• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Production Champion Roc 3

I picked these two gems off of feebay. Also at a decent price.
KGrHqRo4FDNvigJbBQ-FYP1k760_57_zps74b843fb.jpg

KGrHqNhkFDwGgTLGBQ9MMv5ijw60_57_zps9b09cb6f.jpg

These out of the box were stable to slightly over stable, in heavier weights, so i would imagine that with time, and some tree love, that these would mature into a nice turn over/hold the line kind of disc. This process might take a few more trees to help it along, because this new champion blend is stiff!

I wanted to try throwing a lighter Roc3 (my original thrower is double stamped proto star, super flat dayglo & marked 174, but weighs in at 176) and happened to find a handful of light Roc3 Big Bird double stamps at my local PIAS today. Upon taking one out for test flight today, I found that the lighter one (blue marked with true weight of 167, not quite as flat) was quite a bit more overstable than the flatter proto star. I can shape lines with the 174 flat top, but the 167 fades much stronger and quicker.

Anyone noticing uneven flash removal on their proto or bbird?
DGR Turso pointed it out to me. I haven't checked all of mine but 2/2 uneven so far.

Makes sense: it is awesome plastic.

Makes me think we'll see entirely different plastic on prods.

Last edited:
Anyone noticing uneven flash removal on their proto or bbird?
DGR Turso pointed it out to me. I haven't checked all of mine but 2/2 uneven so far.

Makes sense: it is awesome plastic.

Makes me think we'll see entirely different plastic on prods.

Yeah one of mine had some serious chunks missing. It's like they cut off the flashing with a sawz-all or something

Disc golf values has a few very rare Vegas Roc3's. They are hybrid Champy/Star Ontario Rocs. These are all see through red colored discs with a random rainbow foil stamp. All are max weight at 180g. Hurry hurry.

Roc3 Ontario mold? Innova has been quoted saying roc3 has its name because it is the third version of the rancho mold.
Those are probably champy star ontarios.

Thanks for the heads up! I picked up a 167 BB today (last at my store of the first run) and I wanted one to actually put in my bag and one to keep clean

I bought 3 double stamped big birds yesterday at my local PIAS. They had one that was double stamped with something completely random, but they were holding it for someone.

hahah and meanwhile im throwin the **** out of my japan national roc tryna break it in. i should have just been BUYING rocs !