• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Progress on course in Prescott,AZ?

I've not gotten to play Fountain Hills as of yet, but I can attest that Vista is a fun course. I'd like to go to there(again). Especially now that the grass is dead. All I can recall from the last time(and the only time) I played Vista is that it felt as if the course was located in a wind tunnel, that and my friend about hurled after retrieving his disc from goose poop infested waters. Bring a pair of flip flops and an extra towel or two.

Still too wet/sloppy for the city workers to install I am speculating. On a Prescott disc golf related note: Prescott Pines course is closed to individuals not attending a group retreat. Double Harrumph.

O.K. Saturday January 5th Prescott will be installing baskets and tee-pads starting around 8:00 a.m. at Watson Lake. Any help would be welcomed and appreciated.

Tomorrow morning 9:00(not 8:00) at Watson Lake. Installing baskets, tee-pads. Bad news... it'll will probably be muddy. Good news... the mud will definitely be frozen.

I was just up there for three days. It's going to be cold. I woke up today at my house south of Lynx Lake and it was 6 degrees outside.

Pads are completed but they're going to let the concrete set up around the basket poles until probably Tuesday, when they will also have the signage ready to install.

Bolting on the baskets Tuesday @ 2:00. By this time tomorrow Prescott will have a city sanctioned Disc Golf course!

Just completed the first 9 ever played at Prescott's Watson Lake course. I'm just happy to have baskets and tee-pads so my opinion on the course's overall appeal will have to wait until the high has worn off, and I've rid myself of all the foxtails.

I'll be giving it the old college try here shortly. I should state I've not much..umm.. college-ing. I have the distances and a nifty map I could upload. I have work on the table, so it'll have to wait until later. I will say looking back at yesterday's round that the course plays short and easy(no ceiling). I'm not a particularly good player, mediocre at best for my age and experience I'd say. I finished with three birdies, even a few ace runs, and whereas I did record a bogey, it was on #1, my first shot of the day, and I was just way too pumped and pulled it. I'm already looking at the map and configuring a back 9 consisting of only long baskets(500'+). Looks to be easy with the existing layout.

For the lazy: http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=115110

I think it's great Prescott is finally doing something "official" for disc golf. I guess, going with the 9-hole layout, they're attempting to appeal to the widest range of current (and rookie!) disc golfers. Problem is, because of the short nature of the layout it pales in comparison to what's already available in P-town. Although I'm very glad they've decided to install the course complete with baskets, teepads, and signage, I doubt I'll forgo a round @ School House Gulch to play Watson Lake. It really is a shame they couldn't move forward with the Goldwater Lake idea. That could've been something special!

Does anyone feel the same way? Or am I just a jerk for not appreciating what the city and people of PDGC have provided?

Latest posts