• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rate other DGCR posters' bags

Suggestions for mine??

The Tourney is my travel/new course bag, and the Crunch Box is in the process of being built for our local courses.

The rest are just keeping track of the rest of our discs.

Id say its pretty solid 8. Alot of light weight discs (I could use a few more of those) and a very good mix of drivers and mids. I havent thrown a few of those but they prob. work for you. All in all a really nice mix and sorry if this is not more helpful.

Beast upgrade

Mine's updated.
I think I'm nearing the point where I could add an Orc or Wraith, as the Beasts' turn is getting more pronounced and sometimes unwanted the further I throw.

The same is true for me, Beast is turning over which is GREAT but not as a max distance disc. I'm trying to decide between a new, and heavier, Beast or an Orc. I already have a Wraith but don't have the arm speed yet (based on field practice).

Interesting thread. As a beginner, I would probably not be able to rate other bags. However, I would welcome comments on my bag. The primary bag is the one I play with. The alternate is the one I lend friends who do not have any discs.

What's hole do you have in your bag to not give yourself a 10? I think everyone should rate their own bag a 10. If not, that just shows lack of confidence in their own bag/game.

I have miles of confidence in my bag and game. No one is perfect, that is why I graded my bag .37 shy of perfect. I am only missing a true perfect understable driver which I don't think Innova delivers, and I'm not well versed in other plastics.

Mine's updated.

The Rocs, Gazelles, and Teebirds get a lot of work and I'm happy with them for all shots in between 150' and "unload on an open fairway".

I think I'm nearing the point where I could add an Orc or Wraith, as the Beasts' turn is getting more pronounced and sometimes unwanted the further I throw.

Between the Orc and Wraith, I'd say it's definitely wiser to start with the Orc. It's a much bigger jump in stability to the Wraith. Although personally, I'd say go for the Surge SS. It's a disc that actually falls between the Orc and Wraith. When I used the Orc I loved it, but it was a bit flippy so it wasn't the most reliable disc. I also had a nicely beat-in Star Wraith that was pretty much perfect, but I lost it and when I bought a new Wraith it was too overstable for my liking. Enter, the Surge SS- the perfect disc right out of the box.

I have 2 orcs and I have the piss out of them. BH or FH they rock. FH especially. keep it low and it goes straight as a dart and very far. BH it's a little overstable, but very consistent.

Interesting thread. As a beginner, I would probably not be able to rate other bags. However, I would welcome comments on my bag. The primary bag is the one I play with. The alternate is the one I lend friends who do not have any discs.

Man, you really carry 22 discs? I'm a beginner also, and I'm happy with the 5 or so discs I carry. I wonder if, after a year or so, I'll be lugging around 20 molds.

Man, you really carry 22 discs? I'm a beginner also, and I'm happy with the 5 or so discs I carry. I wonder if, after a year or so, I'll be lugging around 20 molds.

you will when you start to get that plastic bug and you itch to get new discs whenever you see them even when you know you don't need them.

it's like a VD. It's consistent and totally uncontrollable at times. Plus it burns like hell when you pee.

One thing too is that, when I started playing Gazelles, Cheetahs, and cyclones were the big D mega fast drivers. They made you learn how to shape lines and work the wind (Living in Oklahoma does that too) so I can make most discs work for me instead of letting the disc do the work. People who just started in the past few years had speed 10+ drivers and really overstable discs and a gazillion molds on the market, so finding a mold for every shot is a lot easier. I'm not saying one way is better, just rotating discs works much better for me.

A few years back, I tried the "different mold for every line" bag and liked it, but eventually went back. I like to make the disc fly the way I want it.

I feel I could pick up any bag and make it work, except a bag full of Optimizers and Maximizers. Then, I'd be right there with ya building a bon fire.

I know exactly what you mean. I can certainly appreciate your perspective on this technique. This particular technique is developed over time with lots of experience.

I like your idea of mastering your discs rather than depending on their performance/design.

you will when you start to get that plastic bug and you itch to get new discs whenever you see them even when you know you don't need them.

it's like a VD. It's consistent and totally uncontrollable at times. Plus it burns like hell when you pee.

