• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Putter setup

Im currently bagging 5 putters.

1 SS wizard for putting purposes inside 30 ish ft(been in the bag for 2 years or so)
1 SS wizard for outside the circle approaches/ putts

2 Fossil serpents 1 more beat up than the other. got to driving putters
1 fossil scale beefy for approaches and some teeshots (although its kind of a freak and will fly dead straight with a little turn if cranked on)

As for the question about hills. Im a firm believer that putting is like 90% mental so switching to a specialty putter just makes me think I planning on missing it, but to each there own.

2 McPro Aviars at similar levels of wear
1 Zone (Ti right now)
1 Polecat

I own several others, and might find a place for a Challenger, Pure, or Reef; but they haven't convinced me I need them yet. I still throw a mid for lots of shots that others consider putter shots. I'm comfortable with my Buzzz and Comet, what can I say? I don't mind powering down mids.

^this

But at the same time; that was a really old thread... I haven't looked yet, but I probably said the same thing back on that thread.

2-2.5 months is not a really old thread.

2-2.5 months is not a really old thread.

Yeah I was joking. I bet 90% of the people on here said more or less the same thing then. But it's funny that it's still a relatively hot topic. Personally, I've added the Polecat since my post in the other thread. No regrets. It'll never be a regular putter for me, but I would venture to say that it's earned a permanent spot in my bag.

Maybe we'll see when someone posts this again in 3 months...

just started using an r-pro rhyno and love it! especially in the windy area I live in....

Yeah I was joking.

Maybe we'll see when someone posts this again in 3 months...

Sorry, missed your fairly obvious sarcasm...and your closing statement couldn't be closer to the truth.

Currently McAviars for putting but will possibly be changing to classic Wardens in the near future.
Opto Pure for short drives and most flat, straight upshots.
XT Polecat for shorter approaches/long putts where I'm concerned about rollaways.
Been messing around with Rhynos in various plastics lately. I don't find a need for them too much on my home course but they're fun to throw.
Just ordered Fossil and Fo$$il Scales, looking forward to checking them out.

I drive with Pures and Harps depending on what lines I'm throwing.

I've had Pigs and Shields and a Rhyno in the OS driving putter slot and I keep coming back to Harps for their reliability.

I'm stuck on GStar Aviars for putting. I doubt I'll switch off these ever again.

I try to keep worked trilogy medium baselines for my neutral and OS driving putters for shots that need to stick.

@thread - Polecats huh? I gave up on lids when I shelved my rattlers. All power grips, all the time! (At least partially kidding)

Sorry, missed your fairly obvious sarcasm...and your closing statement couldn't be closer to the truth.

No problem. I need a "sarcasm" font... Actually, my first reaction when this was posted was, "Wait, this thread's still going?" Then, "wait, why are there only 8 posts?" Then "meh, why not post again?"

I guess it's more fun to start a new thread than reading through old posts. And this one is certainly getting enough action.

@thread - Polecats huh? I gave up on lids when I shelved my rattlers. All power grips, all the time! (At least partially kidding)

So nice for approaches that need to stick or running the basket without going too long or carving "lid lines" around pesky obstacles. I haven't tried a rattler (or a power grip, for that matter...) but probably should throw one.

2 Discraft Soft Challengers for approach to mid range shots, one new thats overstable and one very worn for long annie shots and slow flexes - Both 165g.
1 Discraft Soft Magnet for putting. - 157g "The Magic Magnet"... ridiculous accuracy.

DX XD for large turn over or hyzer flip drives/approaches (d/a) and outside of 70' jump putter.

Beat DX Rhyno for slight turn over d/a and main (straight) forward facing chain putter inside of 70'.

Beat pro Rhyno for straight d/a and lofty anny putts that need to plop without any slide or roll, and straight side arm or straddle backward over the shoulder putts.

New pro Rhyno for headwind or stable d/a, short roller, and side arm flex putts.

Pro Pig for super headwind high speed spin putts to jam it in the clown's mouth.

Last edited:
X-P1X (x2) for putting only, never throwing
DX Polecat for drives, approaches, really long putts, etc.
Plasma Proxy for driving and some approaches and FHs
Zone for Zone things

I carry five.

1. Omega Driver for circle putts
2. Pro SB Aviar for longer putts (don't want to break the old Omega Driver)

3. JK Aviar old and thrashed for approaches, jump putts, touchy hills and understable drives. Don't know how to replace it, flies nothing like a new JK.

4. KC P2 for stable to overstable drives
5. Qmega well worn in for stable drives or touch approaches in the wind

So all Aviar variants, but they have their different flights.

Putting
174 Opto Pure

Drives Approaches
175 Opto Pure - Straight -> Slightly understable (It'll hold a little anny thrown wing up)
175 VIP Shield - Stable/Overstable
168 DX Aviar (really beat in) - Anhyzers
175 ESP Zone - Max Overstable

Latest posts