the Orc came out.
Mine is still overstable when compared to a Beast in any other plastic, so its not the glidier, more amateur friendly Pro disc that you would find in other models, like Destroyers, or Wraiths.
If I had a Beast in the bag right now though, it would be a DX, which is the primo glide monster version.

I've got a 9/10 white xout pro beast it's domey and stiff with rim ink I'd trade ya. I just don't throw anything over a 9 speed well. I'm lookin for new mids to try

I had a pro beast, the plastic felt nice and gummy (very star like) but I didn't need another flippy driver so I traded it.

I bought a pro Beast today that's flat and feels like star plastic, a great feel. I haven't thrown it yet.

Never tried a pro beast, but a DX Wraith is much easier to get good distance with than premium plastic Wraiths.

I love my pro beasts...currently I have a newish glassy champ beast and a semi-beat pro x-out double stamp. The double stamp came from MST, is max weight, domey and dead straight. I did get a tourney northman from the DD mystery box that was fighting my beasts for bag space. I put that northman in the drink so the beasts are back in. That may change since I just got two northmans ( tourney and VIP ) in the other day. Love my beasts, especially my pro beast, but the tourney northman glides likes a pro beast in premium plastic.

FWIW; I throw 360ish max and break out the beasts/northman on anything over 330.

I love my pro beasts...currently I have a newish glassy champ beast and a semi-beat pro x-out double stamp. The double stamp came from MST, is max weight, domey and dead straight. I did get a tourney northman from the DD mystery box that was fighting my beasts for bag space. I put that northman in the drink so the beasts are back in. That may change since I just got two northmans ( tourney and VIP ) in the other day. Love my beasts, especially my pro beast, but the tourney northman glides likes a pro beast in premium plastic.

FWIW; I throw 360ish max and break out the beasts/northman on anything over 330.
I have one of those in my bag and 5 backups. I love that champ plastic. :thmbup:

Latest posts