• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Proposed Course in South Jersey Facing Opposition - Help Needed DGCR

No wonder these lunatics think it's a dog exclusive park. Good luck folks. Between the crazy dog walkers, crazy orchid hunters, the crazy 'Bohemian Sunrise' bandmates, and the lingering scent of self tanner and bleach, I'm no longer interested in New Jersey. If you lose your course, you're always welcome in the Midwest.

I love the idea of putting ONE in, to focus our camera on for a few days... Thank you!

No problem, Adam. If you are able to get a trail camera setup you may want to consider positioning it at one of the cross country signs if they have an upcoming race. He would be less suspicious and might be more likely to go after them as he done in the past. All we need is some solid proof that this guy is vandalizing or stealing stuff in the park.

As for the meeting on Thursday, if anyone is able to go that would be awesome. You may want to consider bringing up this quote made by the opposition:

Save Timber Creek FB Page said:
Let's state it outright. The reason all the proponents of disc golf want, all of a sudden, our cooperation is because you're worried. You're worried that you screwed up damaging important areas of a significant park. You're worried that you have angered a motivated community of users and stewards. You're worried that opposition is coalescing, so you advocate for open dialogue on a partisan facebook page when you have your own facebook page that no one outside of the disc golf community cares about. You're worried that you have a community of non-residents in direct conflict with County residents who pay taxes. You're worried that your continued destruction of this park has been put on hold. You think by acting concerned for nature that you will appear to be reasonable people with a reasonable cause. You think that by getting into a cooperative dialogue you will create an environment whereby the project can be, at the very least, tolerated by everyone and should move forward.

What you just don't get is that we will never work with you on this project. What you just don't get is that we will never stop fighting the installation of this travesty. What you don't get is that there are organizations and agencies you don't even know exist working to stop this course. What you just don't get is that this course will never be built.

So, you might as well give your fingers a rest. We will never care what you have to say in support of this course. If you want to express support for the course visit the Timber Creek Disc Golf facebook page. If you think this an unreasonable position, that's your right. Go tell your story on that page. It is our right to control this page. I will never be ashamed of being called unreasonable in defense of nature.

Ask the politicians if this is someone they really want to be associated with. Are they (the politicians) a representative of the whole community or a select few? Do they want to be recognized as a public figure that is eager to work with everybody in the county or one that supports an extremely close minded and one sided opinion? The opposition has literally spelled out that they are not open to a "cooperative dialogue." Doesn't sound like a group most politicians want to be allied with, so use this against them at the meeting.

They live in New Jersey and these "environmentalists" are stopping a disc golf course. Uhh...excuse me? Shouldn't you be far more concerned with whatever else is polluting NJ, not people walking in a park?

I vote for this to be the post of the year! Anyone who knows about New Jersey should get a huge chuckle out of this. :hfive:

Scunham I'm pretty sure this is from the annual parks and rec budget. I'm almost 100% positive they would never raise taxes to put in a disc golf course. Now that would just piss off everyone including myself! My NJ property taxes are way to high!

Scunham I'm pretty sure this is from the annual parks and rec budget. I'm almost 100% positive they would never raise taxes to put in a disc golf course. Now that would just piss off everyone including myself! My NJ property taxes are way to high!

yeah that's what I was thinking...

hawk12
Basically, we are on hold as they gather more information, environmental studies, state input...

Also, Freeholder Jeff Nash said that emails have shown support and opposition - so please email Jeff Nash with you support of the course.

email address: [email protected]

Please post this email on your local message boards as well, lets use that and social media to help out your fellow disc golfers, and get another course in the ground. Be positive, and explain any disc golf benefits you see fit.
Thank you for your support!

we are back up! Please express your opinions to Jeff. I emailed him this morning with my support from my wife and I

Just read this on a different forum

Just saw a large spot on chanel 10 news about the disc golf course going in at Timber Creek. It talked about the course, dates to be completed, cost ect. It also said that 20 trees would be removed and that 40 would be replanted. Hope this clears up your issues. It certainly looks like everything is a go.

I can help

If you are spearheading this effort please contact me through the PDGA.com contact page - Course Directory Editor. Please shoot me your phone number in that email and I will give you a call. I can help you with this.

Thanks, Cliff Towne
PDGA Course Directory Editor

With all aside I hope clearer heads prevail in this. That guy is a wacko and is probably not the best steward of this park since really he has no clue as to how nature works. I wish you all the best and hopefully this will be a new course that becomes a top place to visit.

Yeah that Chris guy sounds like he's got stacks and stacks of newspapers piled up in his house with dozens of cats in every other nook and cranny. All the while he meanders through the house mumbling:

"protect nature, ha! I'm an ambassador for the environment, yes, yes, mmmmmm, defacto owner, mmmmm, and the, and the, and the, the, the foxes, HEY! the fox, disc golfers preserve, can't preserve, preserve forever, spilled milk, preserve the park.

Latest posts