• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Prototype Driver Am Worlds 2016

ThomasOrion

* Ace Member *
Just got this disc. Madison, WI stamp Am Worlds. Feels like a mix between an Innova Starfire and a Discraft Nuke, or like a mini crank/ avenger combo.
anybody know what this is all about?

I haven't thrown it yet but by pure guess its 11/5/-1/2 ish

Its wide diameter but no wider rim than a wraith, its like a crank but more upright on the bottom, likely more stable overall, I like the design, just hope it flies

Lol I intended to post this thread too. I have zero info myself but am also curious. Haven't had a chance to throw it yet. Might this weekend?

its a lot like my Trespass but maybe wider and not quite as fast. Probably glidey with a fairly decent hyzer fade. haha just guessing. I putt with it from 40 in my yard. Feels overall stable. again guess 11/5/-1/2 ish hope I'm close

Proto driver

I would put the numbers at 11 6 -1 1. Maybe even -0.5 on the turn. Lots of glide very straight flyer. Need Discraft ro name itand get it approved.

Wow, so my guess was pretty spot on! awesome. I heard, longer heat, straighter Flash, but this disc is WAY bigger feeling than a Flash. Its almost identical to my trespass but not as pointy and it has an X-Wing, and a micro bead on the bottom. It feels good, but the Z plastic is solid , so great for summer weather, but not so much in the colder months as the plastic is rock solid

Wow, so my guess was pretty spot on! awesome. I heard, longer heat, straighter Flash, but this disc is WAY bigger feeling than a Flash. Its almost identical to my trespass but not as pointy and it has an X-Wing, and a micro bead on the bottom. It feels good, but the Z plastic is solid , so great for summer weather, but not so much in the colder months as the plastic is rock solid

So you're using the opinion of the one comment above yours to confirm your guess? Seems awfully random. I'd probably give more credence to the opinion of Michael Jo, than Joe Blow.

Well I made a guess and somebody else had very similar #'s to give it. So i guess No, I'm not confirming that's what it is I'm simply saying my guess was close to what another experienced. I will do some tetsting this week and report with my opinions. This isn't a debate or election its a disc...so. Not THAT serious.

So I got out to the field yesterday to do some work with my drivers. I tested this Driver on several different shot types in all angles of wind and here is my report:

The disc is definitely smooth. I would rate it overall as Speed:11 Glide:5 Initial HighSpeedStability: -1 CruisingStability:-0.5 LowSpeedStability: 2 . In Innova flight #'s I'd say: 11/5/-2/1 Discraft: 1.0

It was a solid feel, fairly wide diameter disc, moderate wide rim (similar to a Trespass but not as fast/pointy edge)

The Flight would take a small and smooth turn for the first 50% of the flight but nothing overly flippy then held straight and began a fade (hyzer) back to center with a moderate finish with the disc shape allowing for some skip.

It held decent into a headwind of about 8-12mph, the disc did turn more especially with added power. Still not overly turning into the ground but rather a Left to Right flight (RHBH) and still a hyzer finish, End placement approx 330ft slight right of center (into this headwind)

Into a tailwind of the same degree it would fly very straight and have a more pronounced hyzer. Overall straight finish or Left of center.

Handled Anhyzers well, took a beautiful flight

Smooth Hyzers, still finished hyzer fairly strong, but not overly stable-OS,

I think this disc can be a hit, its not super wide rimmed, its easy to hold and control, great flight. This disc was a 174g firm Z plastic.
I could see the Big Z blend being great, ESP may get a lil understable at times, but thats not a bad thing.
This isn't a Flippy disc. I would say it is a Faster/Glidier Innova Sidewinder, and thats pretty sweet I think

This disc could be some players max D disc, though I feel there are plenty of further flying discs out there, since it's not as wide rimmed as a Destroyer or Katana - type disc its more comfortable. I feel confident in my #'s in the review.

Sounds like a Surge, or maybe a Krait.

Honestly if you mix those two together, thats about it.

The surge for me (174g in ESP) was a bit flippy and not trusty in the wind, this disc seems to have better mid to late stability for now. I had a Krait for some time before losing at the water at BRP last year :(

I'd say this has a little more turn mid-flight than the Krait but equal to the fade. So yeah thats a great comparison!

They say its a longer Heat / Straighter Flash, and I see that completely

Latest posts