I have a tub full of discs in my car to practice with. I just don't carry them in my bag when I play a round.

Do you guys who carry 20 discs actually use all 20? Or do you have a workhorse driver, a workhorse mid, and a workhorse putter that do most of the work?

I have a tub full of discs in my car to practice with. I just don't carry them in my bag when I play a round.

Do you guys who carry 20 discs actually use all 20? Or do you have a workhorse driver, a workhorse mid, and a workhorse putter that do most of the work?

I personally use only about 7-8 different discs per round. a putter, 2 mids, and 4-5 differnt drivers. I currently carry about 12 discs, but I'm getting in a shipment of a bunch of disc soon so I'll carry those around for a while until I weed out which ones I like and don't like.

I'm going to be a little harsh and give you a 6/10...only based on the consideration that you haven't been playing that long. I certainly understand the itch to continuously add more discs to your collection and want to throw them...but as someone who has cut his bag from 22 to 12-14, trust me, it will help you a lot. I carry 4 drivers, 4 mids, 2 putters and I have 2 "flip" slots where I will work in new or newer discs....just so I'm not trying to play too much of a round with new discs.

I hope to cut it down sooner or later. Right now, I carry several similar discs (i.e. a Viking and a Valk). Mainly, I am trying to figure out which ones I like best. Also, there are three water holes on my course. I carry an extra 4-5 discs (putter, mid, 2-3 drivers) in the DX mold that are only used on the water holes. I also have a couple of discs that are only there as a back-up in case I lose one on the course (i.e. two Stingrays which is my current workhorse mid).

Nice bag! 9/10! A nice mix of brands...a disc for every shot...very nice. If I was to make one critique it would be that your bag is so big. I recently went from a big bag carrying 19-22 discs to a smaller bag which fits 12-14. I know it's a very painful process and maybe you have no need...but a smaller bag has definately made me lighter on my feet and has taken away some of the agonizing I used to do over some shots when I knew I had 10 different discs I could use to make it...

The funny thing is that I carry my bag fully loaded for regular ol' rounds on my home course (thinking that by carrying more weight I'll be getting more exercise in the long run, but my elbow's getting pretty worn from all the donning and doffing), and I really only use 5 or 6 discs on my home course since I'm pretty dialed in out there, but I whittle it down when I play tourneys, filling the empty spots with other essentials like a first aid kit, light snacks, PDGA rule book, towels, spare socks, and whatnot.

Thanks!

Mines updated

I'll say 7/10...it's tough to criticize an obvious Roc throwers bag, as I'm sure you get plenty of work out of all of those Rocs. It just seems that there is a gap somewhere between your Rocs and then Wraith, XCal, Boss....but I'm guessing that you are also pretty versatile with that firebird...

If I were to suggest anything it might be a Coyote for an understable mid...but I'm guessing that you have an answer for that that goes something like, "Well my ____ Roc has been beaten in just _____ so that I can do whatever I want with it"

I'll say 7/10...it's tough to criticize an obvious Roc throwers bag, as I'm sure you get plenty of work out of all of those Rocs. It just seems that there is a gap somewhere between your Rocs and then Wraith, XCal, Boss....but I'm guessing that you are also pretty versatile with that firebird...

If I were to suggest anything it might be a Coyote for an understable mid...but I'm guessing that you have an answer for that that goes something like, "Well my ____ Roc has been beaten in just _____ so that I can do whatever I want with it"

Wraith understable long range, Star boss overstable long, TL fairway, the firechicken/Max overstable, xcal junker. Cobra is my understable along with white dx flattop.

Holy S'mores you have a lot of discs. Innova should send you some visors or shirts as a thanks for all the plastic you own. How do you decide what you are going to throw?

I won't rate what you throw because if it works for you who am I to say it's wrong....... SO... here's my 2 cents ..... you have a lot of discs in your bag that overlap each other. You could eliminate a lot redundant discs and lighten your bag without losing any performance.

Latest posts