• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Push Putters, Spin Putters - What do you prefer?

You didn't look hard :D

But anyways, I am finding myself liking a putter that is stiff, yet catches the chains well. I've been rocking the Ions and Anodes most of this year. Really liking the medium Anodes. I straddle, spin, lob, pitch, etc. with it.

People who only ever use one putting style aren't playing tight enough courses :D :D :D

I push putt and I've found that stiffer putters work better for me by helping me get a smooth release. I used KC Aviars for about my first year or so but didn't care for their slickness. I switched to Yeti's because they are still fairly stiff while still being nice and grippy. I couldn't be happier with them, the concave flight plate also gives them a slightly lower profile which gives it a better feel in the hand.

I use the Pure now for just about everything within 150 unless I want a little more overstable (Sinus/Buzzz). For push, jump, and spin putts, I use a 175 TM2 Pure. For tail wind I generally use my 170 Zero.

I'm a hybrid spin/push putter...
I use a feldberg like motion with a wrist flick (using my fan grip to spin the disc as it leaves my hand)

Some people call it a "float put"

But I use SS Wizards, because they are predictable for me...
I'll also use SS magics when I can't play the fade of my Wizards.

I've begun developing a pure "spin" put to deal with low ceilings, and find the Wizard (again) to be more predictable.

The question isnt which style do you prefer but which discs do you prefer for that style.

I spin putt soft magnets. I used to use challengers but i shape lines when I putt depending on wind and getting around obstacles, etc.. A more stable putter limited my lines so I switched to a soft magnet.

Push putting? I have no idea how to do it...?:confused:

I pitch putt pretty much everything out to 70' and use soft wizards for everything. If there is a lot of wind I may use a Rhyno but it is very rare when that happens. I like also prefer a firmer putter for putting. S wizards seem to do the trick for that.

I used to spin putt for shots outside the circle, but I have since developed a modified pitch putt for those shots and have been hitting more putts from 40+ than ever and can even throw that putt from 80+ feet if I need to (spin putting usually only got me to 50').

No love for turbo putting? :\
I mainly spin putt, I use a rhyno for most shots, anode for long putts/approachs. Starting to like my first run p1 for turbo putting, it has a big ol' nipple.
icon_lol.gif

No love for turbo putting? :\
I mainly spin putt, I use a rhyno for most shots, anode for long putts/approachs. Starting to like my first run p1 for turbo putting, it has a big ol' nipple.
icon_lol.gif

Holy hell! I forgot about turbo putting. I started out turbo putting. I hit a huge turbo a couple weeks ago in the weekly doubles. I was using a 173 rhyno, now I have a 175 sinus. Love the turbo putt for getting up and over something in my way.