• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Production Champion Roc 3

Unless your reading comprehension was at a level to contemplate an explanation from the point of view that starts with a Warship and then modifies it, lightly implying the Roc3 is a modified Warship copy, and it certainly is from a plastic perspective...........

Roc 3

So i just got my roc 3s in i will be doing some tests in the field i throw my max weight japan open about 325-350, i picked up a bunch of protos will be testing how they fly 180 166 and 173 ;)

All 9 of my RC3 Rocs are crystal clear with nice grip and flat as a disc can be with out being concave I guess I just got lucky. Four are max weight one 177 two 176 one 175 and one 173 with that flag stamp. These are the real deal forsure the one I have been throwing is 176 grams and is straight to 300 with a nice smooth forward finish left. I challenged a steady 15 mph headwind and had no turn from flat release. I can't wait to beat the heck out of one to see what we get there. I hope they run the big birds with this same blend. Has anyone thrown the JO Rocs next to these? I didn't get one of those yet and would like to pick one up if they are the same run.

Unless your reading comprehension was at a level to contemplate an explanation from the point of view that starts with a Warship and then modifies it, lightly implying the Roc3 is a modified Warship copy, and it certainly is from a plastic perspective...........

the plastic might be similar but its a modified roc. last time i checked the roc was around before the warship.

I cancelled my order, they offered to hold me over for the next run (big bird ones) or to hold my place for the standard stamp when it comes out in february. I chose to cancel my order. All in all a good explanation by Chuck at GGGT. I won't blacklist their site due to the conversation I had with Chuck today, but they won't be my first place to order.

You could tell he really did feel bad about the situation, and did offer a handful of ways to try to appease me, so I'll give credit where it is due there. But i still think this could have been prevented, so still not happy.

BUT i didn't really need a straighter flying roc anyway, i want a more overstable than a kc roc, so it's probably in my best interest anyway....think i'll put this $45 toward a new bag now.

Edit: Also, they never charged my card, since they don't charge cards until shipment. So that is good too. Don't have to worry about any billbacks and such.

Roc- Uno, dos, tres!

Picked up a couple today:
176g Green & 180g Yellow:
bothYandG_zps24862eaf.jpg

Hopin' to get a couple more in a week or two!

from what I have thrown over these they are a little more stable (overstable) than kc pro rocs with better glide, anyone else throwing the protos too? How does yours fly?

I threw mine twice today, granted it was sloppy rainy and wet, it is noticeably faster and does have more glide than any roc I've had

I traded my domey ones in today for flatboys at league.

The flat ones are noticeably more overstable (at least the four I own) and I really like them so far.

I feel like I can still throw my buzzzes further but these are very trusty even into a head wind. Released flat they went dead straight into a headwind with a late fade to the ground.

I'm impressed...

Why would anyone need more then 2 of these. Ive been trying to get 1 at a decent price, but all the disc hogs bought them all up. They either are going to take pictures of them, and whack off to them on here(look I got 9 or I got 7). Or put them on ebay and jack up the price, what a bunch of jerks. The dealers should limit 1 Bird stamp to customer, then maybe we all might have a chance to get one.

Why would anyone need more then 2 of these. Ive been trying to get 1 at a decent price, but all the disc hogs bought them all up. They either are going to take pictures of them, and whack off to them on here(look I got 9 or I got 7). Or put them on ebay and jack up the price, what a bunch of jerks. The dealers should limit 1 Bird stamp to customer, then maybe we all might have a chance to get one.

this is one of the funniest and best posts ever.

roc 3s

so a follow up to my post i went an did some field testing to let everyone know my 180 proto flew almost identical to my 180 japan roc, proto was a little more stable but my japan is beaten in already, the 173 i through was almost dead straight, and the 166 had a nice turnover good for soft anyhyzer. what i love most about these rocs is in a head wind i can get them to go straight and not flip. 300+ roc thrower ;)

I kinda see where you are coming from. But you really can't blame people for reselling these for a profit. And if you think this is bad, wait until the Big Birds come out. Im NOT getting my hopes up to get one of those.

I hear ya.....Drives me nuts! Well, I'm off to the bathroon for several minutes. After that, I'm off to ebay to sell some discs ;)

Peace!

Latest posts