• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rate other DGCR posters' bags

I feel pretty confident in my bag at the moment. I plan on adding another TL (backup) and Predator (current will be new overhand/spike disc while new one will be strictly for headwinds). I will prob drop the Banshee at that point.

Yup, automatic 1 point deduction. :rolleyes:

Those are definitely not gonna be overhand discs. They are both pretty much the most understable discs that each of those manufacturers offer. The Stratus is nice for mid-range anny's and will hold the anny line all the way through. However, with the Vision, I can't even anny it it's so understable. If you release that disc on an anny it is going to dive right hard and roll, but hey, it does make a pretty decent roller. I will hyzer-flip the Vision and it will still go right (RHBH), but sometimes that's just what the doctor ordered.

I hyzer flip that vision and it stays so straight. I like the Core too. I am impressed with Lat 64 so far.

I hyzer flip that vision and it stays so straight. I like the Core too. I am impressed with Lat 64 so far.
I am curious as to how far you can throw the Vision and how far you throw in general because it is impossible for me to get it to stay straight no matter how much hyzer I put on it. I'll go for an extreme hyzer release and it will go about 200' before it starts heading right and maybe another 100' after it starts its turn, but there is no way in hell that thing is coming back left or even flattening out unless I throw it like 80' high. Basically, I can throw my Buzzz further than the Vision (300'-Vision, 320'-Buzzz, 350'-Teebird, 370'-Surge SS), but I have no other disc that will fly on the same line as the Vision, which is why I find it useful in certain situations.

I just updated mine. Rip away. I'll do some when I get home.

No offense, but if I had to play with that bag I would throw it down in disgust, kick all your discs out of it, pour gasoline over them, and set them ablaze. Consider yourself lucky that we're currently under a burn-ban down here.

No offense, but if I had to play with that bag I would throw it down in disgust, kick all your discs out of it, pour gasoline over them, and set them ablaze. Consider yourself lucky that we're currently under a burn-ban down here.

Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?

Ok, my last post was a bit of an over-reaction. I'd probably just use lighter-fluid. ;)

Your bag is just way too redundant for me, and the redundancies are of discs that I don't really care for. Not sure why anyone would need 4 copies of the same mold in their bag. I prefer to have more options. As far as the actual discs, the Boss is too fast for me and the Leopard is one of my least favorite fairway drivers. All of your drivers seem to be overstable except for the aforementioned Leopard and the Valk, which I also dislike, although I'm not sure what the VP and Summit are. I'm guessing one of them is a putter since I don't see any other putters in your list. It seems like you're limiting your approach and mid-range discs by taking up so many slots in your bag with duplicates.

Instead of carrying multiple molds, I carry new to beat. So instead of carrying Teerex, Wraith, Surge SS, Sidewinder, I carry PDs from New S Line to beat in proformance line. It makes everything a lot simplier and you get to know your discs much better. If you look at many of the top Pro's bags, this is the philosophy they use.

Instead of carrying multiple molds, I carry new to beat. So instead of carrying Teerex, Wraith, Surge SS, Sidewinder, I carry PDs from New S Line to beat in proformance line. It makes everything a lot simplier and you get to know your discs much better. If you look at many of the top Pro's bags, this is the philosophy they use.

I could see that working for someone who plays a lot, but it sure does make rating your bag difficult! I don't think that I get enough rounds in to have so many different levels of "beat-in-ness."

One thing too is that, when I started playing Gazelles, Cheetahs, and cyclones were the big D mega fast drivers. They made you learn how to shape lines and work the wind (Living in Oklahoma does that too) so I can make most discs work for me instead of letting the disc do the work. People who just started in the past few years had speed 10+ drivers and really overstable discs and a gazillion molds on the market, so finding a mold for every shot is a lot easier. I'm not saying one way is better, just rotating discs works much better for me.

A few years back, I tried the "different mold for every line" bag and liked it, but eventually went back. I like to make the disc fly the way I want it.

I feel I could pick up any bag and make it work, except a bag full of Optimizers and Maximizers. Then, I'd be right there with ya building a bon fire.

What do you use for Anhyzer shots? I did not see too much understable stuff.

On a good drive I can turnover my surge pretty well, but I would say the Avenger ss. This disc is incredibly understable, as much if not more so than the valk.

Tbird:

A few questions. The groove, I have not thrown it but looks pretty similar to the surge may be a little faster and slightly more stable, is there a noticeable difference. Also, you have a lot of mids do you use all four of those four of those for specific situations? it seems like you would be fine with just three maybe either the drone or the wasp, the buzzz and the impact. Finally how do yuo use the flick, what type of shot?

I'll go ahead and rate my own bag, The Vault. It's small, simple and serves me quite well. I'll give it a 9.63.

I'll go ahead and rate my own bag, The Vault. It's small, simple and serves me quite well. I'll give it a 9.63.

What's hole do you have in your bag to not give yourself a 10? I think everyone should rate their own bag a 10. If not, that just shows lack of confidence in their own bag/game.

Mine's updated.

The Rocs, Gazelles, and Teebirds get a lot of work and I'm happy with them for all shots in between 150' and "unload on an open fairway".

I think I'm nearing the point where I could add an Orc or Wraith, as the Beasts' turn is getting more pronounced and sometimes unwanted the further I throw.

Suggestions for mine??

The Tourney is my travel/new course bag, and the Crunch Box is in the process of being built for our local courses.

The rest are just keeping track of the rest of our discs.

I'll rate it a 7. You don't seem to have any driver for a headwind. I suppose that Wraith may work, but it's DX so even if it works today, it may not work tomorrow. You also lose a point for only throwing Innova, unless of course you're sponsored by them, in which case you're forgiven. You do seem to have the mid-range section covered from understable to over and everything in between. And what's up with the 150 Valk and Sidewinder...I'd think those discs would fly pretty similar to each other. Also, just not a fan of DX drivers because of how fast they get shredded.

On a good drive I can turnover my surge pretty well, but I would say the Avenger ss. This disc is incredibly understable, as much if not more so than the valk.

Tbird:
A few questions. The groove, I have not thrown it but looks pretty similar to the surge may be a little faster and slightly more stable, is there a noticeable difference. Also, you have a lot of mids do you use all four of those four of those for specific situations? it seems like you would be fine with just three maybe either the drone or the wasp, the buzzz and the impact. Finally how do you use the flick, what type of shot?

The Groove is fairly similar to me except in the right winds where its' extra speed helps it fly past my Surge. It's more of a wide-open driver for me. I could really choose one or the other, but I find myself using them both regularly.

I've been trying to better represent my mids as they've been ignored for too long, despite being my most thrown disc. If I were to get rid of any of them, I would say the Drone right now (and I just got the Wasp this past week) because it's just so slow while the others have similar speeds. However, it can tend to get windy by me and the Drone is often the right choice (fall is on its' way).

The Flick is for straight flat runs between 250-275' with huge skip finishes around hard corners and the occasional wide helix (as overstable as it is, it takes forever to hyzer out) in specialized shots. I also throw them high so they finish almost vertical. They will sit where they land. It's a fantastic disc in 150.

Latest posts