• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Question for Ion throwers.

i also use both. if i had to choose one i would chose soft. The new clear softs are not too soft and in the colder weather they will stiffen a lil. i see you're in MI so that may help if you play in the colder weather. i would say my ion shots are 60/40 soft to medium, with putting its whatever ion wants to go in more for me!

All about the mediums myself (though I did just order some opaque soft ones from Dynamic Discs since that's all they had left to do the DyeMax process on :rolleyes:)

I had both. I prefer the feel of the soft. Funny thing is I get more consistancy in my putts and drives with the medium.

Will do. It should be here mid week next week. I have a tournament coming up next weekend, so Im probably not going to use it, even though I'll have it in time, but it'll be in my bag probably.

if you get some throws in before the tourney...you may change your mind....the Ion is like a swiss army knife...it does everything...you can even eat off of it if you had to

I have two opaque textured bottoms (one soft and one medium) and two of the translucent new ones (also one soft and one medium). My go to putter is the opaque soft and my usual upshot one is the opaque medium. The translucent ones I use for driving and long approach shot because they are more stable. I have noticed when driving with my old opaque ones that they are not consistent in flight (the soft is much more understable) yet my new translucent are both very consistent and stable. I can't say enough what the ions have done for my putting and short game. I may never use another putter again. Also if you haven't tried the axis yet it might be one of the finest discs ever made. But then again I recommend anything MVP comes out with as I am a fan of their vector as well. In my humble opinion for the performance, durability and price no other disc manufacturer can touch MVP and it's not even close

Just got it in the mail today. But the weather is not cooperating for a stint outside, much less a trip to the course. Tomorrow it is!

So far tho I've thrown it into my couch for like 10 minutes and have had no issues with flight or wobble! Can't wait to let some putts fall and some drives rip with this thing.