• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Progress on course in Prescott,AZ?

Are you talking about Camp Stein? I keep trying toget in touch with Bianca there to get on. Let us know if that's the camp.

The camp IS off Copper Basin, on Pearlstein road(a right). The caretaker will most likely want to talk. His name is Dave. He has a tendency to hover but he's the boss, so best show respect. Don't bother carrying any drivers, it's that short. The course zig zags up and down the hill along the road. The tee-pads are poorly marked with orange plastic rebar caps. After #4 you'll have to cross the outdoor auditorium to get to #5. #7's tee-pad is uphill of #6's basket and is a blind 200' shot off to the right a bit. Beware the thorns. For Christ sake! Beware the thorns! If there was ever a hole made for a thumber, #7 is it. Having never found #9's tee-pad I play the #9 basket from #8's tee-pad(straight downhill towards the road). Enjoy.

In reference to lion's question... I don't know for sure but I'm willing to wager it is one and the same.

Played Camp Pearlstein yesterday. Forgot how steep and slippery the course is, also how early the sun goes down up there. Hit the basket on #7 w/ a thumber from the tee! Put a 2" crack in my K.C. Pro Roc's face. I've never seen that happen. It's not like I threw it very hard, the hole is only maybe 200'. Oh well, sigh. An ace would've gone a long way towards easing the grieving process. My entire intent of this message was to mention that volunteers would be appreciated at Watson Lake Saturday Dec.15th @ 9:00 a.m. in helping with the installation of Prescott's first basket course. Be a hero.

Sorry about the loss of the ROC. I would love to help out with installation, Ive always wanted to help out with that. Unfortunately I have military duty this weekend and cannot help this weekend.

Thinking of playing in prescott in January for a day during the week barring bad weather. I will try to play 5-6 courses in the prescott area. I've talk to 4 camps with disc golf and they all seem like good possibilities, plus the new Watson lake course and school of gulch should make for a full day. Anyone else think they could play all day during a week day?

They received a good amount of snow yesterday and as a result were forced to reschedule the install.

Last edited:
Just talked to the man with the plan, Shooting for the 20th(Thursday) @ 8:30, but if weather isn't cooperative then it looks like it'll be pushed back until next year.

The weather prognosticators say it will be sunny on Thursday, assuming that holds true, any able bodies wanting to participate in setting up the baskets and tee-pads for Prescott's first basket course should show up at Watson Lake around 8 on Thursday. The snow in the city is all but gone, but I see can still see some on the mountains. No tools required, but I would bring some work gloves.

Sounds like I will start to plan my road trip to prescott in January.

Nonexistent. Looks like the set-up date is getting set back until after the New Year. I did meet some friends up there and we threw what will be the course eventually. Manzanita has an excellent map that includes not only tee-pads and baskets, but topography indicators, and distance measurements all superimposed over a hi-res satellite image of the course. I think it will be a fun course. Very open, some nice elevation changes, plays on the shorter side, with the longest hole being 383'. Very muddy from the snow melt. The kind of mud that builds up on your shoe until you can no longer lift your feet. Think La Brea tar pits, but instead of dinosaurs, picture disc golfers.

Also worth mentioning if you are looking for plastic when you're up here in Prescott- Manzanita started carrying Discraft as well as INNOVA and DiscMania Discs. They hooked me up with the map and I barely got out of there before buying a FLX ESP Buzz and/or a 12X Champion TeeBird.