• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Proto M3....going to be the new M2?

PuttyMcplaidPants

Bogey Member
Pardon me if I missed a thread on this, but I did search first this time.... :D

I remember reading somewhere that the early versions of the Prodigy M3 were more over stable than they wanted, and it was going to be used as the M2 mold going forward. Is this correct or is my Proto M3 going to be the same in the future?

Want to know what to buy if I need more like this one....

:confused:

You are correct. The M3 Protos are being changed to the M2. The "true" M3 will only be released in a stock stamp so any protos you have with M3 inked in the rim are actually M2s. While this is a pain, at least they're easily identified.

You are correct. The M3 Protos are being changed to the M2. The "true" M3 will only be released in a stock stamp so any protos you have with M3 inked in the rim are actually M2s. While this is a pain, at least they're easily identified.

So the first run stamped ones are like the M2 as well?

I asked a similar question earlier today in the M3 thread. I ordered a first run last night. I guess I'll see if its different when it gets here and report back. Got some production run M4's coming too. Love that disc.

So the first run stamped ones are like the M2 as well?

Yes. What says First Run M3 is really the M2. The only M3 that is a "true" M3 is the version with a production stamp.

I asked a similar question earlier today in the M3 thread. I ordered a first run last night. I guess I'll see if its different when it gets here and report back. Got some production run M4's coming too. Love that disc.

As I said above, if it isn't a production stamp M3, it's really a M2.

Yes. What says First Run M3 is really the M2. The only M3 that is a "true" M3 is the version with a production stamp.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 12.39.14 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 12.39.14 pm.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 238

Awesome, I was a little curious because I have the pink M3g that I replaced my proto with. I remembered the protos were OS but wasnt sure about the First run.

Awesome, I've been wanting to try an M2 now it appears I already have lol

Well balls. No I've got to pick up some of the new M3's :)

Yeah....see it was all planned from the beginning......we all get M3s, like them buy more, then they tell us they're wrong and actually M2s so we all run out to get more M3s lol

This has been confirmed! I actually work at a Play It Again Sports in Michigan and we carry Prodigy! They sent out an e-mail saying that the current M3 will become the M2 and the unreleased M2 will come out as the M3. This is VERY interesting and i was shocked when i heard this. What i am wondering is if the old M3 (now the M2) will be worth some money with the proto/first run stamps? Because if it is then I'm in luck. We have 15 of the old M3's with the proto stamp on them in stock here and I may end up buying a few to put away!

dear lord, this is why you shouldnt be selling prototypes. THEY ARE PROTOTYPES. Save it for first runs.

or atleast sell prototypes at half cost. not the price gouging your are doing.

dear lord, this is why you shouldnt be selling prototypes. THEY ARE PROTOTYPES. Save it for first runs.

or atleast sell prototypes at half cost. not the price gouging your are doing.

people don't have to spend $20 for each proto. They are FLOCKING to do so. Prodigy isn't forcing this on anyone

regardless of who is selling it for what, it's SELLING. We live in a CAPITALIST MARKET. If it was truly priced too high, there would be thousands of dusty discs on store shelves. Don't blame Prodigy or even the retailers, blame each and every disc golfer that is buying these by the handful - which they have every right to do.

Prodigy isn't the one charging $20. It's the retailers. I love that Prodigy shoulders that blame.

What is the prodigy MSRP? I would guess they are charging the retailers more then other companies, which means the retailers have to charge more.

people don't have to spend $20 for each proto. They are FLOCKING to do so. Prodigy isn't forcing this on anyone

No one is forcing them. But it is a ****ty buisness move to be relasing discs under a name and then changing the name and design ont he fly like they are especially with the reputationt hey have already. It just shows how unprepared and unorganized, and every other un-word you can think of, they are.

Their MSRP is under 20. I bought a PA4 Proto for 18 at my local proshop. I'm just tired of people blaming Prodigy for retailer greed opportunity. It's as common as the "discs aren't even round" argument that has been corrected for months.

I have no problem with people hating on Prodigy. I just want them to educate themselves on the matter first. Bringing up tired, invalid arguments isn't productive. You know why I hate Prodigy? Because my neighbor kicked my dog.

...it is a ****ty buisness move to be relasing discs under a name and then changing the name and design on the fly like they are especially with the reputation they have already...

Like they're the first company to do that.