• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rate other DGCR posters' bags

skurf

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Click on their name, go to DGCR profile then click on the "Discs" tab. This will show you the discs they have in their bag. Rate their bag from 1-10 and tell them why it got that rating. For instance, maybe you think they need more midranges or something more overstable or whatever.

I just think it'd be interesting to see peoples' opinions on the different arsenals people carry and it will probably even help out some people decide what type of disc they should buy next.

If you haven't set up the discs in your DGCR profile go do it now!...or you could just post your discs here, but it's kinda nice to have them permanently in your profile.

Oh man...my bag is totally different from the last time I updated....I need to make some changes:)

I would welcome advice on my bag, unfortunately my knowledge of innova is limited so I cant really critique others since I am unsure about most innova stuff.

Updated my bag just for this thread... Problem is I change my bag up so much.

skurf - Your bag looks pretty solid. I'd be interested to know what your main driver is and what your 'get out of trouble' disc(s) are.
I always recommend people check out Vipers and Whippets for overstable, get you out of messy situation shots. I've got them both listed in my bag, but I really alternate between those discs...

Just updated my bag for this thread...pay no attention to Julie's bag or to all of my 'part-timers':)

Interesting concept -- quick, someone rate my bag so I can know just how much more $$ I need to spend :eek:

Seriously though, it is a decent idea. I would be curious to see what others think.

it funny, it looks like everyone wants their bag rated, but people aren't doing much rating themselves.

seriously though, rate my bag.

it funny, it looks like everyone wants their bag rated, but people aren't doing much rating themselves.

seriously though, rate my bag.

Skinner - I'll give your bag a 7:)
I would add a little bit of understability to your bag...as well as an extra putter...but that's just personal preference as i carry 2 for different types of putts.

I would rate some bags but everyone on here throws innova almost exclusively.

Then perhaps you could make some helpful suggestions to get some Discraft in....although you do have a Valk and Destroyer, so you've got some of the important bases covered.
I'd rate your bag pretty high....8 or so...but I'd say you may be a little driver heavy and mid-lite...

Agreed, I plan on picking up a drone and another buzz in esp or Z plastic (it is slightly less stable than the pro d I have). As for the Valk, I think I will be removing that soon in favor of the avenger ss, but the destroyer is great for FH and BH shots that bend sharp to the left.

thanks wayne. I know I need more mids/putters. that's one of the reasons I got the discraft misprint deal (should be here any day now) in hopes of a comet, buzzz, and some putters. the other ones people got seemed to contain at least a few mids and a few putters.

what would you suggest I'm missing in terms of understable stuff? my wolf is really understable, and I use my Monarch for annies (or I just throw RHFH)

I would comment on your bag, but good god you have a ton of discs. a 10! if there is something you're missing, I would be shocked.

skurf - Your bag looks pretty solid. I'd be interested to know what your main driver is and what your 'get out of trouble' disc(s) are.

If you're talking about something overstable to hook back into the fairway I'll usually use my Z-Drone. It's very overstable and I can get a pretty nice skip out of it since it's in Z plastic. If I need something understable to get back in play I'll use the Vision. At first I didn't like this disc because it would turn-over so easy. It's seriously the most understable driver I've ever thrown-- way more understable than my Roadrunner. I used the Vision for the first time on hole 13 at Pease Park for the most beautiful tee shot I've ever had on that hole. Oh, and my main driver is my Surge SS.

Anyway, I suppose I'll rate your bag now--

waynewf's bag- 8/10
Looks like you've got a pretty good diversity going there, but I've never thrown an FL or even know what it does. Could you fill me in on that disc?

One thing I noticed is that that Buzzz seems to be too light, especially since you also have a Buzzz SS. I started with a 168 Buzzz myself, but had stability problems with it so when I cranked it hard there was always the possibility of it turning over. The 178 completely fixed that problem, but it's still a nice disc for distance (well, distance for a mid-range) anny's that flatten out at the end.

You may also want to look into a putter that you can drive from the tee without it turning right like the Aviar tends to do. I know you have the Pig in there and that definitely won't turn right, but that disc is a one-trick pony, although it does that one trick quite nicely. Something like a Wizard or Challenger seems like it would fit nicely between the Aviar and Pig.

No one in this thread is allowed to talk crap about my pink buzzz!

ETA-you guys all carry a lot of discs.