• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Puckin futters

And so here we are again. I have been digging the P2s A LOT! Recently they began feeling not so comfy in the hand .... It was a struggle to get comfortable with them in the first place and then as I get better and my grip(s) change they're just not. They're still my putter for now but I am testing Aviars. They feel good, they're slimmer (not a bad thing with the recent attempts to change the putting stroke) so a Champion Aviar will be the thrower and 2 DX will be for putting. Still bagging the Zone for OS and approach putter needs. I am sure there are mixed feelimgs on the Aviar bit the hope is that they'll make me learn to be more true in my approach to DG in genereal. Also I don't want to bag more than 2 putter molds.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

And so here we are again. I have been digging the P2s A LOT! Recently they began feeling not so comfy in the hand .... It was a struggle to get comfortable with them in the first place and then as I get better and my grip(s) change they're just not. They're still my putter for now but I am testing Aviars. They feel good, they're slimmer (not a bad thing with the recent attempts to change the putting stroke) so a Champion Aviar will be the thrower and 2 DX will be for putting. Still bagging the Zone for OS and approach putter needs. I am sure there are mixed feelimgs on the Aviar bit the hope is that they'll make me learn to be more true in my approach to DG in genereal. Also I don't want to bag more than 2 putter molds.

If you like the P2 flight but want a slimmer or flatter grip, you might try the Aviar3. The Av3 has recently come out in new plastics, as well.

I never felt the need to buy a putter in champion-type-plastic. I can make that shot no prob with a champ-glow gator and it doubles as my FH upshot disc.

If you like the P2 flight but want a slimmer or flatter grip, you might try the Aviar3. The Av3 has recently come out in new plastics, as well.
The regular PnA is plenty slim, I rather like the shape of a traditional putter.

I never felt the need to buy a putter in champion-type-plastic. I can make that shot no prob with a champ-glow gator and it doubles as my FH upshot disc.
I bought it in champ just to have the stability extremes DX on the US side Champ on the OS side. Also, I have my approach disc, its a Zone and it doesn't fill the same role as my putters.

My brother uses a Metal Flake Champion Gator for his driving putter slot just fine, he has a G Star Gator for approach shots as well as uphill/downhill and cliff putts when the DX Stud is not the disc to use as you want the disc to stick to the ground. My brother had a old mid 2000's DX flat top Gator for his putter for a long time that he supplemented with a fresh disc in late 2000's for approach shots from further then he wanted to actual putt from but the one Gator was old and on last legs, the other was not beat to make a good putter yet so he got the DX Stud being it is the closest mold Innova makes to a DX Gator but as a true putter height mold.

Today I tested the Aviar out in the yard.

Putting: much less stable at the end than a P2. Not super noticeable in circle 1 but in circle 2 and out it's evident. Much slimmer than the P2. Easy to grip, clean release.

Throwing: much less stable than P2 and is noticable for the entire flight. Super easy, natural feel. Turnovers for days, this disc goes where I tell it to unless I juice it too hard or mess my release up. I was impressed with how the Aviar just sits; even in champion plastic. One major thing I noticed today was how much farther I can get my Aviars with far less effort, I can fan grip it and still get the distance and line I want.

All in all it was a good day of testing. Will continue testing but this classic is fantastic.

Today I tested the Aviar out in the yard.

Putting: much less stable at the end than a P2. Not super noticeable in circle 1 but in circle 2 and out it's evident. Much slimmer than the P2. Easy to grip, clean release.

Throwing: much less stable than P2 and is noticable for the entire flight. Super easy, natural feel. Turnovers for days, this disc goes where I tell it to unless I juice it too hard or mess my release up. I was impressed with how the Aviar just sits; even in champion plastic. One major thing I noticed today was how much farther I can get my Aviars with far less effort, I can fan grip it and still get the distance and line I want.

All in all it was a good day of testing. Will continue testing but this classic is fantastic.

Just to clarify based on your earlier posts: this is an Aviar P&A you're testing? Or an Aviar Classic?

Just to clarify based on your earlier posts: this is an Aviar P&A you're testing? Or an Aviar Classic?
This was in reference to the PnA mold. I have been throwing an older classic as well but it's not mine and I don't want to thrash it. I am digging the classic as well and plan on testing that specific mold more.

I ordered 10 classic aviars from the F2 shop for my wife and girls. They were only like 5 a piece with free shipping.
I like to throw 'em around ever now and then. Great disc.
Nothing beats a P-line P2 though. I never have less than 4 bagged. Usually 5.

