• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

quitting dg

I have a friend that kinda quit because he sucked. To be fair I can't blame him we picked on him a lot about it. Also, he was to proud to take any advice. If I offered it or even suggested something he would do the opposite because I suggested it. In fairness I am a jerk to my friends and vice versa, aren't friends great.

Bold is what does not compute here. Can those words by the law of physics even be put together like that?

Hey, to each their own. Personally, I can stand to wait 5 minutes to throw and its no sweat off my back. This guy seems like a hot head and Im sure the sport wont miss him.

More plastic for the rest of us, right?

a guy i know is quitting disc golf, and he is one of the best i know, he recently aced a hole, he shot five under par, and that was with a triple bogey, he got his putting down to where he can nail anything within 30 feet......
...........he also got fourth place in the big sky state games here in montana....
im bummed out! i get most of my tips from him! i hope he changes his mind...
this is an "unusual" quantity of stats on this guy and yet......

...and now hes quitting because when he goes to the course, there a people there that he wants to deck in the face and they ruin the game for him, and it was bad enuf to make him quit!

...not really much info on WHAT these "people at the course" are doing to get him to this point.

Are these "people" disc golfers? Punks that are vandalizing the course/park?

I had a friend quit too, but he's just become too fat and lazy to want to play anymore. He would rather sit at home and play Madden or Call of Duty. Needless to say, I haven't seen him much this summer.

Sounds more like he's got personal issues than issues with other disc golfers. Is he one of those guys that thinks he's too good to have to wait on rec. players and gets pissed when the person in front of him can only throw 150'?

oh, no, hes not like that, hes one of the most humble people youll meet

I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe he's just sick of disc golf and wants to try something different, EX: ball golf, video games, motorcycle racing, etc....

Also, maybe there arent alot of course's in his area and he's fed up with all the players that are not at his skill level. I was just saying that wouldnt be a problem for me as there are a ton of course's in my area.

Just my two cents for what its worth. Maybe a little more info from discgolf757 could help.

lol, this kid would not do ball golf! he hates video games, thinks they're a waste of time, there is a local pro, (seth white)
people dont respect the course either, a guy ran over a basket with his truck, people vandalize the tee box signs with graffiti and stuff, its really annoying

Well, to be fair, and joking aside; I stopped for the most part playing for a few years up until this year. I wasnt very good and I couldnt get out there as much as I wanted and not nearly as much as my group of friends that would go.

I watched some newcommers to our group start and overtake me as I couldnt get out enough to improve and that was frustrating, but at no point was I ready to throw a tantrum and get rid of my discs.

Now, my son is older; old enough to play. Not well, but hey; someday he will pass us all starting at 8 years old right? And my fiance is into it along with her 13 YO son and its become a regular family outing and I have seen my game improve leaps and bounds just this year.

Only one from my old group of buddies comes with us as my fiance would not be comfortable with many more than him, and a lot of the other guys are not really kid friendly, if you get what I am saying; but I was talking to my one buddy about getting just the guys together for an outing and he thinks they would be shocked to see me throw now.

So tell the guy to calm down; take a break and dont do anything he will regret.

this is an "unusual" quantity of stats on this guy and yet......

...not really much info on WHAT these "people at the course" are doing to get him to this point.

Are these "people" disc golfers? Punks that are vandalizing the course/park?

yes, they vandalize the tee pads, sigs, and some douche ran over one of the baskets

Depending on the local scene, I can imagine playing a lot less disc golf, but not quitting entirely. There will always be days and times the course is empty -- a weekday morning off, and cold day in winter (should be plenty of those in Montana)... you can always find times to play a course in solitude if you want to. And there are always vacations -- I love to play when I travel.

I have lived places where the local tourney scene had so many cretins playing that I quit tourneys. Tourney folks with short tempers and sullen dispositions that just made it no fun to pay to play. And depending on your consistency, if you're about the same skill level as a bunch of unsavor people, you're bound to end up with them on one round or more in a tourney...

I play tourneys for fun and for good-spirited competition, and when that disappears, I won't play tourneys.

I could envision a scenario where someone gets so frustrated with the caliber of certain locals that they want to quit playing in frustration. But I think there are better approaches -- save your discs and play early A.M. golf, or travel golf to other beautiful places...

Quiter boy, quiter boy. Now bussnies fail, daughters have to go to state college. Serious students powerless against drunken jock-ocracy.

there are some courses with bad scenes and i can understand your friend not wanting to get into it with people when he just wants to relax and play some dg. Is this the only good course around there?

yes, they vandalize the tee pads, signs, and some douche ran over one of the baskets

Time to get the authorities involved......... start takin' pictures and plate numbers. Drive the bad element out. Do as much as you can to save the course.

Then again, you may not be as "dedicated" to the game as myself, but me personally, i wouldn't stand for that on my home course. :cool:

Clearly. He's keeping a Wraith and an Aviar, and made far too much noise about his exit. If he were truly quitting, he'd vanish silently and completely.

Attention whoring is more like it.

Attention whoring or not; if your a friend, find a way to where he cant get rid of his discs. Steal, or borrow them or hide them until he is ready to come back.

Save him the pain of buying more discs later.

Latest posts