• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

I know it's a perception. It's also entirely a false perception.

If you don't want to cut Dodge slack, that's fine. I can understand disappointment and upset over how the coverage has gone thus far this year. But don't frame it as if he did Jomez/CCDG dirty when he didn't.

It's not just me, and it's not a false perception. The votes against Steve Dodge on the Youtube videos prove that.

And Dodge did do Jomez/CCDG/Terry dirty. He did them wrong. Steve Dodge's actions were dishonorable, and he's doing Disc Golf wrong, as well.

Wowsers!

I have to wonder at the financial viability of filming MPO3. I'm not sure that offering that for free does much for anyone.

I don't know all the details of Jomez showing non-compliant material but if I were going to make a judgment, I'd wanna hear their side. It seems a reach to agree on a sponsorship policy and then to completely ignore it and do your own. I'd hate to think that happened...

As before, setting aside the they done them wrong things, it is Steve's show. He gets to do what he wants.

It's not just me, and it's not a false perception. The votes against Steve Dodge on the Youtube videos prove that.

And Dodge did do Jomez/CCDG/Terry dirty. He did them wrong. Steve Dodge's actions were dishonorable, and he's doing Disc Golf wrong, as well.

I'm gonna weigh in ten cents worth. Frankly, I don't need a Steve vs them argument to vote down on the coverage. Comparatively speaking, it's a down vote.

I still will watch it, all though not fully plugged, it's too frustrating, but my watching is not a comment on anything other than I love the sport.

Jomez went out and got a sponsor for its DGPT coverage independent of the DGPT itself, which meant that their coverage was saturated with ads and graphics for that sponsor...to the detriment of the event sponsors..

I don't see anything wrong with that. .

This silly notion that Jomez did anything wrong is a false straw argument by a Dodge supporter to attempt to create moral relevance. Jomez did NOTHING wrong and did not harm anyone, but the Dodge supporter wants and needs you (plural) to believe that Jomez did do something wrong in order to justify Dodge's lack of integrity. And anyone with the brains of a Betta fish can and will see through that cheap shot at Jomez, and will reject it.

I think that Steve worked very hard to get Jomez to work with them and probably thought he could get them on board. Jomez saw the value they created aka the potential to earn real money, and wanted more than Steve was willing to offer. So no one is the bad guy it happens.

And what the difference between DGPT protecting it's right and this.

From Ultiworl article:
Likewise, the PDGA National Tour has recently begun protecting its turf. Prior to the Las Vegas Challenge, tournament director Jeff Jacquart informed Dynamic Discs that the company would need to pay $5,000 to film "non-round coverage" during the event. The fee, while steep, was required because Innova had provided over $100,000 worth of sponsorship, according to Jacquart. He wanted to make sure that other companies didn't free-ride off of Innova's commitment.

I

That's mainly so outside/competitor companies couldn't create promotional materials based off of "non-round coverage". There was a different set of fees or rules for filming the action. Johnny Discgolf went over that on a podcast I listened to recently.

The disc golf community didn't like the DGPT decision about media coverage or how they handled it. Everyone can argue about why that is, or whether it's fair, but it doesn't matter, right? It just is.

I don't think it took a soothsayer to see that this was likely to play out the way it did. Watching Steve announce the media changes on SmashBoxx TV last year, I don't think any of this response could be considered shocking.

I really enjoyed Ullibari's commentary for final round in Waco. I knew the outcome, but his insights hole by hole made the drama unfold all over again. When he points out the emotional roller coaster these top guys are riding and then backing it up with comments on the body language and other nuggets, it has become my favorite round to watch. The last time I had some footage stick in my brain was Uli's humorous comments at the Utah Open when joined Big Jerm. Hilarious stuff about a mountain and plane. Some the only footage I've ever gone back an watched. Keep up the hard work DGPT.

This silly notion that Jomez did anything wrong is a false straw argument by a Dodge supporter to attempt to create moral relevance. Jomez did NOTHING wrong and did not harm anyone, but the Dodge supporter wants and needs you (plural) to believe that Jomez did do something wrong in order to justify Dodge's lack of integrity. And anyone with the brains of a Betta fish can and will see through that cheap shot at Jomez, and will reject it.

Whatever. Clearly it's an emotional issue and you can't argue against emotion with logic, so I'm done. I think the entire drama is overblown. Dodge made a business decision. Like it, don't like it, but people are making it way more personal than it deserves to be.

Whatever. Clearly it's an emotional issue and you can't argue against emotion with logic, so I'm done. I think the entire drama is overblown. Dodge made a business decision. Like it, don't like it, but people are making it way more personal than it deserves to be.

It's not overblown at all. Dodge's 'business decision' (and I question his motives in THAT) and the 'defenses' by his supporters have turned out to be very personal, especially the false attacks on Jomez to create a moral relativism. And Dodge cutting off the comments because of the truth being told about him also shows that Dodge considers it to be personal.

This is the most true statement this thread has produced.

As much as I disagree with his decision, I understand it and don't want him to fail. I want to be able to watch live and postpro DG and he provides that... but those postpro view counts are depressing...

From the Book of Faces:

DGPT said:
The Disc Golf Pro Tour is excited to have SmashBoxxTV partnering with us to produce the live broadcast. You can read more about the renewed partnership on our site or hear more about it on Smashboxx's podcast happening right now!

https://www.youtube.com/user/smashboxxtv/live

Interesting.

Great to have Smashboxx back, but then again . . no Smashboxx cameramen or even Terry on site.

So basicly the same crew as in Vegas ( JVD at the controls and DGPT camera crew )? That did not go that well

Many of the complaints about the DGPT live was about the camerawork. . .and that will not change

Doss plus someone in booth, Terry roaming the course, with updates, would be great.

Great to have Smashboxx back, but then again . . no Smashboxx cameramen or even Terry on site.

So basicly the same crew as in Vegas ( JVD at the controls and DGPT camera crew )? That did not go that well

Many of the complaints about the DGPT live was about the camerawork. . .and that will not change

Vegas was a PDGA NT event and was covered by Jomez. The Memorial in Arizona was the DGPT debut that did not go that well.

Latest posts