• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Pro Pig vs ESP Zone

Huk Finn

* Ace Member *
I have a Pro Pig that I have beaten into submission. I was thinking about trying an ESP Zone. Any experience with the two of these hogs? I think I would like it, my friend likes his.

I have never touched one though.

Thanks

i use my Zone for 150-250 hyzer spikes .. Stright up and stright down .. it loves the wind and makes it his bEotch ~ lol ...
also for my short Stright Sidearm approches ..
thing Goes stright and fades stright ... with the High sidearm ROtations per min ..

as for the pig .. i never realy messed with it ..

Zones are great, to me the Drone of putters. I have knowna few people not like the way it feels in their hand.

yea i use mine as my slowest driver ..
way to low of profile for me to putt with ..
"just feals werid with a fan grip" feals like id be putting with a mid
Money power grip tho

" For me "

Last edited:
The most important thing to remember about the zone is that it is a BIG skip disc. I have never used a disc in my life that consistently skips as much as the Zone (The edge is so flat on it). I use it for driving as well, but the zone is more of a utility disc for me, and will never leave my bag.

I've thrown my friends zone a couple of times but there is no way I can take the pigs out of my bag.

the Drone of putters

^^this

the zone actually replaced the drone in my bag. I can throw the zone just as far, with less effort. Plus the low profile makes the release super consistent. No hang-ups or griplock. It will skip if you want it to skip. But it will also sit down nicely. VERY controllable. $$$ at low speeds. pretty much the only disc I use for upshots when it is windy, forehand and backhand. Also great for short anhyzer and headwind putts. I use it for so many things...

^^this

the zone actually replaced the drone in my bag. I can throw the zone just as far, with less effort. Plus the low profile makes the release super consistent. No hang-ups or griplock. It will skip if you want it to skip. But it will also sit down nicely. VERY controllable. $$$ at low speeds. pretty much the only disc I use for upshots when it is windy, forehand and backhand. Also great for short anhyzer and headwind putts. I use it for so many things...

^^^Exactly my experiences.

The Pig is a weird disc, at max weight, it was a trick-shot disc for me at best. It's too overstable to use for touch shots, as it hooks up and dives right out of the hand when finessed. The Zone is much more workable. It can be snapped hard into a headwind and not turn over, but can be thrown 50% and it'll still fly straight for a bit. Great disc.

LOVE me some Zone..put one in the bag a few weeks back and im not sure how i got by before without one lol..got a 200ft skip in birdie with it yesterday :) ...only messed around with the pig when i first started playing but i would say the Zone is way more stable..and most i have seen have been super super flat..prob more concave really..great disc but never tried to putt with it tho..i doubt i ever will lol

great disc but never tried to putt with it tho..i doubt i ever will lol

trust me, you need to try it. next time you have a 25 footer into a nasty headwind, just throw that zone with some nose down at the top of the basket and watch it eat up the chains.

^^^^will do..actually atm i dont really have a wind putter..or i guess i do lol..but it has been nice and windy here last few days..have to give it a shot and let you know..i figured it would be really good for nice hzyer putts around trees and what not

I recently picked up a pig and really like how it feels in the hand. That being said, after it leaves said hand it's a little less lovable. It IS good for what it's made for (spike hyzers) and for short putts with a tree you need to cut around tightly, but outside of that the overstability makes it a bit difficult. I haven't done much with the Zone myself, but I know folks who can make them do crazy things and would say it's probably the better call.

The zone is one of the best discs around in my opinion cause you can do so much with it. It is amazing into a headwind i was playing 2 days ago and throwing into a 20mph wind and it still flew perfect for my 200ft upshot and i parked the hole. I think the one downfall is the skip. I also started putting with the zone with or without wind and i love it, its such a predictable disc you know how hard you have to throw and which way its gonna go everytime

I have to agree with Wolfman, the zone is arguable one of the best discs that has been released in the past 3-4 years. It is very predictable, good in the windy conditions, feels good in hand and after release. Its a great disc all around and its a disc that won't let you down. Now if Discraft would only release it in Z plastic...........

I have been using my XD's as my only putters lately and that lead to me wanting a something more overstable, but with a similar feel in the hands. So I went out and bought a D Zone. I almost bought a Ringer instead, but I'm glad I got the Zone. First day out with it I made about a 120' birdie with it! I also found it really good for a utility/get out of trouble disc, throwing it on short flex shots. I could toss it anny up and over or around things, and still get a fade back to the right.

^^^...yeah with you only playing for a year so far it way be a lil much..if you dont like it now i would put it away for a lil bit and then break it back out down the road...they are super overstable but they are great for any approaches and short drives that have to go left and nice shot flick shots

The Zone is a great disc in D plastic as well. Breaks in quite nicely. Had the same one in the bag for a year now and it's starting to lose some fade on flat shots but remains really stable and is doing some new tricks that a fresh ESP doesn't do.

Latest posts