• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pylam Dyes?

Enbuska

First of all. Sorry for starting a new topic. I tried to comment in a specific, dye related thead, but it had already expired.

Hi guys,

I'm new on this forum, but i honestly tried to search for the answer before posting this question.

I'm a disc dyer from Finland and I've been dyeing plastic for a year now. Though i'm pretty pleased with the quality of my dyes, I've been stuck with greyscale works as I'm tired of inconsistent colors and shades with iDye alternative. And mostly on that the colors are not bright, exept for pink.
I contacted Pylam and they sent me a prize list on their products as their colors seem to be really, really intense.
Before making an order, i'd love to know if there's colors that simply do not work. (as green in idye poly) They don't cost _all that much_, but then shipping and import taxes on top, so yes it costs me 3 to 4 times more than idye :D

And not to be all greedy, I'd like to share my "secret" recipe that I've passed on to other Finnish dyers.

I found a "new" or atleast easier way to shade discs.
I'm using iDye poly and instead of acetone of other products, i use trangia fuel as liquid. It dries up slower than many of the other solvents used, but can be used in a same way as Acetone (or other solvents) with stencils.
You can see few of my works at my instagram account @enbuska, but the account is not for dyes only.

I haven't used many Pylam colors, but every one I've used has been great. Definitely the best green.

I'm also a big fan of Pro Chem dyes, so I'd suggest those as well if u can get em.

I've heard that you can get a sample pack of the ProChem dyes. Anyone have a link to that deal?

I haven't used many Pylam colors, but every one I've used has been great. Definitely the best green.

I'm also a big fan of Pro Chem dyes, so I'd suggest those as well if u can get em.

Thanks for the hint.
Ill be sure to find out more about Pro Chem.

Latest posts