• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy M4 - the good /the bad

I was hoping this is what I would find when I picked mine up, but not quite. I'd like for mine to be a little less understable :doh:

Same here. But I had the same issue with the D4 I got; it flies like a new star wraith, no turn hard left fade at the end.

M4 flies like a brand new z buzzz (not a buzzz ss).

Mine, a 179 Red proto M4, is pretty understable. If I put more than 250 ft of throw on it, it is going to come up from a slight hyzer roll over and finish right. I am liking the glide and line holding this disc has, I just wish that it started a bit less understable. The disc still has a chance to make the bag though. It does the high spin late flip shot better than my comets. I do see this disc being x-comet flippy by the time I get some wear on it though.

Same here. But I had the same issue with the D4 I got; it flies like a new star wraith, no turn hard left fade at the end.

M4 flies like a brand new z buzzz (not a buzzz ss).

I also had that problem with my D4. How did we both get weird M4's and D4's? :mad:

I was told by GG that the M4 was dead straight, and that is what I got on my 2 i ordered. The only time mine turned bad to the right I had obvious wrist roll causing it on accident.

Now when my buddy who throws with less power than me threw it, it definetly seemed to hyzer a bit for him, whereas for me it didn't. Maybe it's a higher speed midrange than the average midrange? i don't know.

It holds a nice Anny if I put it on the Anny line though, orange 179 M4. Generally throw on 250'-285' throws that I'd throw a buzzz SS on

It's possible I have bad form, but I was under the impression the M4 flew like a buzzz ss; that's not the case =/

I max out at 350' so I can understand why I'm not seeing US flight out of the D4.

Ps I fell in love with my M4 the first time I threw it I think it's gonna take my buzzz and mako3 out of my bag

Me too. Sadly, after my first day, I've added a nice little wrist roll to my tosses, and now i'm throwing it like crap. But still get a good one every once in a while. Monday is field work day, so should fix that issue.

Only issue is it holds the anny line a bit too well, if i over anny it at all, i get a nasty roll at the end, because it doesn't flatten at all (which is good, but have to change the way i throw anny's with it. Don't need as much as I used to with my rocs, since they'd always fade at the end and land flat. So i need to put less anny on to get the same resulting path (but more controlled)

Feels great in my hand though, so gives me confidence on my throws.

It's possible I have bad form, but I was under the impression the M4 flew like a buzzz ss; that's not the case =/

I max out at 350' so I can understand why I'm not seeing US flight out of the D4.

He just doesn't want to hear about any kind of inconsistent mold issues :p

My m4 is definitely understable. I like it enough to use it but it's just not going to be used when I thought I would be using it. :doh:

I was just messing with you but wrist roll can make a disc act completely different than its Spose too

I was just messing with you but wrist roll can make a disc act completely different than its Spose too

It's all good, I did have an issue with wrist roll not long ago that I corrected but it was causing things to turn and burn, most stuff now flies its intended paths.

Figured out what was the issue with my D4, it has the PLH of a D2.

Compared it against my buddies D1, D2, D3, and D4 and the closest was the D2.

M4 been working good for me though, hit a few more trees and it loves that sweet sweet anny line

I hope they make an M6, because the M4 is not understable at all. Fights out of an anhyzer quickly. Buzzz SS is a good comparison.

How would you compare the Prodigy M4 to a Westside Warship or Westside Tursas?

I throw the Latitude Pain (on windy days) and Westside Warship (on most days).....thought about getting a Tursas or M4....looking for advice on which one to get.

Latest posts