• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Pro plastic

Who's throwing Innova fairways or distance drivers in Pro plastic in 2020? I typically have a Pro Wraith in & out of my bag. I've had some Pro Thunderbirds that flew really great.

What drivers do you use in Pro?

Pro Valks come in and out of the bag. They are sweet and I've pulled off some of my longer Valk shots with them when they hit there sweet spot. They can get flippy on you quickly though.

I prefer pretty much all of my drivers to be Pro. I carry Pro Leos and Starfires mostly, but I also have a bunch of Pro Valks and Sidewinders.

I don't like ordering Pro online because of the inconsistency, but if I get to feel them in the store they almost always leave with me.

I have a Pro Leopard that's been in the bag for a few years. Just put in two X-out Pro Destroyers. One has a really cool Valkyrie stamp.

I have been loving my Pro Wraith! Never really thrown pro plastic other than Rocs or Aviar. Needless to say I was really impressed. I feel like I have better grip, more control, And more distance! Also recently found a pro Boss and started throwing that. I may be switching out some of my Star plastic for Pro.

This was a goof, but I was throwing this a lot early this year:

picture.php

I was sorting out discs to sell and pulled out a bunch that I had not thrown in a long time to toss around for fun, and this disc bombed. I forget sometimes that when these came out I benched Cyclones and threw KC Pro Cheetahs as my primary drivers for a couple of years. I was having a ton of fun throwing it, so I left it in the bag.

Normally I throw Pro Valkyries on the regular.

Who's throwing Innova fairways or distance drivers in Pro plastic in 2020? I typically have a Pro Wraith in & out of my bag. I've had some Pro Thunderbirds that flew really great.

What drivers do you use in Pro?

Pro Destroyer, really good glide. Understable for a Destroyer. I want to try a leopard.

I prefer pretty much all of my drivers to be Pro. I carry Pro Leos and Starfires mostly, but I also have a bunch of Pro Valks and Sidewinders.

I don't like ordering Pro online because of the inconsistency, but if I get to feel them in the store they almost always leave with me.

What specific inconsistencies are there inherent in pro? PLH or is there old vs new pro plastic for example? Cheers.

I have a last of the Pro Shark ever made in mid 2010's I love. The plastic is older Pro but I don't think 2000's Pro fully or that modern Pro not R-Pro is like old 2000's to mid 2010's Pro though the grip does not change as much with Modern Pro the way Old Pro does getting the outer gloss to fade into the disc the older the disc is even if not using disc, giving disc grip.

Sorry if I posed this before.

I picked up 2 pro shrykes over the winter and am thinking about picking up a couple Wraiths. Love the feel of pro and if they beat in quicker that's an added bonus for my noodly arm.

Oh and I got a pro beast for Christmas that's been in and out of the bag too. First beast I've been able to throw decent in probably 7 or 8 years.

I picked up 2 pro shrykes over the winter and am thinking about picking up a couple Wraiths. Love the feel of pro and if they beat in quicker that's an added bonus for my noodly.

You won't regret a pro Wraith. Ever since I've picked one up it has become a staple in my bag. I would love to try out the pro Shryke and Thunderbird.

I have several driver pro discs (fd, thunderbird, wraith, destroyer) and I love the feel of this plastic. It is a great level of stiffness and tackiness, but it wraps very easily thrown in wooded courses and can quickly change flight characteristics so I stopped using it.

Pro plastic is where it's at for drivers. I've always found the plastic to beat into a "sweet spot" fairly quickly but then it holds that stability for a longer time than you'd think.

I've had Pro Leopards in my bag for over a decade now, a fresh one will usually last me a few years before it's time to move to a new one.

Pro Terns, Wraiths, Destroyers, Valks are all great. I might need to try a Pro Shryke.

Pro Destroyer, really good glide. Understable for a Destroyer. I want to try a leopard.
I had a hook up for a few years with a guy because Pro Destroyers were superbeef out of the box. He would throw them until they were flippy for him and then sell them to me for $5; his flippy Pro Destroyers were great OS drivers for me. The dude moved and when I lost my last beat Pro Destroyer I tried picking up a new one and seasoning it myself...bad idea. :eek:

What specific inconsistencies are there inherent in pro? PLH or is there old vs new pro plastic for example? Cheers.

I like the Pro plastic that's a bit softer and has more grip in the hand. I've bought some Pro Leopards that feel more like a stiffer version of Star. From now on, I like to feel them before buying.

This was a goof, but I was throwing this a lot early this year:

picture.php

Is there any reason why the Cheetah doesn't get the plastic choices that the Leo gets? I know they're pretty similar, and maybe people prefer the straighter finish of the Leo, but I would like to try the Cheetah in Pro. I've seen them in Star, so somebody must be throwing them.

Is there any reason why the Cheetah doesn't get the plastic choices that the Leo gets? I know they're pretty similar, and maybe people prefer the straighter finish of the Leo, but I would like to try the Cheetah in Pro. I've seen them in Star, so somebody must be throwing them.
Honestly when the Leo came out I wondered why. It was a Cheetah with less fade, but you beat the fade out of a Cheetah without really trying so what was the point? I threw the Hell out of these Pro Cheetahs, they were great drivers. They are so close to a Leo that I can see why you would have to pick one to run in all the plastics, though. Once you have Champ plastics, it takes a lot longer to beat that extra fade out so the Leo is probably the better of the two for that. So...so long, Cheetah. I'm surprised they still make them at all honestly.

I had a hook up for a few years with a guy because Pro Destroyers were superbeef out of the box. He would throw them until they were flippy for him and then sell them to me for $5; his flippy Pro Destroyers were great OS drivers for me. The dude moved and when I lost my last beat Pro Destroyer I tried picking up a new one and seasoning it myself...bad idea. :eek:

I don't know how typical this is but the PLH on my Pro Destroyer is way lower than on my Star Destroyer. When covid is over you might bring your destroyer and compare it to others in store... FWIW

I don't know how typical this is but the PLH on my Pro Destroyer is way lower than on my Star Destroyer. When covid is over you might bring your destroyer and compare it to others in store... FWIW
That was ages ago, I don't think I have any Pro Destroyers anymore. They were too fast for me anyway, I was just using them as a cheap way to throw hyzers over water and not worry about losing the disc.

It sounds like Pro Leopards are the most popular pro "driver." I've got a Pro Leopard in the bag and love the balance between useful turn and maintaining that flight longer as a "low level premium" plastic. Pro Leopards and Star Teebirds are the reason I will probably always have Innova in the bag.

I remember meeting a ~950 rated player who had 2 Pro Bosses in the bag and claimed to have a bunch more stashed at home. He used them for some monster glidey hyzers. I could see them being useful for people who don't prefer that speed 12 rim.

While we're on the plastic, Pro plastic is my personal favorite putter plastic (KC Pro and McPro). I've felt a Wizard here or there that I like more, but trying to find another like it can be a pain. I can't see kicking KC Aviars out of the bag anytime soon.

Last edited:
I'm surprised I'm not seeing more Pro Thunderbird endorsements.

Looking through MarshallStreet's Pro selection, Orcs look interesting.