• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pro Tour Live Coverage

The one company Par Save Productions sounds like they helped with the post production of the first two events for DGPT Channel. It sounds like in that bit it gets a bit confusing like how some of my earliest posts read on here about the Par Save Productions as to who it is or where it found. I am not sure where to even find Par Save Productions if it is Youtube or on another App. I am Fine with DGPT doing live coverage as it was never really done before this for the top level Pro tour coverage. I just hope that Steve Doge keeps the live up for those to see the events later after the event has posted as there are people who want to see the a whole tournament coverage on TV.

OMG someone with Photoshop skills pretty please put Steve Dodge glasses and wispy hair on Doge, surrounded with funny words, then run 100 t-shirts with the image ASAP...

For real I'm pretty surprised and looking forward to having the other media guys back on board.

But Dodge -> Doge is just too good

Someone who can photoshop should do the real thing.

attachment.php

Attachments

• doge1.jpg
    doge1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 225
No insult intended Casey, this thread desperately needs a Steve Doge meme. Google "Doge meme" if you are unfamiliar.

Oh I know you were not doing an insult to me just, yeah I hope the Tour Keeps going and Steve doesn't fail as he allows for things like sponsors and multiple brands of top level disc golf baskets but it seems my wish of his bad coverage for post production tournament stuff to fail has worked. I hope if new events get added or changed to be in the Pro Tour that the tournament insists on having at least one of the top 3 or 4 companies doing Tournament Coverage. Even the Disc Golf Guy could film better for post round; live well not many are willing to film that as it happens.

Hey JVD, do you know if there are plans for a chat? Or is that one of the reasons he did this, to remove the option of having one? I get it, a lot of the chat is rather...umm...uncordial(to put it mildly, lol) but it is, at the least, a big factor in my favoring the live stream. Its entertaining on its own a lot of the time and that is especially important when the golf isnt. It helps fill in the downtime and people like you and Terry mixing it up with the hecklers is just quality stuff...

...not to mention... Hole1 of Hyrule would have never been a thing without a live chat.;)

Made another attempt to install the Roku app and was successful. As haphazard as this new platform has been implemented, personally I'm happy that I'll be able to watch on my TV rather than be tethered to my laptop (or having to tether the laptop to the TV). Here's hoping JVD brings the heat in his return to the producer chair, particularly getting the graphics back up to snuff.

Made another attempt to install the Roku app and was successful. As haphazard as this new platform has been implemented, personally I'm happy that I'll be able to watch on my TV rather than be tethered to my laptop (or having to tether the laptop to the TV). Here's hoping JVD brings the heat in his return to the producer chair, particularly getting the graphics back up to snuff.

DGN Roku channel successfully added, and there's actually content -- that plays! Crazy.

View attachment 68036

This was just posted on Facebook. A "How to" connect to the coverage.

Yep! All it takes is that you move your PC tower from wherever it might be, to where your TV is, and hook it up using HDMI! OH - and you'll need to make sure to bring your mouse and keyboard with you so you can actually use it.

This is exactly why apps have been invented and put on basically EVERY home multimedia device (even my Nintendo 2DS has netflix, hulu, and youtube on it). These are the kind of instructions I'd expect to find a decade ago when trying to watch coverage...

With any Roku type device, smart tv, etc, you should be able cast what's on your pc to the big screen.

So this is sweet. I can't cast the video from my phone without completely losing the ability to use my phone while casting because it has to be screen mirrored.

Guess I am not watching any more live DGPT until this is fixed. So, so dumb.

The move away from the youtube platform is a pain for viewing and a mistake. If even 200 fewer people watch as a result of the switch, you've lost 10% of your viewership (rough concurrent view average).

I see no argument for how this will increase viewership as an alternative platform either but I could be missing something.

So this is sweet. I can't cast the video from my phone without completely losing the ability to use my phone while casting because it has to be screen mirrored.

Guess I am not watching any more live DGPT until this is fixed. So, so dumb.

Casting from my computer works without screen mirroring so it seems like it should be possible to do from your phone. but when I tried to do the same through chrome on my iphone it wasn't working the same way

Latest posts