• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Lessons Triad NC

mursenary

First post here on the forum (sorry if this is in the wrong place!) I have been playing for about a year, however I spent 3 months of that recovering from an injured shoulder due to poor form and rounding. I was wondering if any members on this forum are familiar with a local pro who would be willing to give private lessons (paid of course) to help me with my form. I have tried youtube and taking vids etc. however I am not getting the results I would like. I am pretty athletic and take to most sports rather quickly so Im a little frustrated with my lack of progress in this sport I have come to love. Thanks all for your time!

I think Lance Brown in the Burlington area gives lessons. If you go by the PIAS in Burlington, I think they have some contact info to get in touch with him.

I'm not a pro by any means but I've read a lot more technique and form threads than the average frolfer so I can probably help in a "do as I say, not as I do" capacity.

Hey, I'm in the Winston-Salem area. Just moved here last summer actually. I've been playing for over 10 years. Disclaimer: I'm not 'known' and I'm not a touring pro... in fact, in a decade of playing I've only played 2 tournaments (and they were both recent)... but I do play at the MPO level and I know a few things about disc golf and technique. To give you an idea of my level relative to a couple local courses, at The Patriot I've shot 51 (-8) on blues and 45 (-11) on reds, and at Johnson St. I've shot 46 (-8) on blues and 50 (-4) on golds. I have ~500' of distance power throwing RHBH and about 350-400' throwing forehand. In putting, I'm 95% or better from 15ft, ~85% at 20 feet, and about 65-70% from the circles edge.

I don't want your money, but I'm always down to play a round with someone new, and happy to give you some tips and help you out with what I can. Again, I'm not a touring pro or anything and I'm not claiming to be an expert... but I think a decade of playing experience and my 'performance' speaks to the fact I know a little bit and can probably help you out some. I love growing the sport and helping out newer players, so send me a PM if you wanna meet up and play a round or two.

I am so sorry to just be getting back here. Thanks so much for the offer! Please reach out to me if youre still interested in playing a round anytime. We should have a couple months left in the in season!

am pretty athletic and take to most sports rather quickly so Im a little frustrated with my lack of progress in this sport I have come to love.

I heard that. Not to detract from your question, but there's two reason's it's so hard to pick up on DG form.

1. You're swinging with your body in your off hand position. So, if your a RH batter in baseball, you're doing a left handed swing. You've likely never learned to swing a bat or golf club left handed, so it is very difficult to learn.
  2. Your not as athletic as you think. Athleticism get's you so far in most sports at low levels, but not many people learn proper mechanics and never elevate their game to the next level. The only people I've really seen be able to pick up a frisbee and learn to throw it 400' after a week are Baseball players that played at a very high level. They have a basic understanding of the mechanics of the throw, so learning to pop a frisbee is second nature. I grew up playing baseball and hockey, and realized from this forum board, I've never actually learned to properly throw or hit something. I've used raw athleticism to beat people, and that's just not going to cut it in DG when you compare yourself to the much better players.

Latest posts