• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Progress on course in Prescott,AZ?

Well that's bad news.

Manzanita has moved to the Albertson's strip mall-amagiggy. Behind Starbucks'.
On a side note: After playing Watson Lake(minus the baskets) I chased down a lead that there was a basket course at Emery Riddle.
Baskets, yes. Course, no. So to recap: I played a nine hole course today with no baskets, and found nine baskets with no course.

They're on casters, and right next to a practice field. Truth be told I was ready to roll one out and make my own course, but my accompaniments feared incarceration.
I did just get the O.K. from a Miss Amy at Camp Yavapines to play their course today. Might be pretty messy. There is still some snow and where there isn't snow there is mud. I should be getting new plastic in the mail today, which means I have to go throw. Any takers?

Just finished playing Yavapines twice. Really enjoyable course. Nice tees/baskets. Excellent layout. I brought only putters and midranges and found them to be long enough, but I'll probably pack a fairway driver next time. My only complaint is I didn't play this course sooner.

Yavapines is uploaded and has been for awhile. The trick is to play all 4 of the camps with courses. I've known of the courses for years and just need an excuse to play them. It will happen.

You should upload the course to this site. That would be pretty cool.

Emmanuel pines has a 18 hole course and the other is prescott pines. I believe prescott pines charges 5 dollars and u sign a waiver.

Thanks Lion, I'll have to check out Prescott Pines. Camp Emmanuel's course has steel pipes with dangling chains for baskets. I have a lead on a home-made basket course up Thumb-Butte rd. I'm going to investigate today. Yavapines course was a very pleasant surprise.

I want to play them all.

Couldn't get up Thumb Butte road to investigate said 'home-made basket course'. The snow has made it too too sloppy. I did get to play Conocido down in the valley. The grass is dead down there, which means rollers not only go a mile, but that you can find them again. Which is nice. There are very few if any opportunities to throw rollers up here in Prescott, whereas there isn't a hole you couldn't throw a roller on at Conocido.(?) I imagine things are going to have to get a whole lot drier around here before the city will do anything towards completion of the Watson Lake course. It's a quagmire, literally.

I was learning rollers at Conocido the other day, funny you should mention it. Also there are like 2 or 3 new cement teepads here. Looks like they can switch it up for tourneys and whathaveyou.

I was also able to coerce my dad (lifelong ball golfer) to come try his hand as disc golf. For his first time he did really well! It was the first time he'd ever seen his sons play and I think he was impressed =)

Shoot Chillis, I bet we crossed paths, there were probably 40+ people out there. My parents live up the street, so I'll definitely be playing there more now that I know there is a course three blocks away. I would've gotten lost and or struck by a drive(s) had it not been for a local lefty who went by the name Ed. Possibly Big Ed(?). Thanks Ed.

Probably! I've been to Conocido a lot lately. I do really dig that park but it is frustrating when there's a ton of golfers. The design flaws of the crossing paths are highlighted and can sometimes detract from the round. Great place to practice rollers, though!

Kind of off topic, but would you guys recommend Fountain Hills or Vista? I've been to neither, but I really want to play one of them. Thanks.

I can recommend both! They're both tops in the Valley if you ask me. Added bonus: grass! Bring a golf towel with you to both courses because they both have water and one has goose poop by the wheelbarrow full.

FH is a great challenge as the water is in play on over half the holes. Good mix of hole types and there is some good distance here and if it's windy you could be in for a demoralizing round. Also, do NOT go here on a weekend....there are TONS of pedestrians (read: old people and families putzing around).

Vista is awesome and if you haven't been then you're missing out. Stop by Spinners on the Green and pick up a new disc or some swag! Most of the hole here are straight up, dodging trees in between the tee and basket. Great challenge throwing over the water! (1, 9, 11, 18)

Latest posts