• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy BP3

jasonm

Has anyone heard anything about this new small backpack from Prodigy? Release date??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 11.19.48 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 11.19.48 AM.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 187
Whaaaaaa??? $30??? The BP-1s are pretty damn nice. I know several people carrying them and they are holding up well and fit a good amount. They're pretty "blah" in the looks department, but seem to be solid bags. If this BP-3 is up to the same standards, 30 bones is a STEAL! 17 discs with a side putter pocket and what appears to be a good sized pocket on top as well. (more discs? maybe just a bit more storage?)

I'll grab one for $30 without doubt. I'm a bag whore an this looks like a hell of a deal for another backup/fun mixed bag.

Can't argue with that price for what it is. I love my Discmania Grip but I paid something like $275 for it. If the BP-3 were sitting in a store next to $200+ Grips (or whatever version from another company) I could see it selling like wildfire. Great beginner option.

It looks like a jansport or something that's been slightly modified to work as a dg bag. Should be a big hit with the Magellan crowd, but I don't think anyone would think it's a good bag on its own merits.

It looks like a jansport or something that's been slightly modified to work as a dg bag. Should be a big hit with the Magellan crowd, but I don't think anyone would think it's a good bag on its own merits.

Certainly true. By no means a tourney bag or something for high level play. However, it is much cheaper than most shoulder bags, with more storage for discs and extras. I mean, $30??? That's the price (or lower) than most over-the-shoulder 12 disc bags with no storage at all.

Anyone order one? About to pull the trigger but I want to make sure my 32oz hydro flask fits the bottle holder.

Also curious about sturdiness/how it stands up on its own. Can't really be picky though for the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$30 is a steal... but...

My opinion of the Prodigy BP-3.

Pros:

Great bag for quick rounds.

Fits 21 discs. 3 in the top pocket and 18 in the main pocket. This is with mostly putters and mids. The top pocket is massive. Coming from an old Grip that barely fits 2 putters in the top pocket, this bag drops 3 in there like nobody's business!

Lightweight is a big plus.

Side drink pocket fits a 32oz GATORADE store bought bottle nice and snug.

The top handle is legit too. Feels nice to carry the bag just like that.

Feels like a simple Jansport/Eastpack backpack. I can easily just sling the left strap over my right shoulder, just like high school, and this is a good thing for my shoulder.

The dividers make this bag much more useful for me. I can bring out 14-15 discs with a divider so I can use some of that side space inside the main pocket for any extra bulky stuff. Think cigarettes, cans, towels, snacks. Totally optional to use the dividers.

Sturdy. While the bottom of the bag is weird (see Cons), the bag stays upright on cement and grass. Even dropping it down on uneven grass, it still stands up.

Cons:

Not a good bag for long rounds, tournaments, those who need to carry 20 discs under those circumstances. Unless you can afford to sacrifice storage space.

While the bag looks high quality, the bottom is some sort of Pleather material with 1 stitching holding it together from the main pocket. The insert with velcro fits sort of weird for me. I can feel each discs bulge on my back and you can see them sticking out the bottom. Don't be dragging this bag over rough terrain and do not kick this thing cause it looks like it will easily rip right off. Some modifications will have to be made to prolong the life of the bag.

The side pockets are ALMOST useless. Yes, I can fit my fat wallet, a car key and Samsung S7 Edge with leather case in there, but it's a tight fit and by no means will I be taking them out of there constantly. The other wider pocket isn't much bigger and 1 putter will be pretty snug in there. This pocket will be for scorecards, pencils, cell phones, minis, candy bars... anything thin.

The sides of the main pocket are black holes for discs. Looking down at it I can't see 3 discs and it's not a quick move to get a disc out of there if it is right on the side wall.

Another subjective for me is that I can't figure out where to clip my bluetooth speaker to it without the extra weight of it disturbing the bag as a whole.

Overall: It's too soon to say "You get what you pay for!" in a negative way. $30 is a magnificent price tag for a Disc Golf Bag. If this bag was sitting on the shelf with every other DG Backpack bag on the market, it will easily outsell the others. It is the sort of bag that I will keep in my car with about 15 discs so I can get in a quick round and it won't be taking up a ton of space either.

