• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

Don't kid yourself. You'll be watching.

LOL OK. I literally watched none of DGPT's coverage after that first FPO round. From what I've heard from those who did watch the remainder, it doesn't sound like I missed out on anything. I think I've seen enough from Steve Dodge. There's enough CCDG and Jomez out there this year to keep me occupied.

I think the improvement from day 1 to the last day was great. They should have filmed some B/C-Tiers before they took this on, but that is a lesson learned. I hope to see some improvement, but I will say that this is far from a polished product.

Did anyone else notice Correy Merell "Jonny Football" was filming for the DGPT? Lot of experience there.

Pretty sure he was there shooting for his own channel, not DGPT. He was not on the list of camera operators that were shouted out on every live broadcast.

attachment.php

Attachments

• dgpt-camops.jpg
    dgpt-camops.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 259
I have not watched post produced stuff, but after the first day debacle I was impressed overall for their first go at live. I liked the cutting to the other cards and they did an OK job, especially the last couple of rounds, in operating the switch and going from booth to play.

I never thought I would notice less than stellar camera operating so much. I've grown so used to the camera work by the masters (Jomez/CCDG/Smashboxx). There is certainly more of a learning curve than I expected and we will likely see continual improvement from the DGPT.

The replays also left a bit to be desired. The transitions were not smooth. Ideally, they should be able to cut back to a reply and have live commentary over it rather than hearing the old audio during the reply - it's just awkward. I'm assuming this is possible anyway.

Lastly, and this is not unique to this event - every live broadcast should have a field reporter following at least the top card action who can report back to the commentators or be cut to live to better explain what is happening out there. It should not be either/or - I like having a booth, but also a field reporter Terry Miller style who can tell us exactly what's going on. My perfect world I suppose. I would guess they could find a volunteer to do this at every tournament.

In summary, I was satisfied overall with the live production and look forward to improvements.

Pretty sure he was there shooting for his own channel, not DGPT. He was not on the list of camera operators that were shouted out on every live broadcast.

attachment.php

So they let him in to film for his own company but they wouldn't let CCDG or Jomez in? I don't get it:\

So they let him in to film for his own company but they wouldn't let CCDG or Jomez in? I don't get it:\
Ccdg and Jomez are allowed to film at dgpt events, just not to film mpo lead, mpo chase and FPO lead cards. Nobody is allowed to film those cards, only dgpt.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ccdg and Jomez are allowed to film at dgpt events, just not to film mpo lead, mpo chase and FPO lead cards. Nobody is allowed to film those cards, only dgpt.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've wondered about the legality of this. Many of these events are in public parks. Whats to stop a Jomez camera from filming these cards? Then producing them. I don't think there is anything legally that can stop them from producing bootleg videos of these cards I guess.

But I think Jomez and CCDG are classier than to do something so silly.

Cory's doing non competing media (interviews and what not), and actually does have to pay the DGPT for the right to film there.

These are clearly all made up names.

lol. I personally know Wade Ferarri so at least he's real. He worked for us at GBO a couple years back.

Where is the MPO chase card post production coverage? No one is allowed to record it and DGPT is not producing it, yet. If they are not going to provide it, let someone else have a crack at it.

I was wondering this one too. Weren't we promised next day vids on chase as well?

Latest posts