• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Putters beefier than a ESP Zone?

Maybe one of those early run of VPs i can't remember what i called them i think they were just so beefy.

i like red z zones...hint hint...trade them to me.

I'm surprised Jokeri first mentioned on the fifth page. Premiums are pretty beefy, I'd say close to my puddle top esp Zone.

dunno if it's been said but possibly a Vibram Firm VP. That thing is a meat hook.

No one has thrown an old Pro Pig? Those things are crazy beefy.

shhhhhh.... the more fanatics on the zone bandwagon the better. we want less people scooping up all the great old pro pigs not more.

the only way we're getting champ glow pigs is if one of us wins worlds

the only way we're getting champ glow pigs is if one of us wins worlds

You're in the same boat I'm in with a premium plastic Polecat. They mold and release 4 Champ Tanks when the Proshop opened, but there isn't enough interest to run what many of us want...give me a break.

Innova is more interested in making discs that people will collect and sell, than discs that serious players want to throw. Even though I jumped ship to support the Zone, I do wish that Innova would wake up and give you guys your Pigs. (And Polecats...even though a premium 'Cat probably wouldn't fly as desired)

No one has thrown an old Pro Pig? Those things are crazy beefy.

Yes beefy. zone beefy? no. i switched from pigs to a zone. cool about pigs though is after u beat them u can throw them dead straight aways and when they slow down they crash pretty nicely whereas I've noticed a zone will not hold a sraight line very long and the pig seems to glide better.... both have their pros and cons. the zone just won out for me being much more dependable into the wind, better fh disc, better for spikes and skips nicely too when put on the correct angle. also my zone is every bit as OS as the day i got it and its very well used. there is nothing like the almighty and magical zone :)

i've got two or three old pro pigs that are just as stable as any zone and i've got one that is more overstable than any zone i've thrown. the question is why would you really want something that overstable?

i've got two or three old pro pigs that are just as stable as any zone and i've got one that is more overstable than any zone i've thrown. the question is why would you really want something that overstable?

hard skips, brutal wind putting, sharp doglegs to get out of trouble, etc. There are many reasons. The thing is, there are rounds my Zone may never come out of the bag. But its reliability when those situations do show up is why it will never leave my bag.

hard skips, brutal wind putting, sharp doglegs to get out of trouble, etc. There are many reasons. The thing is, there are rounds my Zone may never come out of the bag. But its reliability when those situations do show up is why it will never leave my bag.

Same here man. My Zone will never leave my bag :hfive:

The Zone is a putter.....The Drone is a better putter... that happens to be a mid :p

Well, then Firechicken. I actually know people who turn them upside down and putt with them into headwind. Guess that makes it a putter.

I have a puddle top esp that I custom dyed 3.5 years ago, it is thrown 5+ times/round for FH upshots and short drives <250. It is as stable as a new one. I have 8 more, but I'm not sure I will ever get around to needing them, the esp just doesn't wear out. I have a couple glows that are really nice and beefy. The 2 z's I have fly more like pro d's that I have tried. I like them all, but I just don't have any reason to carry 2 in a bag so the old trusty esp stays in place (it was also my first multi color dye).

I like my Breaker a bunch, but not thrown the Zone. I can flip my Breaker though, forehand especially.

My favorite putter is the Pure, and I hear the Zone is really similar in shape, so I might have to try that...

Latest posts