• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Random data: See who's writing all the reviews.

t i m

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
This week, it looks like DGCR Membership topped the 5,000 mark (total is 5,015 as of this post), so I thought it would be a good time to do a quick state-of-the-reviews...

We've got more than 10,000 reviews for the 3,182 courses across the world -- an average of more than three reviews per course and two reviews per member...

Of the 2,636 courses in the U.S., we've gotten at least one review for more than 83% of them (2,192). We've achieved a critical mass of 10+ reviews for 9% of them (238).

Of the 5,015 current members, almost 42% (2,098) have written at least one review. The top 1% of members (50) have written almost a quarter of the reviews (2,419).

In terms of courses with the most reviews, here's the 14 courses in the top 10:

1. Flip City, Shelby, MI (46 reviews, 4.88 rating)
2. Idlewild, Burlington, KY (37 reviews, 4.85 rating)
3. DeLaveaga, Santa Cruz, CA (31 reviews, 4.50 rating)
4. East Roswell Park, Roswell, GA (28 reviews, 3.55 rating)
5. Rosewood-Dekalb at Redan Park, Redan, GA (24 reviews, 3.79 rating)
6. Beaver Ranch, Conifer, CO (23 reviews, 4.74 rating)
6. Camenisch Park - Badlands DGC, Denver, CO (23 reviews, 3.65 rating)
6. The "Sinks", Chattanooga, TN (23 reviews, 3.87 rating)
6. Tyler State Park, Newtown, PA (23 reviews, 4.63 rating)
10. Warwick Town Park, Warwick, NY (22 reviews, 4.57 rating)
10. Golden Gate Park DGC, San Francisco, CA (22 reviews, 4.00 rating)
10. Johnny Roberts DGC, Arvada, CO (22 reviews, 3.75 rating)
10. Morley Field, San Diego, CA (22 reviews, 3.68 rating)
10. Veterans Park, Arlington, TX (22 reviews, 4.09 rating)

It appears we've got a lot of active reviewers in CO, GA and CA, with Idlewild and Flip City being outliers for their respective areas -- homeboy bias and rivalry we've all seen on the boards... but it sure does pique the curiosity for those of us who haven't had a chance to play either course.

Anyway, those are your random stats for the day. Enjoy. And congrats to DGCR for hitting 5,000+ users and 10,000+ reviews, and thanks to the many users who are helping it to grow... WHOOP!

Last edited:
Great stats! I was member #1401, less than a year ago, and now to be over 5000, wow, the growth of this site is amazing. I can certainly understand the rapid growth, this is the most awesome disc golf site on the web.

As far as reviews, I'm at 23 reviews of 24 courses, but can't really write the last one as the course is currently unplayable. I guess I'll have to hit the road this summer and play some new courses! I really appreciate everyone who has taken time to write the reviews and help provide the DG community with great course info. The reviews have been most helpful in planning which courses to play.

Glad to be part of the reviewing force for the #4 and 5 course.

Just wait 'til June 13 when our new course opens up...I bet there will be a dozen reviews that weekend.

Yea WOW. 5,000? I'm 2215 and I joined in late October. That means that in the past 7 months the membership has more than doubled. Weird, wild stuff.

I really like that the site lets you see these things. I don't know of any other site that clearly lays out such detailed info, and makes it easy to find. I have no doubt that both this site and disc golf will continue growing

go us

It appears we've got a lot of active reviewers in CO, GA and CA, with Idlewild and Flip City being outliers for their respective areas -- homeboy bias and rivalry we've all seen on the boards... but it sure does pique the curiosity for those of us who haven't had a chance to play either course.

I really like that the site lets you see these things. I don't know of any other site that clearly lays out such detailed info, and makes it easy to find. I have no doubt that both this site and disc golf will continue growing

go us

Was just about to mention that I heard from a member of my Wed night DG league that he and friends are heading out next week to hit both Idlewild and Flip on the same road trip. lo and behold he posts the above. K, I think we ALL would love to hear your official non-biased reviews of both places in a separate thread when you get back!

who is the top 1%?

Sorry, should have included some of this... the cutoff for top 1% is the top 50 reviewers (50/5015=1%), the minimum number of reviews is 28 to be in the top 50 right now, but better hurry -- that number is climbing. Cut and paste is a little tricky for the top 50, so I didn't take the time (also makes the post a lot longer), but it's easy to look up (see the link in the post above). Glad there are other stats junkies out there... there always are. :)

So I've played 3 of these courses. But when I went to review them and saw how many times they had been reviewed and that other reviewers did a good job reviewing... I didn't see the need to review them again. (that's a lot of review).

Anyone else feel this way? I mean, I would like to review all the courses I play... but when they have already been reviewed properly, I don't see the point.
DSCJNKY

So I've played 3 of these courses. But when I went to review them and saw how many times they had been reviewed and that other reviewers did a good job reviewing... I didn't see the need to review them again. (that's a lot of review).

Anyone else feel this way? I mean, I would like to review all the courses I play... but when they have already been reviewed properly, I don't see the point.
DSCJNKY

As someone who is waiting to play more courses before I start reviewing, I might not be the best one to answer this question but here goes...

I do kind of feel the same way, but I will review courses like this anyway. If you feel strongly about a course either in the positive or negative, write a review. Someone is bound to disagree (in most cases) and therefore give a rating opposite yours. If you feel strongly, you'll want your vote to count in your direction rather than letting it slip.

Lots of reviews and ratings will give a clearer average of what the community of disc golfers think rather than just one or two people.

Hope that made sense.

DSCJNKY

I hear what you are saying, I am picking up what you are throwing down, I took a whiff and I know what I'm smelling. I would review them anyway just to give my unique point of view. Plus I tend to find fun things to write about that may not make it into other reviews. Your personal experience will be different from everyone else's.

Howdy t i m, good contributions from you this past week or so. I wouldn't expect anything less. Thanks for the stats man, I always get a kick out of these threads they satisfy my inner Rainman.

Here are some more stats to shed light on the actual membership that participates.

There are 125 pages of member results with zero posts. Each search page has 30 members.

That is 3750 approximate members who are not really active members... one click wonders?

Threads: 178,247, Posts: 4,022,275, Members: 20,079
Those are stats from a music forum I participate in...

Here are some more stats to shed light on the actual membership that participates.

There are 125 pages of member results with zero posts. Each search page has 30 members.

That is 3750 approximate members who are not really active members... one click wonders?

Those are stats from a music forum I participate in...

Particpation in forums is not the only way to be an active member on the site though. I would bet that there are a number of members who use the site to track their courses or scores, and maybe even write reviews but just aren't as interested in joining the discussions here.

Latest posts