• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy 750s Facebook Auction

Here's a thought.

What if, as has been speculated by some, that mainstream manufacturing of 750 plastic will not be cost effective. This doesn't mean that the plastic ingredients themselves are mega-expensive as there could well be a dozen other variables that make mass production of such a non cost-effective market for Prodigy. This realization may not have been their original plan, but something that they have learned along the way.

However, what if it is still reasonably feasible to make select small batches of 750 plastic and 'feed it to your team". Let it be "insider's only" plastic. Let the scarcity value of it build. Not a bad way to supplement the $$ that you'll be paying out to your pro's. Let them do with it what they want. Rare plastic, periodic small customized production runs.

Seeing as how any disc used in a tournament is supposed to be easily commercially obtainable...

That guy just wanted to get some a little earlier.... for $1,200 :\

Kind of unrelated, but Emac has a prodigy tester disc up now on ddga. Smart guy, looking to cash in right after serious dough was dropped on that m3.

I think big name pros bring in more money on sales regardless of the disc just because (insert pro here) that disc is somehow magically attached to them. Every auction I have seen a pro put up has gone way above market value.

I know this has been said before, but I just really want this thread to die. WGAF what people spend their money on! If you don't agree with it, oh well. But let me just say that we, as (mostly) star-loving, sports enthusiast men, this is what we do!!! Leave it at that. You mean to tell me a Louisville Slugger that Derek Jeter actually used in a game wouldn't snag more loot than one you could buy at PIAS?!? Of course it would. Who cares?!? Ugh, hopefully this will be the last post of this thread...

Now we're comparing said pro to Jeter? And I'm sorry, but even a slugger he would have used in some game wouldn't be worth 1200 bucks. Maybe a world series used bat with a SIG or COA could be and even that's pushing it. He'd have to be deceased to see that kind of dough.

Ok, now this thread can die.

Last edited:
Jeter used bat > regular bat
Ulibarri used disc > regular disc

You missed the point of my comparison. I was simply stating that people will pay more for stuff like that since it's been used by a pro. I'm not saying it's logical. And of course, you suckered me into posting on this thread again in order for me to defend my statement. Shame on you! Lmao.

;) sucka!

I'll put it this way. I have more respect for someone dishing out 1200 for bat used by the almighty Jeter rather than some off shoot plastic used by an unknown "pro" disc golfer. And when I say unknown, I mean unknown to most of the mainstream world and with a status only important to those who actually play dg. I can stop twenty people today and not one of them would know who this "pro" is. I love dg and I wish the best for the upper elite of this sport, but you have to call it what it is. A fringe sport. Lastly, what an idiot wants to spend his money on is his own damn business and I'm entitled to my own opinions. And I know, opinions are like what??? ;)

I agree with people spending money on things they want and not ridiculing them. If you have ever been to charity events with live auctions, people drop at lot more than $1200 on rare sports items. I once saw a weeks house rental on Sullivans Island go for $800 which is well under value and then a Chicago Bulls basketball signed by the team that won 70 games go for > $10k the same night.

I agree with people spending money on things they want and not ridiculing them. If you have ever been to charity events with live auctions, people drop at lot more than $1200 on rare sports items. I once saw a weeks house rental on Sullivans Island go for $800 which is well under value and then a Chicago Bulls basketball signed by the team that won 70 games go for > $10k the same night.

Yeah, but this was no charity auction. That would be something I would have no arguments with. Sure, he said he donated a few hundred somewhere after he received payment. That was to make himself look like less of a crook after it all blew out of proportion.

Latest posts