• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Pro plastic

novice Chris

Par Member
I haven't done much with pro plastic except for the KC pro Rocs I own, but recently I had several people in a different thread recommend that I get a pro Leopard. My question is why do different disks have different plastics for their ProSeries? My Rocs feel almost like a sturdier DX while the leopard is more like a star plastic. Is this a difference in years made or is it because it's a fairway driver and it would need a little more star like quality than DX being thrown at higher speeds?

You have a good fundamental understanding of the differences. The "pro" plastic for Drivers and Midranges/Putters is very different. Pro Driver plastic is indeed similar to Star but more pliable and wears faster. Pro Midrange/Putter plastic is indeed harder/sturdier than DX and takes longer to wear in.

You have a good fundamental understanding of the differences. The "pro" plastic for Drivers and Midranges/Putters is very different. Pro Driver plastic is indeed similar to Star but more pliable and wears faster. Pro Midrange/Putter plastic is indeed harder/sturdier than DX and takes longer to wear in.

Yep. Different blends entirely, not a different time frame or anything.

Good answers. Also, KC Pro and Pro are different. So even among putters, a KC Pro Aviar and a Yeti Pro Aviar are different blends or Pro. I believe KC Pro Aviars and Rocs use the same blend, although someone can correct me if I'm wrong. JK Pro Aviars use a more flexible blend of Pro, although it feels more like the Yeti blend than like the KC blend. Yeti Pro Aviars and the stiff Pro Pigs from the Innova Factory Store appear to use the same blend (I like this blend a lot). As far as I know, all the Pro drivers use the same blend of Star-like Pro (with variations across runs).

A buddy of mine had a Wraith in super gummy and flexible pro material. It wasn't the star-like blend, it was more like rubber. It was a joy to grip, I'm not sure about the durability tho, a dog destroyed it before it got beaten to death

A buddy of mine had a Wraith in super gummy and flexible pro material. It wasn't the star-like blend, it was more like rubber. It was a joy to grip, I'm not sure about the durability tho, a dog destroyed it before it got beaten to death

Was it Pro or RPro? That sounds a lot like RPRo. RPro by some definitions stands for "Rubber Pro" and feels a lot like what you're talking about. I'm not sure if Wraiths ever got released in RPro, but I know at least one driver did (the Wahoo, which has TERRIBLE durability).

pro Leos are great discs for wooded courses

Is that because the plastic is durable & will withstand what will likely be a lot of tree hits OR is that because it stays straighter and avoids hitting trees?

Was it Pro or RPro? That sounds a lot like RPRo. RPro by some definitions stands for "Rubber Pro" and feels a lot like what you're talking about. I'm not sure if Wraiths ever got released in RPro, but I know at least one driver did (the Wahoo, which has TERRIBLE durability).

Also sounds like it could be older Pro. Some of the Pro we have is slick/gummy feeling and feels great.

On a side note, I just brought a Pro Teebird from the Factory Store; it's definitely more of the sturdier DX feel that's normally the putter blend. Still feels and flies nice.

I have a few pro plastic drivers, the blends seem inconsistent in them. I have a few that seem close to a stiff star plastic and others that are more of a rubbery blend..which seem to bounce and roll more.

Just to clarify ... It was the dog that was beaten to death, correct?

Ha.

Anyways, drivers definitely have to have certain blends of pro for the wider wing to actually hold up. Also, I'd imagine if I had a pro destroyer that was KC stiff, the chances of a disc killing something would increase dramatically.

I have an 169 R-Pro Boss (R-BO) from the '09 US Masters.

I have never thrown it because it wears like hot butter, based on A) how a Wahoo seasons and B) the existing wear at the time of purchase.

I ruined my friend's R-Pro Boss throwing it into a tree and had to buy him another. I don't even have a ton of power.

I ruined my friend's R-Pro Boss throwing it into a tree and had to buy him another. I don't even have a ton of power.

I did the same with my friend's new DX Rancho Roc. Major taco in one throw. Maybe because it was older/vintage? Embarrassing as all get out too.

I gave him a KC Pro replacement.

Driver Pro is my favorite blend. I throw P-PDs all day, and Pro Leopards move in and out of my bag. They season quickly compared to star/champ, but very slowly compared to DX. I've bent the rim on a couple PPDs when smashing them into trees. It makes them better!! Now I have a hyzer flip disc with some fade at the end.

I've never bent a Pro Leopard and I have certainly tried.

Driver Pro is my favorite blend. I throw P-PDs all day, and Pro Leopards move in and out of my bag. They season quickly compared to star/champ, but very slowly compared to DX.[/I]

Have you worn in a gstar Leo and if so, how would you compare the life span compared to pro?

Who's throwing Innova fairways or distance drivers in Pro plastic in 2020? I typically have a Pro Wraith in & out of my bag. I've had some Pro Thunderbirds that flew really great.

What drivers do you use in Pro?