• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting Confidence Program

Will you commit to the program?

• Total voters
OK, so I was bored with my 15' putts which I am money on....on flat ground. Big whoop right?

So I went out, did some rearanging in the garage and got myself a corner to corner shot lined up with some low obstacles and got myself out to 20', maybe a little more. (paced with size 13s on) I start throwing 7 discs, 3 cheap instep discs, 3 bangers and a wizard, just as I would the 15'.

The confidence kind of took over for the 1st set and I made 6/7 and then the same on the 2nd set, 6/7 but then, it was 5 of 7; then 4/7, then 3/7 and sometimes worse. So the confidence thing was lost, but I was determined to make my putts work facing adversity and put down the Instep mid and driver, as I didnt need that inconsitancy.

I started putting and focusing to where there was nothing but me and the basket. Still, was hitting 3/5 but I kept at it. My back began getting sore from all the repetitive small motion from my rock back, then; I dont quite know how but I began to have a very specific and consistant motion and began nailing them 5/5, 5/5, 5/5, 5/5, 5/5 and thats when I quit.

I never felt better about my putting game and this consistant motion I some how developed. So, I am back on the program starting today from longer range and using this new motion.

In case you wondering the motion, I basically start out with my right foot directly under my body pointing at the basket with my leg straigh. My left foot about 1' behind perpendicular and directly behind my back foot. I then start with my disc at eye level pointing at the basket and begin to slowly drop it, almost like Im dragging it down the chains as my eyes then focus on the dead middle of the pole inside the chains. As my hand drops, I lean back keeping the right leg straight until my body weight is centered over my left foot and my hand comes down just above my right knee. Then I push forward with my left leg shifthing my weight toward my always straight right leg, arm staying straight but raising up to a release where I end pointing at the basket and standing just slightly off my left foot with all weight again on my right.

I think it probably looks odd but still, somehow gracefull.

I'm probably going to take a month or less off from the program. I'll definitely keep putting, but I'm going to wait til some Spring weather to start a strict program again.

Definitely keep us posted on the progress Techno. I played a tourney today and practiced a little tonight. After 36 long holes, coming home and tossing in a couple dozen in a row I think it's time to get horizontal.

Got mine in today and Saturday, played Sunday took first with the guy I showed up to shut down and still saw hockey. Good tip on the rocking, it's vital to my putting. I figure that if your body is already generating forward motion in a straight line it helps consistency by reducing arm and angle errors. I.E. if you need to putt 20ft and your body is producing 25% of the speed you only have to throw 15'.

I also like practicing in slow motion at 20ft to get smooth spin, it's amazing how slow your armspeed can be and still make the putts. It really helps me when I lose my form, however not always confidence inspiring.

Got mine in every day since I last posted, except Saturday. Will be sure to get mine in today as I will be traveling a couple days and cant really take the basket with me. Might head to a nearby course though.

I played 38 holes yesterday. My putting was utterly disgusting. I probably missed 10 putts from about 10-15 feet and I own my own basket too so there are no excuses for that. That frustrates me more than anything when I drive 350 feet parking the disc ten feet from the basket and then miss the super easy putt for a deuce. I was irritated with the way I was putting yesterday, all last night and have been thinking about it since I woke up this morning. I must be rusty from discing once a month during the winter or something. I need to do some work on my game.......

I played 38 holes yesterday. My putting was utterly disgusting. I probably missed 10 putts from about 10-15 feet and I own my own basket too so there are no excuses for that. That frustrates me more than anything when I drive 350 feet parking the disc ten feet from the basket and then miss the super easy putt for a deuce. I was irritated with the way I was putting yesterday, all last night and have been thinking about it since I woke up this morning. I must be rusty from discing once a month during the winter or something. I need to do some work on my game.......

I feel your pain brother. Don't sweat it! I played in a tourney this weekend and my putting was weak. I picked up a couple of Wizards, practiced more on the private pin and went out today and dropped in some nice putts. It's been cold here and putting in doors is nice but not like the real thing outdoors with wind, mud, ice and all the other putting circumstances that occur on the course. And yes, there's a fine line between rested and rusted.

lol Finally got warm enough to melt the snow and I finally started moving the basket around and I think all I can do now is sink putts at the exact positions I've been practicing at.

Time to just practice from every angle I can.

lol Finally got warm enough to melt the snow and I finally started moving the basket around and I think all I can do now is sink putts at the exact positions I've been practicing at.

Time to just practice from every angle I can.

A buddy of mine made an excellent point about putting. If you've ever played basketball in a small gym where there was a wall or something not far behind the basket and then moved to a big arena where the basket just seems to be hanging out there in space then that's the difference for most of us where we practice on a basket that has a backdrop versus out on the course where it might be wide open. Ultimately to be a good putter you have to be able to zoom in on the target and forget about what is or is not behind the basket.

After being frustrated i took about a week off and yesterday i started again with a new style and I feel more comfortable with it than I ever did. So I am back on the program.!!:clap::hfive:

I played PP360 yesterday and sucked! Consistent putting is by far the worst part of my game.

Watched the video last night and I'm in.