• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rate other DGCR posters' bags

I carry the following...

Drivers
Champion Firebird
Champion Teebird
Champion Sidewinder
Champion Roadrunner

Mids
DX Roc
DX Gator

Putters
Pro-D Challenger

I know it's minimalistic, and I'd like to keep it in that vein, but what could I benefit from?

If minimalism is your thing (it's definitely mine), you should pick either the SW or the Roadrunner...those are very similar in flight.

Depending on the condition of your Rocs and Gators, I could see those overlapping a bit too. I used to carry Rocs and Sentinels (the latter being for strong headwinds and shots where I wanted a stronger low-speed fade), but I eventually found a few Rocs that were beefy and overstable, so I dropped the Sentinels completely.

Personally, I like carrying as few molds and as few discs as possible (my bag consistst of TB, FB, Roc, Wizard, and a few very beat Eagles for rollers)...when I was carrying an overstuffed bag, I always hated trying to decide between discs that were very similar. Also, I believe that disc minimalism forces you to learn to become more proficient...instead of using disc X for this shot, and disc Y for a similar one, you learn to use 1 disc for both.

Minimal clutter in the bag = minimal clutter in the mind

If minimalism is your thing (it's definitely mine), you should pick either the SW or the Roadrunner...those are very similar in flight.

Depending on the condition of your Rocs and Gators, I could see those overlapping a bit too. I used to carry Rocs and Sentinels (the latter being for strong headwinds and shots where I wanted a stronger low-speed fade), but I eventually found a few Rocs that were beefy and overstable, so I dropped the Sentinels completely.

Personally, I like carrying as few molds and as few discs as possible (my bag consistst of TB, FB, Roc, Wizard, and a few very beat Eagles for rollers)...when I was carrying an overstuffed bag, I always hated trying to decide between discs that were very similar. Also, I believe that disc minimalism forces you to learn to become more proficient...instead of using disc X for this shot, and disc Y for a similar one, you learn to use 1 disc for both.

Minimal clutter in the bag = minimal clutter in the mind

You have a lot of Tee Birds, and not many different weights. I'm new to the sport and not real familiar with all the flight patterns of discs.
I give it an 8.75-9/10

Thanks for the info. I just started here and noticed I had yet to do so. I'm also new to the sport been playing about a month, but have learned fast(and play a lot). By the way if you see my lost leopard please call me. :(

Last edited:
Ohh ohh! Rate mine!

Techno's Bag

I got a lot of DX but I am going to start to change that as I see the discs I want to keep using for some time to come. When I replace my Stingrays, i know the next one will be in champ plastic.

What the heck? Does nobody know how this works? You have to rate the previous posters bag to get rated. I rated the person above so the next person would rate mine but thats what I get for hoping.

What the heck? Does nobody know how this works? You have to rate the previous posters bag to get rated. I rated the person above so the next person would rate mine but thats what I get for hoping.

Let me give it a try.

I say 9/10

It looks like a good minimalist bag.

You got the monarch as your go to driver and I love that. It is a good all around disc.

Im not sure about the Aviar driver but I guess a lot of people like to drive with a putter. Its an interesting idea. And of course, the Avair for a putter is golden. Not for all, but definately undeniable that it is a fine putter.

Your mids are interesting as you have a panther as your roller and the other is a beat Roc. Personally, I dont like rollers as they hit a stick and go anywhere from there, but I think that is a decent disc to do that with, and for the Roc; I love beat discs likeI like a broke in pair of shoes.

The 150 Valk, I will give to you, but even if it is underclassed to you, to where you throw your anhyzers with it, I still dont like the fade it has for that type of shot and maybe a Roadrunner would be better at that. Or for shorter anhyzers; cant go wrong with a Stingray or Kite.

Overall, I love the set and would play a round with these discs and all in good plastic. The differences I have with it is not worth more than a hair off as it becomes a taste thing so thats where I give you the 9/10.

Feel free to rate my bag:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/bag.php?mid=5616

Note- I play with a bunch of other rookies (aka some high school students... I'm their youth minister) and this bag functions as the group bag, so there are 4-5 people playing using these discs. And we're all new to the game. Other than me, none of them use a putter, they just putt with their main disc. Also- none of us use the Boss.

