• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Pure plastic question

pastorcoco

Bogey Member
I have fallen in love with the Pure. I have 2 zero sorts I use for putting and I liked them so much I bought a 3rd zero soft for up shots. My question is, should I stick with the zero soft for up shots or would another plastic be better? What plastic will be the best for sticking where it lands?

Soft will be the best for hit and stick.
I do not putt with pures.
I have an opto that i throw a lot.
But if it's raining and cold I switch it out for a hard.
The opto is definitely more stable, and i need to adjust my throw when using the zero.

I use a TM2 for upshots and RGL for short straight drives. I've found neither really slide far for me as I try to play the fade of the RGL. Surface around the baskets around here is pretty grassy too. I might just be a bit spoiled by that though.

Get an Opto. It is a great plastic for drives and upshots. Plus it will wear more slowly. GL would be a close second, but will wear a little more quickly. Plus it doesn't seem to offer any huge advantages over the Opto. Bright pink Opto Pures are a gift from GOD!

I had an Opto Pure that I traded off, while I liked the flight, it was just too slick in the hand in all but the hot and humid days. I recently picked up a TM2 Pure and really like it for it's grip. We'll see how it holds up.

I putt with Zero Soft usually. I will use something more substantial (medium or hard) for upshots where i need less "feel" and more stiffness.

Like others, I really like the Opto for drives and longer approaches. I use mine with fishing lure lights taped underneath as my glow putter.

I have an RGL, but it's a little domey. Have not tried a GL, although nearly all the rest of my bag is GL..... :clap:

I wish for a Gold line Pure, to me that would be the perfect driving putter.

I wish for a Gold line Pure, to me that would be the perfect driving putter.

They've had them for a while. It was actually available before the Opto I believe but still not a regular production run. You can find them from DD in a dyemax design though. They're pretty sweet. A little straighter and less flat than the Opto but very grippy.

Whenever an opto/lucid disc is too slick for me I wash it in warm water and like a dawn dish soap. It'll be tacky for a while and not slick. Repeat every few weeks or as needed.

here's the lineup i used for quite some time:

opto for workhorse drives
zero hard for putts
zero hard for driving hyzerflip/turnover lines
zero soft for approaches

worked very well. i never used zero medium; it was not available at that time. zero soft is nice and sticky.

Latest posts