• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Proposed Course in South Jersey Facing Opposition - Help Needed DGCR

I also reported their page for "Harassing me or someone I know." Not sure it will do anything but it can't hurt.

It is funny to read some of the posts on their where they are arguing or having a conversation with themselves because they deleted all of the other posts. My favorite being "you're wrong" which is now in response to their own post.

Last edited:
I just tossed in my two cents, and it's not antagonistic, IMO.

I'm hoping they don't outright delete my comment based on my location. This course is in my region and closer to where I work and I have friends that live in Camden County. I will be playing this course when it goes in.

That said, let's see how long my post lasts.

can't edit my first post

I know, but a mod could. Anyone popping into this thread right now has a good chance of missing the link to the good guys' facebook page, and at this point one of the only things people can do to help is like that page.

they are ridiculous. Is there a sign anywhere that offroading isn't allowed. My brother-in-law will gladly take his jeep through any trails on the park, lol

Seeing as it was a mod that posted that link in the first place, I think I can accommodate :)

So far they've actually engaged me instead of outright deleting my comments. Interesting. Again, we'll see how long it lasts.

yeah definitely. I have to log in with my father in laws fb to check out some of the comments. I'm refraining from posting from his account though.

It's as if they think people won't travel to play the course anyways. They don't know that some people travel the whole country to play different courses..

If they love nature so much they should just go to Longwood Gardens, the NY Botanical Garden...

I'm sending you a PM now.

In the meantime:

From me:
I certainly understand and respect where you're coming from. IMO, this argument comes down to just how the word "PRESERVED" is to be interpreted. Regardless, would you consider working on developing signage and other educational tools to alert disc golfers, dog walkers, etc. to their natural surroundings?

Their response (indicating a total unwillingness to work with anyone):
That is already too late. There has been tree cutting going on for 3 weeks. The educational part should have started before the work started. Some extremely rare chestnut trees have been taken down.

Okay but still. Timber Creek is not some famous place where people are going to line up to check out some chestnut trees. Who's to say there won't be a tornado tomorrow that will wipe out all the trees anyways

By that logic you could just clear cut all the rainforests. I'm not trying to argue with you, but for the debate to remain civil the pro-course points need to be very well thought out.

edit: Brian and William are doing a great job of that on their page right now. I hope they don't delete that.

I think it's odd how none of these members went to any meetings or discussions about the possible disc golf course. For them being so wrapped up in nature what happened

Latest posts