Personally, I tend to use the Aero, the lighter Roc, the Kite and the Leopards the most.

Feel free to rate my bag:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/bag.php?mid=5616

Note- I play with a bunch of other rookies (aka some high school students... I'm their youth minister) and this bag functions as the group bag, so there are 4-5 people playing using these discs. And we're all new to the game. Other than me, none of them use a putter, they just putt with their main disc. Also- none of us use the Boss.

Personally, I tend to use the Aero, the lighter Roc, the Kite and the Leopards the most.

It's good to hear that you use the discs you do becasue your bag has a lot of high speed drivers in there. The wraith, boss and destoyer are not good disc to start with. If you are spreading the good word of DG (and God too), at the risk of sounding like a broken record :eek:, I would recomemend the discraft misprint deal. you get a ton of discs for cheap.

Beyond that I would pick up some more lower speed stuff, maybe a valk or something. But only if you get that plastic bug and feel the need to buy more (I know I ussually do!). You have a great bag to learn with except for the 3 monsters I mentioned before. I would say a 6/10 just because of your lack of putters.

I have had my bag rated before, but I have added a ton so could I get another one please? :D

Last edited:
It's good to hear that you use the discs you do becasue your bag has a lot of high speed drivers in there. The wraith, boss and destoyer are not good disc to start with. If you are spreading the good word of DG (and God too), at the risk of sounding like a broken record :eek:, I would recomemend the discraft misprint deal. you get a ton of discs for cheap.

Beyond that I would pick up some more lower speed stuff, maybe a valk or something. But only if you get that plastic bug and feel the need to buy more (I know I ussually do!). You have a great bag to learn with except for the 3 monsters I mentioned before. I would say a 6/10 just because of your lack of putters.

I have had my bag rated before, but I have added a ton so could I get another one please? :D

Skinner - without being completely familiar with discraft's complete line of mids, I really like your bag and would give it a 7-8/10.
My only critique is that you seem to be a bit heavy on the mids as compared to your drivers...but that's all personal preference.
I'd like to ask you if you use any overhand shots and what disc you use for those. Also...do you have anything you'd consider a meathook for those big hyzer shots??

Feel free to critique my bag, I've been moving a few things in and out but am trying to keep it to 12 or fewer....

Skinner - without being completely familiar with discraft's complete line of mids, I really like your bag and would give it a 7-8/10.
My only critique is that you seem to be a bit heavy on the mids as compared to your drivers...but that's all personal preference.
I'd like to ask you if you use any overhand shots and what disc you use for those. Also...do you have anything you'd consider a meathook for those big hyzer shots??

Feel free to critique my bag, I've been moving a few things in and out but am trying to keep it to 12 or fewer....

I use my mids for all sorts of shots. Buzzz for straight, Rhyno for hyzers, wolf for annies. I like to use discs for specific shots because it helps me stay consistent. That way when I throw a certain way I know what will happen every time. For my meathook I have a new champ wraith that fades really hard when I get it up without a ton of power, so that's what I use it for. As for overhands, that is a shot that I can not get working for me at all so I very rarely even try. When I do though it's the Beast just because I could care less if it gets tacoed or lost.

you have a TON of discs. I would say the same for you with being mid heavy. Other than that I like your bag. A lot of stable-unstable stuff, with a good mix of overstable. 8/10. You don't have a ton of discs that I have thrown, but you have a bunch that I have heard good things about. I definatly wouldn't mind playing a round with your bag just to experiemnt.

Last edited:
Thanks I appreciate it. The mids are my bread and butter, I realistically should use them off the tee more than I do already. Driver wise the understable stuff is what I use for backhand, the overstable for forehand, and the stable stuff for both.

I have an X Putt'r that I used to use a lot so its pretty beat up and soft right now. I haven't really busted out the Putt'r in a while other than occasionally on the home basket but I might bring it to the course and see if I find it useful again. I just got the champion glow Aviar a few days ago but so far it seems noticeably less stable than my Challengers on longer throws(over 100'). Do you have an understable putter you recommend?

X Putt'r will definitely work for that, I use a Gateway Magic as my understable putter. The voodoo also goes more towards understable if thrown hard. I have not messed much with discraft putters so I could not tell you on those.

