• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Q Sentinel MF = Roc + Stingray?

Guru10

Birdie Member
On the bottom of my sentinel "innova San Marino". It feels like a roc bottom with a stingray top.

Funny, I actually had a disc that was a first run that took me forever to figure out what it was. It had a stingray bottom and a roc top, That disc was a Aurora. So the opposite is a Sentinel, good to know.

I think the Sentinel is a Cobra bottom with a Stingray top.

The Aurora MF was the Stingray bottom and a Roc top and the Aurora MS is a Stingray bottom and a Shark top.

Strangely, the Stingray bottom with a Roc top didn't fly any differently than the Stingray bottom with a Shark top. That's why we have the Sentinel. There wasn't enough F in the Aurora MF.

I'm not sure if the Sentinel has the Roc wing or Cobra wing. Hell, I'm not sure if the Roc and the Cobra don't have the same wing. What I do know is that the Original Cobra, Classic Cobra and current www Cobra all used the Stingray top, so if it is the Cobra wing the Cobra and Sentinel now have the same top and wing. What the Sentinel has that the Cobra does not have is a beefed up nose. It's the blunt nose that makes it overstable.

A little off topic but is the Classic Cobra the mold with the Ontario tooling?
The Sentinal is really starting to grow on me. Flies like my OM gators with a little slower fade. Being part (all?) Cobra it fits in well next to the www Cobra & CRF Glow Cobra in my bag now.

Last edited:
No, the original Cobra and Classic Cobra were the same thing. The original Cobra was replaced by the Ontario Cobra. After they brought back the Classic Cobra you could buy both. A couple of years ago they discontinued the Ontario Cobra and made the Classic Cobra the regular Cobra again. So the original Cobra, Classic Cobra and current Cobra are all more or less the same disc (other than switching from the San Marino to www top, but that's a whole new can a worms.) The Ontario Cobra was different.

Thanks for the info again Three Putt!

to Guru10, TP is the final say, more of less, when it comes to disc lineage around here. If he cant nail down an answer I doubt any one will.

You could try the Ask Millenium thread on DGR or the Ask Dave Dunpace at the PDGA site.

the reason it says San Marino is because that's where it was made.

It says San Marino because that was were Innova's mailing address was when the mold piece was made. That mold could have been in use long after they had moved.

I guess what i was looking for was which molds were used to make the sentinel, which felt like two familiar discs to me. thanks threeputt

Latest posts