• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

RootsDiscGolf

Bogey Member
The DGPT released their version of in house live coverage today. Needless to say it has something to be desired, I love Nate and Val doing the commentary, but the hardware the DGPT is using must be ancient or cheap. The buffering is awful and does not look like they bothered to test this system before they launched today. I feel bad for Nate, Val and all the players involved in this problem. This was setting up to be the biggest year ever for the DGPT, but now I don't know if they will have viewers after this mess.

What are your thoughts?

I really am not a fan of the satellite commentators. I love Nate and Val but there is a disconnect between whats actually happening and what we see. Like when Terry is there live doing the coverage with the card we get so much more and better info. Nate and Val are kinda just saying things about the shots that I am saying to myself so there really isnt any value to them being there to me. So far this is the year of devolution for the DGPT

The DGPT released their version of in house live coverage today. Needless to say it has something to be desired, I love Nate and Val doing the commentary, but the hardware the DGPT is using must be ancient or cheap. The buffering is awful and does not look like they bothered to test this system before they launched today. I feel bad for Nate, Val and all the players involved in this problem. This was setting up to be the biggest year ever for the DGPT, but now I don't know if they will have viewers after this mess.

What are your thoughts?

Not a good first impression. You cut ties with people that know what they're doing and then this is what you deliver? No thanks :thmbdown:

I really am not a fan of the satellite commentators. I love Nate and Val but there is a disconnect between whats actually happening and what we see. Like when Terry is there live doing the coverage with the card we get so much more and better info. Nate and Val are kinda just saying things about the shots that I am saying to myself so there really isnt any value to them being there to me. So far this is the year of devolution for the DGPT

To be honest, unless the commentators are following the card it really doesn't add value except to entertain while between shots and holes. They do not add anything that we cannot tell from the video feed, if they followed the card we can at least have them tell us about the weather conditions, or the mental conditions of the players, or even talk about what discs people are using. Idk..

To be honest, unless the commentators are following the card it really doesn't add value except to entertain while between shots and holes. They do not add anything that we cannot tell from the video feed, if they followed the card we can at least have them tell us about the weather conditions, or the mental conditions of the players, or even talk about what discs people are using. Idk..

Exactly, this just seems cheap to me. The video is bad on its own but with everything else here thats bad, this is just unacceptable. I had optimism and now idk if I will tune into the mens coverage or not with how bad things are.

hu·bris/ˈ(h)yo͞obrəs/
noun- from greek
excessive pride or self-confidence.

They underestimated how hard it is to do a live stream like this and they are getting punished for it. I also think that Nate, Val and the DGPT underestimated how important lighting is for live streams on YouTube. It looks awful dark at Nate and Val's place.

It almost like they are purposely making the live stream bad with the intention to push more people to post production vids so that those can make more money. Its like they want to kill live streaming for disc golf.

Looks like they got the stream fixed. It's live again.

They dropped the quality of the picture it looks like to account for the extras data putting a heavy load on their equipment. They dropped it to like 720p. Its a fix, but its not the future of disc golf like they said, this quality won't even last the year.

The camera work is . . hmm well. . bad

I saw in the shadows that at least one of the cameras has a monopod attached, and yet on a static shot where one just sets up and frames the action, it's still shaky. How is this happening?

:doh:

Latest posts