Ohh ohh! Rate mine!

Techno's Bag

I got a lot of DX but I am going to start to change that as I see the discs I want to keep using for some time to come. When I replace my Stingrays, i know the next one will be in champ plastic.

Anyone want to do mine?

Backstory is I started playing maybe close to 8 years ago, very casually, then for the last 3 years maybe once a year if at all. Started back up this summer and have been working on getting my equipment up to speed.

Most if not all of the DX plastics I have now are from before this year asside from the X outs which are my loaner and hazard discs.

Just updated it with my latest order that isnt even here yet. I need to lay off the spending as I think I have a good variety now with this last order and have rebuilt my bag I think fairly well over the past 3 months.

At least for a while. What do you think?

Anyone want to do mine?

Backstory is I started playing maybe close to 8 years ago, very casually, then for the last 3 years maybe once a year if at all. Started back up this summer and have been working on getting my equipment up to speed.

Most if not all of the DX plastics I have now are from before this year asside from the X outs which are my loaner and hazard discs.

Just updated it with my latest order that isnt even here yet. I need to lay off the spending as I think I have a good variety now with this last order and have rebuilt my bag I think fairly well over the past 3 months.

At least for a while. What do you think?

First off, you get extra points for having a Puma...that's awesome:)
I think I would give your bag about a 7/10. Just being a bit presumptuous (did I spell that right?) about your game, it sounds like you've known about the game for a while, but for all intents and purposes just got into it. That being said, I would maybe move away from the Boss and Wraith right now and try to work a Valkyrie into your bag. I've never thrown an Epic, but I've heard mixed things about it, so you may want to be careful on how/how much you use it and rely on it...
I considered knocking you down a bit for the plastic, but you addressed this and as you get more comfortable with certain discs, I would get those in the higher grade plastics...but off the jump I would get a Star Valk in the low to mid 160's.

First off, you get extra points for having a Puma...that's awesome:)
I think I would give your bag about a 7/10. Just being a bit presumptuous (did I spell that right?) about your game, it sounds like you've known about the game for a while, but for all intents and purposes just got into it. That being said, I would maybe move away from the Boss and Wraith right now and try to work a Valkyrie into your bag. I've never thrown an Epic, but I've heard mixed things about it, so you may want to be careful on how/how much you use it and rely on it...
I considered knocking you down a bit for the plastic, but you addressed this and as you get more comfortable with certain discs, I would get those in the higher grade plastics...but off the jump I would get a Star Valk in the low to mid 160's.

Thank you!

Thats pretty accurate although, i was into it before, my fiance just wasnt into it. Now that she is, I am more able to get into it.

I had a bunch more DX plastic at the beginning of this summer even, but I loaned some out that got lost and hit some water hazards myself with some of my less favorable discs, then gave a few to my fiance, son and her son as hand me downs. Thats where the X Outs came into play for future hazards and loaners. I really dont care for the Wraith yet, I typically reach for the Eagle if I need one for a hazard.

With the Epic, overhand shots had been one of my best throws and I got the Epic to use since it seemed cool and my Banshee is about to fall apart and it has worked ok so far. I try not to use it often as I find it hurts my shoulder more than a regular FH or BH throw.

Its funny you mention the Star Valk as I just gave away my DX that was 150 because it got too flippy and was seriously considering a Valk in the weight you describe but I decided on the TL instead.

Pretty spot on though. I am impressed.

lol You have to be signed out when you get the link to your bag, otherwise; the link takes us to our own bag.

Here is sillybizz'z bag CLICK ME

I would rate it but I dont know a lot of Discraft yet, but you must sure like your Buzzzes

I don't know how to do all of this link stuff, but thank you. My bag needs a Force in it! Yeah I love the Buzzz! Lower your scores:

Challenger
Buzzz
Drone
Wasp

bump rate me!

bump rate me!

9/10. I'll rate your bag the same as I did (I think) mutt's. Understable putter is all you are missing. That is if you have a good confident midrange anhyzer disc (buzzz ss or impact?). Good understables, Nice control drivers and some overstable plastic. I like the challengers, the buzzz's and wasp, and then the impact I would like to try myself :) Overall nice bag man.