The grey bag I got looks the TITS! Has a nice rugged yet smooth look to it. The giant Prodigy logo is a negative for me only because this is the first Prodigy item I have ever purchased and I live in Los Angeles where Prodigy isn't a big thing. Not a huge negative, but it's subjective to me.

I do have to question the bottom liner of the bag. This looks and feels like it won't be lasting for very long and I like keeping the same product over a long period of time. I will be keeping an eye on this thing and treating the bag nicely. $30 is no biggie for me, but I just don't want to go through them too quickly like my friends did with their Fade bags back in the day.

I would highly recommend this bag for anybody looking for a light, inexpensive DG backpack to get those casual rounds in.

My opinion of the Prodigy BP-3.

Pros:

Great bag for quick rounds.

Fits 21 discs. 3 in the top pocket and 18 in the main pocket. This is with mostly putters and mids. The top pocket is massive. Coming from an old Grip that barely fits 2 putters in the top pocket, this bag drops 3 in there like nobody's business!

Lightweight is a big plus.

Side drink pocket fits a 32oz GATORADE store bought bottle nice and snug.

The top handle is legit too. Feels nice to carry the bag just like that.

Feels like a simple Jansport/Eastpack backpack. I can easily just sling the left strap over my right shoulder, just like high school, and this is a good thing for my shoulder.

The dividers make this bag much more useful for me. I can bring out 14-15 discs with a divider so I can use some of that side space inside the main pocket for any extra bulky stuff. Think cigarettes, cans, towels, snacks. Totally optional to use the dividers.

Sturdy. While the bottom of the bag is weird (see Cons), the bag stays upright on cement and grass. Even dropping it down on uneven grass, it still stands up.

Cons:

Not a good bag for long rounds, tournaments, those who need to carry 20 discs under those circumstances. Unless you can afford to sacrifice storage space.

While the bag looks high quality, the bottom is some sort of Pleather material with 1 stitching holding it together from the main pocket. The insert with velcro fits sort of weird for me. I can feel each discs bulge on my back and you can see them sticking out the bottom. Don't be dragging this bag over rough terrain and do not kick this thing cause it looks like it will easily rip right off. Some modifications will have to be made to prolong the life of the bag.

The side pockets are ALMOST useless. Yes, I can fit my fat wallet, a car key and Samsung S7 Edge with leather case in there, but it's a tight fit and by no means will I be taking them out of there constantly. The other wider pocket isn't much bigger and 1 putter will be pretty snug in there. This pocket will be for scorecards, pencils, cell phones, minis, candy bars... anything thin.

The sides of the main pocket are black holes for discs. Looking down at it I can't see 3 discs and it's not a quick move to get a disc out of there if it is right on the side wall.

Another subjective for me is that I can't figure out where to clip my bluetooth speaker to it without the extra weight of it disturbing the bag as a whole.

Overall: It's too soon to say "You get what you pay for!" in a negative way. $30 is a magnificent price tag for a Disc Golf Bag. If this bag was sitting on the shelf with every other DG Backpack bag on the market, it will easily outsell the others. It is the sort of bag that I will keep in my car with about 15 discs so I can get in a quick round and it won't be taking up a ton of space either.

The grey bag I got looks the TITS! Has a nice rugged yet smooth look to it. The giant Prodigy logo is a negative for me only because this is the first Prodigy item I have ever purchased and I live in Los Angeles where Prodigy isn't a big thing. Not a huge negative, but it's subjective to me.

I do have to question the bottom liner of the bag. This looks and feels like it won't be lasting for very long and I like keeping the same product over a long period of time. I will be keeping an eye on this thing and treating the bag nicely. $30 is no biggie for me, but I just don't want to go through them too quickly like my friends did with their Fade bags back in the day.

I would highly recommend this bag for anybody looking for a light, inexpensive DG backpack to get those casual rounds in.

This is pretty much spot on. Great bag for light use or to keep extras in the car. I don't think it will hold up to a heavy beating. But if you play in a grassy park and don't carry too much gear it is a steal for $30. Great starter bag or extra bag for serious players. Prodigy's line of bags is solid between the BP-1, BP-3, practice and travel bags. They are all reasonably priced and good quality!

Latest posts