• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Pro Vulcan

Pro Grooves were Stamped for the 2010 Gentlemens Club Challenge, and pro Vulcans will be in the players pack for the Northwoods Open at Sandy Point next weekend.

Yeah, I want a Pro to go with my Stars for extra hyzer-flippiness. Think they would be a crazy tailwind disc. Where's the production?

This!! I would love to try out a pro vulcan. The pro destroyer and katana are my main discs and i would like to see what this can do.

Pro Grooves were Stamped for the 2010 Gentlemens Club Challenge, and pro Vulcans will be in the players pack for the Northwoods Open at Sandy Point next weekend.

So no production runs planned? :thmbdown:

i got a 156g star vulcan from the mad city open. its a troublesome disc to master right now. it FLIPS!!!!! but when you hit the sweet spot it just goes. I would love a pro vulcan tho. pro is my favorite driver plastic.

Yeah, my favorite Vulcan is a 158 Star. I got it down when I was on vacation at one point in the summer and had a nice short time of driving further than ever, then went back to work and going out once a week is really starting to piss me off as I'm an entirely different player each time.

very curious how flippy they are in comparison.

Well; I got a 159 and 161 star and the Pros low ones are at 165-168, around where I like my fairways, but we will see. Lately, I have not seen much difference in my throw across weights so maybe its a mute point, but I expect them to feel a little more stable at first. I wonder how much I will actually beat them in though, as I usually don't throw more than a speed 7 in wooded areas no matter what the distance.

I just noticed it looks like they hit the streets in the last few days:

http://www.dtworld.com/Pro_Vulcan_p/g124-pro.htm

Yah, I got an email back from Innova a couple of days later that they were to be released on the 7th. They have not announced it on their site, but I did confirm that PRO is an option for the disc on their site yesterday.

However, the way my PRO Katana was flipping yesterday, I am wondering about the Vulcan. I am just looking for a driver in that speed range that will continue to make a soft turn the way a worn TL or EL (or even better a Stingray) will without a swoop back. It is a hard thing to accomplish with that much mass in the rim at a slow speed. The physics are such that it will gyro back against the spin. But the Vulcan seems to have less mass in the rim than other high speed drivers. I believe it is due to material being reduced on the top. PRO plastic is my favorite for grip and glide. I just wonder if this disc will go like an R-PRO Boss after a few collisions or even hard landings?

Good news, I want to try this and an Astra out. Both sound like good high altitude noodle arm hyzer flip discs.

Picked up a beautiful 175 in Baby blue with a rainbow stamp. Played one round with it and all I can say is WOW. Lots of glide like I expected (more than the star) and I'm throwing lower lines with this as compared to the star. Flipped it only twice the whole round out of maybe 13-14 throws. For now out of the box it is laser straight with a bit of fade. I'm giving it just a touch of anhyzer to make it laser straight. 2 Shots into ~ 15 mph headwind it flipped up then over, and faded gently back.

This disc is definitely a keeper, I can't wait to see what it will beat into.

Yeah, I still don't have mine yet as I received 2 TeeDevils by mistake. Not that it matters. I got DirecTV ruining my entire day anyway.

Bought 2 Pro Vulcans yesterday and threw them in the field a few times and like how they fly, glidier than the Star Stamp in my bag. Seem to be easier to hyzer flip the Pro Vulcans. Loved the way they hyzered for me when thrown into a crosswind. Almost

Latest posts