• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're having issues with protos, there's bound to be issues with production runs. Its plastic afterall.

Internet distance strikes again.... 600 ft line drive....

Video or it didn't happen.

I heard the best one today at la mirada. a buddy told me kyle maddox threw a midrange from the tee on hole thirteen, aaaall the way out past the basket which is where tee for #14 is and aaaall the way to the basket for #14, which a rough estimate would be 600+/-', but it doesnt end there. he said the disc landed on the 50' roof basketball gym next to the basket. I said where's the video? kyle maddox is good but he' not the hulk.

What is the minimum wage in California again?.....and they are still "poor"

I think its $8.50/hr but I could be wrong, I havent made minimun wage since I was in college. a while back. but its a nicer climate than most places so it is going to cost more to live here. you are more than welcome to move here and try your luck...

I heard the best one today at la mirada. a buddy told me kyle maddox threw a midrange from the tee on hole thirteen, aaaall the way out past the basket which is where tee for #14 is and aaaall the way to the basket for #14, which a rough estimate would be 600+/-', but it doesnt end there. he said the disc landed on the 50' roof basketball gym next to the basket. I said where's the video? kyle maddox is good but he' not the hulk.

You think someone from NC knows who you are talking about?.....

I've seen discs go 600'. None of them were line drives. If it was on a distance line then it's believable but then again I'm sure he can throw any max distance driver that far, so how does that make this disc any more special.

Are you really expecting everyone to believe prodigy is making the absolute farthest flying discs so far because they say so.... The people selling them?

a lot of people know a lot of people. I gave all the details incase someone reads this and can verify what was told to me. that's why.

Well at least now I know Kyle Maddox is a 988 rated AM from Cali!:D

....where the ratings are inflated.....

Well at least now I know Kyle Maddox is a 988 rated AM from Cali!:D

....where the ratings are inflated.....
:clap:

serious note: are they inflated?

I think blasting a midrange over 600' and landing on a 50' high roof is pretty impressive. now whether I choose to believe the story is another thing.

oh and there are pines in front of the tee so it would have had to have been a maaaassssive hyzer.

Last edited:
:clap:

serious note: are they inflated?

I think blasting a midrange over 600' and landing on a 50' high roof is pretty impressive. now whether I choose to believe the story is another thing.

In the past I believe they were...at least relative to most places

I went to Cali back in the day for 2 tournaments and averaged 10 points higher than my rating at the time....and that was with one event where I played pretty bad.

They aren't nearly as bad as in the past....but that is because the ratings system has had more time to "settle" over the years. With that said a 1000 rated round today isn't the same as a 1000 rated round in 01'.

i thought ratings go up and down depending on how many good players there are. which would be a good argument that you went to California where most players are better than you and even though you did bad, their great ratings lifted you up? is that at all possible? you did say you are getting noodleitis nowadays. :)

i thought ratings go up and down depending on how many good players there are. which would be a good argument that you went to California where most players are better than you and even though you did bad, their great ratings lifted you up? is that at all possible? you did say you are getting noodleitis nowadays. :)

Close...instead of saying "good" insert high-rated.

At one time TX had only one 1000 rated player........so it was pretty much impossible to get a 1000 rated round.

I Cali I played with people rated 1030 that I thought were more like 1020 in TX ratings (Micah BTW)

More high rated players means it is easier to get good ratings....I could shoot a -18 but if the highest rated player was 970 it would be rated differently than had Climo been at the event.

4 of my 5 rounds in Cali were 10 points above my rating at the time......

Also one of these events was the only one Paul didn't cash in his rookie year....6 of 10 pros were 1000+

good night. I have to work tomorrow. this was a ton of fun tonight. see you guys later, and scooter, I am just teasing you because I love discraft.

^All of that definitely explains why that one guy in the Dakotas shoots 1030 golf with nobody else within 500 miles rated over 975. It also definitely explains why he averages the same rating when he travels out of his area...

^All of that definitely explains why that one guy in the Dakotas shoots 1030 golf with nobody else within 500 miles rated over 975. It also definitely explains why he averages the same rating when he travels out of his area...

Nodland?.....and you are right......but if he wasn't there as an anchor the other guys <975 would have little ability to shoot 1000 rated rounds.

A few years ago a TD added in Climo for "Sh-and-gigs" and the ratings increased regardless of the score he was given.

Basically the players in the event set the ceiling for the ratings....higher rated players allow for a higher ceiling.

This is fairly easy to see if you look at certain PDGA leagues on a round by round basis.....SSA would swing by 6 strokes in some cases..

Last edited:
A few years ago a TD added in Climo for "Sh-and-gigs" and the ratings increased regardless of the score he was given.

I didn't realize the PDGA has shared their formula for calculating round ratings. How did your TD friend get the chance to submit multiple versions of the same event, with different versions of a Climo score? Did CK help him with the experiment? :confused:

But to get back on topic, Prodigy might have a different naming scheme than we expect. Maybe the putters are "A" discs, the midranges "B" discs, slower drivers, "C", and fast drivers, "D." Maybe the plan for expanding the line of drivers beyond 4 is something like "D2.1", "D3.5", etc. Or even "D2a", D2b." There are all kinds of ways they could do this without trying to poach on other brands' naming schemes.

Do we have any announcements yet of when the discs will be available for retail purchase, or when the website will be up? If not, can we hope that when Prodigy nails down a date, they will come online here and share?

Status
Not open for further replies.