• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Question for Valkyrie throwers

I have to disagree with that last statement. I have a star valk that I bought the week star plastic came out and it is still my go to driver. Its been through some **** too including hitting a car that was going at least 50 mph.

I'll agree with roadtrip....
I have one of those early Star Valks (hot pink too) and it's still in great shape. Beat up yes, scruffed and dirty, but still a great disc. Beat in kinda quickly, but not too much. Flies perfect now.

Save time, money and energy and go Star or Champ.

yeah im trying to get a Star on the marketplace now.. if all goes well then i might look into snagging a JK Pro.. sounds like the champ is gonna be a lil beefy for what im looking for. You guys notice any difference in the pre and post flight number star plastic?

I used to throw Star Valks, then got a good deal on some 4x JK Pro Valks and started throwing those. They flew the same lines for me. Eventually I lost most of my JK Pros and went back to throwing Star Valks again because I didn't want to play the premium for the JKs. The champ Valks are a bit more stable to start and take longer to beat in.

Really, there is no difference in flight between the old JKs and the current Star Valks. I prefer the ones with a mild dome. I have seen a lot of really domey Valks come out lately and I've been avoiding those.

if you like flippy stuff the pro valks beat in pretty fast and get flippy. i actually like them the most for the flight im looking for out of a valk.

i have a white opaque ce thats super beefy. the CEs are nice discs but dont really fly like valks in other plastic i feel. maybe its cause they take alot longer to beat it idk

champ valks are pretty nice too. its just a good mold with good flight throughout the entire plastic line

I personally use the 4x JK Pro Valk. 2/3 of mine are clear and champy looking. 1 is not clear and feels more CE. These are flat and fairly stable as far as Valks go. These are my fav's. I had a CE clear Valk that seemed about the same as the 4x. Pro Valks seem to fly the nicest fresh out the box though, but they do lose stabilty and become great for more of a turnover shot.

I've thrown valks for quite a while -- not as much recently, but they used to be my main drivers. I used to throw a lot of 150 Champ Valks (had 4 in my bag at one point), but as my throw improved, I kept turning them over hard. I threw a couple mid-160 Champ Valks and they were just not the same -- not as much distance and very little glide. I picked up a 168g DX Valk and really liked it -- not too flippy and good glide.

I threw a 150 Star Valk a few times and can definitely say it was more stable than the Champs -- not much, but a little. Also, I found the Champs really varied -- I had some that were very flat and gummy and some that were very rigid and domey. Each flew a little different and made for a nice collection in the bag.

Overall, if you are looking for something heavier than 150, I would go DX. If you want something light, go Champion. If you want something that has relatively the same flight pattern as a Valk, but slightly faster, pick up a low-160's Archon. ;)

Garret

thanks guys.. yeah before i disc'd down i was throwing ESP Surges, S-PDs, and Star Sidewinders.. only one i think i should have really been throwing at my power level was the SW so Valk seemed like a nice step. I really prefer flat drivers so was thinking star would prob make the most sense.. the pros sound right up my alley but has anyone seen a flat pro? most pro discs i have seen all seem to be kinda domey

I just found a 5X champion one, and its fairly beat and really flat, also heavy but there isn't a weight on it. It's probably 170+. I'd say its a 7/10. Is it worth anything?

Champion! i bought a 172 about 2.5 years ago when i first started playing and have used it every round i have played since then, and is just now started to beat in to where it is getting a little flippy

I keep a DX Valk in my bag, and for the low cost it does a great job. It is my "stunt" disc. I send it into dangerous situations (over water, thru the brush, deep woods). I have Pro and Champions as well but this is the one Valk that always seems to go out with me. It is broken in really nice and goes really long and straight. DX Plastic is easy to repair. Give me a piece of sandpaper and a cigarette lighter and I fix her up when she's injured every time.lol

Is there anyway to tell what kind of Valkyrie it is if the stamp is faded?

I want to plug the Plus-mold valkyries. I carry a Star and a Pro. I've put the Star out to 400 on a hyzer flip line, and the Pro used to before it got so seasoned that all it does is turn so it's a utility disc now.

I carry a Champ and a DX Valkyrie to every game. My longest range (about 450') comes from the DX, and I throw it when I have a wide open grip-and-rip shot. I carry the champ Valk too, because sometimes I need something in a wooded course that I need distance from, but I don't want to risk the edges of my DX for.

I've thrown a Star Valkyrie and a JK Pro Valkyrie. Both of them "feel" better than the Champion to me, but still couldn't match the distance I was getting from the DX, or the Durability of the Champion, so I traded or gave them away relatively quickly.

I have 3 champion 5x valkyries...not sure on the weight though, our postal scale doesn't seem to be very accurate...I can send pics if any one wants to buy or will take trades: I want rivers, ions, predators, or buzzes...