I've been using a Wizard Organic outside the circle and Justice Prime (I know it's not a putter) inside the circle straddle putts. I know exactly where it's going depending on any mild winds.

I havent been putting this good ever to be honest. More confident maybe.

My brother uses a Metal Flake Champion Gator for his driving putter slot just fine, he has a G Star Gator for approach shots as well as uphill/downhill and cliff putts when the DX Stud is not the disc to use as you want the disc to stick to the ground. My brother had a old mid 2000's DX flat top Gator for his putter for a long time that he supplemented with a fresh disc in late 2000's for approach shots from further then he wanted to actual putt from but the one Gator was old and on last legs, the other was not beat to make a good putter yet so he got the DX Stud being it is the closest mold Innova makes to a DX Gator but as a true putter height mold.

I just got a flat-top champ glow from infinite that I'm really into.
It goes straight as an arrow fith zero chance of turning over when I crank on it flat.
Hyzers, flexshots and rollers are no prob either.
I heard it used to belong to a wizard.

More Aviar testing. Mostly PnA mold again. Putts dead straight and they were dropping tonight. Throwing it is finnicky sometimes. I can't crank on it at all like my P2s but it is nice and smooth. I can't get my P2s to not pan out of an anny without really putting some heat on it and then it isn't really a useful throw. I can throw easy, fan grip annys with the Aviar and it is b-e-a-youteeful. The slimmer feel and less stability are actually working okay for my putt. More testing tomorrow will be basket only gonna putt two perfect putt 360 rounds one with each mold and see what happens.

I just got a flat-top champ glow from infinite that I'm really into.
It goes straight as an arrow fith zero chance of turning over when I crank on it flat.
Hyzers, flexshots and rollers are no prob either.
I heard it used to belong to a wizard.

Well dose the Champion 3 Gator you got do what the old DX Flat top did and seem to drop out of the sky on drives, that was the reason my bother used that specific disc for putting a old 2000's Flat top DX Gator for years untill I got him a new putter that is s close to a new DX Gator in the DX Stud. He loves his Metal Flake Champion Gator for the same reason, the disc is near flat top so one can not throw the mold that far, works for his driving putter slot because for a putter off the tee he does not need it to go far and it will stop after a set distance for him. He has never used a true driving putter as he has found the Gator for that, at one point using a new DX Gator for that as well as approach to long putter. Npw he has a G star Gator for approach to long putter.

I have not used a driving putter for a while as I was looking for the disc with the same flight as a Classic ROC and the Stud was not out yet so I settled on the Shark for my driving putter later getting the Shark 3 for a better midrange.

Last edited:
More Aviar testing. Mostly PnA mold again. Putts dead straight and they were dropping tonight. Throwing it is finnicky sometimes. I can't crank on it at all like my P2s but it is nice and smooth. I can't get my P2s to not pan out of an anny without really putting some heat on it and then it isn't really a useful throw. I can throw easy, fan grip annys with the Aviar and it is b-e-a-youteeful. The slimmer feel and less stability are actually working okay for my putt. More testing tomorrow will be basket only gonna putt two perfect putt 360 rounds one with each mold and see what happens.

Have you tried the PnA in Star? I picked up a 165ish g Star PnA as an experiment to possibly pair with a Star max wt big bead for driving. It flew marginally less stable in the calm, but I could not trust it with any kind of wind. Man the star big bead is an awesome thrower though.

Have you tried the PnA in Star? I picked up a 165ish g Star PnA as an experiment to possibly pair with a Star max wt big bead for driving. It flew marginally less stable in the calm, but I could not trust it with any kind of wind. Man the star big bead is an awesome thrower though.
I have been considering Aviar in star. I have a Champ and it feels puffy.

Hit the course for the third time today with aviars over P2s. I haven't given up on P2 yet but the Aviar goes significantly further with much less effort. I can't get the P2 to finish right and I can the Aviar. I am far more confident on running 30'-40' putts and drawing metal on most putts with the Aviar. Obvious difference is the shoulder and stability but I do like the point-and-shoot-ness of the Aviar so there's that. I really want to try the tour series plastic when I am not such a broke bum.

Not gonna sell of the old P2 stack just yet but Aviars are in the bag. The disc compliments my game so much while also simplifying my approach to the game it is by far the most comfortable putter I have picked up. I feel like I should have picked one up much sooner.

I went from p2 to aviar as well, then to classics. Classics are even straighter. Really is a laser straight disc out to about 40'.
Like the classics for a natural turnover throw. For me it's about the PnA right now. Got a few glows on the way, see how theyll work out with a touch of added stability.

Latest posts